How rare is the "Bu$hleaguer" 45?

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I found one at my local record shop for $5. I was wondering from you long time fans how rare is that 45? Plays perfect, sounds better than the CD version. The A-side is Bu$hleaguer and the B-side is Down. How rare is it?!?!
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Not very.
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,387
    About as rare as Even Flow being played at a show....
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Thanks! Just wanted to know. Was it released as a single?

I'm still a new fan compared to mostly all of you. Just started seriously collecting Pearl Jam vinyl.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    $5 is about the going rate. At least you didn't get ripped off!
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    Yep. The owner of the shop is really cool, down-to-earth guy. He wouldn't rip anyone off. The 45 was the only one in the store and I knew I had to get it. It was either that or the Icky Thump 45.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Hmm....I won this in a PJ fantasy football league, but the guy never sent it or returned my email! Oh well...if anyone has an extra or spots one in a store, please grab it for me & I'll pay ya for it.

It's a simple rule....you pledge a prize, you send it off if you lose.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • cocguitarcocguitar Posts: 14
    where in Waterbury did you find a real record store, not just an fye?
    cocguitar wrote:

Brass City Records. Downtown Waterbury, a little past the Elks Club and near the newspaper's building. It's a great store.
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    Newch91 wrote:
    cocguitar wrote:

Brass City Records. Downtown Waterbury, a little past the Elks Club and near the newspaper's building. It's a great store.

has anyone been to merles record shack in orange, ct? i havent been to the one in waterbury, but merel's is good for rarte things even though he over charges a bit sometimes, but I guess its worth it because he knows a lot and is willing to spin anything you want while you chill there and search for records
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    raw
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
    Newch91 wrote:
    cocguitar wrote:

has anyone been to merles record shack in orange, ct? i havent been to the one in waterbury, but merel's is good for rarte things even though he over charges a bit sometimes, but I guess its worth it because he knows a lot and is willing to spin anything you want while you chill there and search for records

Never heard of it. Might check it out next time I'm in Orange at Guitar Center. I know my dad would like that. At Brass City, everything has a good price to it and he has rare stuff he charges pretty good. I know the Beatles' "Yesterday and Today" butcher cover at Brass City is $350. I'd say that's fair for that cover.
    Newch91 wrote:

has anyone been to merles record shack in orange, ct? i havent been to the one in waterbury, but merel's is good for rarte things even though he over charges a bit sometimes, but I guess its worth it because he knows a lot and is willing to spin anything you want while you chill there and search for records[/quote]

Never heard of it. Might check it out next time I'm in Orange at Guitar Center. I know my dad would like that. At Brass City, everything has a good price to it and he has rare stuff he charges pretty good. I know the Beatles' "Yesterday and Today" butcher cover at Brass City is $350. I'd say that's fair for that cover.[/quote]

Yea Merle doesn't have any PJ stuff on vinyl, but hes got a shitload of rare PJ cds offical anmd unoffica. You should check it out. Its right near DipTop and the famous VIP.
    Does Brass City have any newer stuff on vinyl? Like could i find some hophop there or any stuff released within the last 15 years? Cause thats the only thing about Merle's, not a good selection of new vinyls

Yea Merle doesn't have any PJ stuff on vinyl, but hes got a shitload of rare PJ cds offical anmd unoffica. You should check it out. Its right near DipTop and the famous VIP.
    Does Brass City have any newer stuff on vinyl? Like could i find some hophop there or any stuff released within the last 15 years? Cause thats the only thing about Merle's, not a good selection of new vinyls

Brass City not much on PJ stuff. Found the I Am Mine CD Single, Riot Act promo DVD, and the Bu$hleaguer 45. I don't think he has hiphop stuff, maybe a few. He's got a good selection of newer stuff, but the store is mainly old and originals. He has new releases and new reissues. I bought all 3 Hendrix reissues there, along with Valleys of Neptune. You should check it out.

I definitely can't wait for Record Store Day. Going to ask what he's planning on getting there. I know he already told me he ordered some of the Hendrix live vinyl that's coming out that day.
    Newch91 wrote:

Brass City not much on PJ stuff. Found the I Am Mine CD Single, Riot Act promo DVD, and the Bu$hleaguer 45. I don't think he has hiphop stuff, maybe a few. He's got a good selection of newer stuff, but the store is mainly old and originals. He has new releases and new reissues. I bought all 3 Hendrix reissues there, along with Valleys of Neptune. You should check it out.

I definitely can't wait for Record Store Day. Going to ask what he's planning on getting there. I know he already told me he ordered some of the Hendrix live vinyl that's coming out that day.

gonna have to check this place out....can you PM me the address?
    Newch91 wrote:

gonna have to check this place out....can you PM me the address?

PM sent
  • cocguitarcocguitar Posts: 14
    phoenix records used to be in waterbury and they had everything pearl jam put out. I bought pretty much every single cd single there. Too bad they closed last year
    cocguitar wrote:
    phoenix records used to be in waterbury and they had everything pearl jam put out. I bought pretty much every single cd single there. Too bad they closed last year

Yeah I was bummed they closed. Now they have something in Litchfield and their vinyl are on their ebay store.