olp spiritual machines

mrmojorisincamrmojorisinca Posts: 174
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I think I've been living under a rock..
Was just watching a new Interview with Our Lady Peace. and it was brought up that Matt played drums for OLP on two songs spiritual machines..I thought that was pretty cool :)
FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I think I've been living under a rock..
    Was just watching a new Interview with Our Lady Peace. and it was brought up that Matt played drums for OLP on two songs spiritual machines..I thought that was pretty cool :)

which tracks?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    They just did a tour (or maybe they're still going) where the played that album in it's entirety. Actually one night was spiritual machines and the other is clumsy.

I didn't realize it until after they played Toronto...would have liked to have heard spiritual machines live..that's my favorite album of theirs.
  • "Right Behind You (Mafia)" and "Are You Sad?" are the songs he played on.
    and he may have played a show or two..apparently PJ was in Town and Jermey Taggard is good friends with him and because Tagagrd was hurt from being Mugged he helped out..Good Guy I tell you :)
    FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
    http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    He played on Are You Sad, and (I think) Right Behind You. One of my favorite albums of all time.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• jordan kjordan k Posts: 196
    Red Lukin wrote:
    They just did a tour (or maybe they're still going) where the played that album in it's entirety. Actually one night was spiritual machines and the other is clumsy.

I'm going to both shows in Vancouver actually, taking the gilfriend and step kid as a bday gift!
    I didn't realize it until after they played Toronto...would have liked to have heard spiritual machines live..that's my favorite album of theirs.
    Key Arena - Nov 05 2000, General Motors Place - May 30 2003, General Motors Place - Sep 02 2005, Canada Olympic Park - Aug 08 2009,Key Arena - Sep 22 2009, GM Place - Sep 25 2009, The O2 - Jun 22 2010, Odyssey Arena - Jun 23 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Scotiabank Saddledome - Sep 21, 2011, Rexall Place - Sep 23, 2011, Pacific Coliseum - Sep 25, 2011, Portland OR 11-29-2013, Spokane WA 11-30-2013, Vancouver BC 12-04-2013, Seattle WA 12-06-2013, Toronto ON 05-10-2016, Toronto ON 05-12-2016, Seattle WA 08-08-2018, Seattle 08-10-2018

EV Arlene Schnitzer Hall - July 14 2011, EV Benaroya Hall - July 16 2011

• gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    our lady peace is a great band. saw them live at the vic theater before the two nights of pearl jam in chicago in 2009. and yes, the OLP show was the best of the three i saw that weekend
  • One Song GloryOne Song Glory Posts: 710
    edited April 2010
    I saw both shows in Ottawa last week. Clumsy was a fun night but Spiritual Machines was STELLAR! Even the Ray Kurzweil interludes were included, which made for a trippy show. You can tell the guys really love this album too. The first night Raine was all serious and intense but he seemed overjoyed during the Spiritual Machines set the second night. He also mentioned that he's noticing a major difference in the crowds for both shows. Spiritual Machines fans are more hardcore! :D The crowd was rocking our little 1000-person theatre, while the night before everyone SAT through the first set, which was awkward, so the band was truly appreciative for the energy of night two. Raine did his famous little stunt at the end of getting the whole place to sing the entirety of 4 A.M. while he stood in the middle of the crowd (directly in front of me, I might add!) and just listened to us all belt it out with the most amazed smile on his face. It was a special night.
    And to compare, they drew probably 50 or 60,000 at Bluesfest this past summer (they're insanely popular in Canada), and I could be underestimating, so to see them in such a tiny venue was surreal.
    Say what you want about Our Lady Peace since the release of this album, but their first four albums are solid gold, as well as Raine's solo album which is HIGHLY recommended.
    Post edited by One Song Glory on
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    I saw both shows in Ottawa last week. Clumsy was a fun night but Spiritual Machines was STELLAR! Even the Ray Kurzweil interludes were included, which made for a trippy show. You can tell the guys really love this album too. The first night Raine was all serious and intense but he seemed overjoyed during the Spiritual Machines set the second night. He also mentioned that he's noticing a major difference in the crowds for both shows. Spiritual Machines fans are more hardcore! :D Say what you want about Our Lady Peace since the release of this album, but their first four albums are solid gold, as well as Raine's solo album which is HIGHLY recommended.
    Have you gave Burn, Burn a listen? Freaking solid album there...I haven't heard any recent PJ song that can compare to Paper Moon
  • I saw both shows in Ottawa last week. Clumsy was a fun night but Spiritual Machines was STELLAR! Even the Ray Kurzweil interludes were included, which made for a trippy show. You can tell the guys really love this album too. The first night Raine was all serious and intense but he seemed overjoyed during the Spiritual Machines set the second night. He also mentioned that he's noticing a major difference in the crowds for both shows. Spiritual Machines fans are more hardcore! :D Say what you want about Our Lady Peace since the release of this album, but their first four albums are solid gold, as well as Raine's solo album which is HIGHLY recommended.

totally agree on The Hunters Lullaby. Did you catch him during his solo tour?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • gndcd402 wrote:
    I saw both shows in Ottawa last week. Clumsy was a fun night but Spiritual Machines was STELLAR! Even the Ray Kurzweil interludes were included, which made for a trippy show. You can tell the guys really love this album too. The first night Raine was all serious and intense but he seemed overjoyed during the Spiritual Machines set the second night. He also mentioned that he's noticing a major difference in the crowds for both shows. Spiritual Machines fans are more hardcore! :D Say what you want about Our Lady Peace since the release of this album, but their first four albums are solid gold, as well as Raine's solo album which is HIGHLY recommended.
    Have you gave Burn, Burn a listen? Freaking solid album there...I haven't heard any recent PJ song that can compare to Paper Moon

I LOVE Paper Moon and I quite like most of the new stuff actually, but it just doesn't compare to the intensity of the older stuff for me. I miss Raine's falsetto, soooo much power there. But he can still pull it off live, which leads me to believe it was a conscious decision to go more poppy...even though his solo stuff is far from it.
  • I saw both shows in Ottawa last week. Clumsy was a fun night but Spiritual Machines was STELLAR! Even the Ray Kurzweil interludes were included, which made for a trippy show. You can tell the guys really love this album too. The first night Raine was all serious and intense but he seemed overjoyed during the Spiritual Machines set the second night. He also mentioned that he's noticing a major difference in the crowds for both shows. Spiritual Machines fans are more hardcore! :D Say what you want about Our Lady Peace since the release of this album, but their first four albums are solid gold, as well as Raine's solo album which is HIGHLY recommended.

Yes I did! :D One of my best concert experiences. The place he played in Ottawa was an oversized pub, held MAYBE 400 people. And we were front row centre. The Hunter's Lullaby is easily one of my favourite albums.

Yes I did! :D One of my best concert experiences. The place he played in Ottawa was an oversized pub, held MAYBE 400 people. And we were front row centre. The Hunter's Lullaby is easily one of my favourite albums.

wasn't ottawa one of the places that Jared Paul showed up to perform The Less I Know? the place he played at here was the Garrick, an old movie theatre turned music venue. Holds 500 maybe. It was great.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

• wasn't ottawa one of the places that Jared Paul showed up to perform The Less I Know? the place he played at here was the Garrick, an old movie theatre turned music venue. Holds 500 maybe. It was great.

Yup. Jared Paul "opened" the show with his slam before Billy the Kid played. I have NEVER heard a concert audience so SILENT as he did his thing. It was intense how everyone really listened to him, even though there was no "music" per se. Much respect to the guy.
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Paper Moon is unbelievably good top tier OLP song right there, Monkey Brains as well is a great great song, but while solid, the rest of the album doesn't really compare to the first 4. Overall, better than Gravity and Healthy though, which was all I was asking for with the album. Can't expect them or really any band to match Spiritual Machine level quality. So glad that album is getting love these days, especially on a few music boards I use. Been one of my favorite albums since I first heard it when I was 12.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    gndcd402 wrote:

Burn Burn is a GREAT album!

Paper moon is the shit!
    I also really like "the end is where we begin"
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • DeadpoolDeadpool Posts: 155
    I love OLP and recently saw the Detroit show. However Hunter's Lullaby is the worst cd. It hardly even tolerable. Many many hardcore OLP fans agree. It's almost as bad as Jeff's Tone album.