Digital Cameras

EddieLedBetterEddieLedBetter Posts: 360
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Does anyone know the camera policy for the Kansas City show at the Sprint Center? I know in the past Pearl Jam allowed and would advocate for anyone bringing a camera. I dont want to have to walk 2 blocks back to the hotel to take it back. Its not pocket sized or I would do that its a larger Cannon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    CAMERA POLICY FOR CONCERT ATTENDEES

* Small, handheld cameras welcome.
    * No flash in the first 20 rows.
    * No detachable lenses.
    * No professional still or recording cameras.
    * No sticks.
    * No video cameras.

http://www.pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    norm wrote:

* No detachable lenses.
    * No sticks.
    * No video cameras.

It still amazes me how professional looking and sounding some of these YouTube clips are in spite of these rules.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Would this be considered small hand held? Its definitely not professional by any means.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-S ... B002LITT3I
  • NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    Would this be considered small hand held? Its definitely not professional by any means.

no detachable lens -- id go for it.
    I brought a similar camera into Philly 3 (but you are always subject to local arena policy)
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    9/3/24 I(MSG1)
    9/4/24 (MSG 2)
  • Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    Would this be considered small hand held? Its definitely not professional by any means.

careful would hate to lose that camera because it kinda looks professional to me, though I know it's not.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    I heard these are pretty good. Only downside is they are Made in China! :|

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00qM ... lasses.jpg
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    norm wrote:

* No detachable lenses.
    * No sticks.
    * No video cameras.

It still amazes me how professional looking and sounding some of these YouTube clips are in spite of these rules.

I think some of the better videos actually sync bootleg audio to the video, so you arent recording the music on the camera mic.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    FrankieG wrote:
    norm wrote:

* No detachable lenses.
    * No sticks.
    * No video cameras.

I think some of the better videos actually sync bootleg audio to the video, so you arent recording the music on the camera mic.

The capabilities of some of the HD video camera in the modern digital is amazing. Check out the Panasonic Lumix range.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    demetrios wrote:
    I heard these are pretty good. Only downside is they are Made in China! :|

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00qM ... lasses.jpg

That's Cool 8-)
  • ya the camera i plan on taking takes great HD video. it does look professional but isnt and doesnt allow detachable lenses.
    ya the camera i plan on taking takes great HD video. it does look professional but isnt and doesnt allow detachable lenses.

Bring home some sweet clips for us! :)
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    FrankieG wrote:

The capabilities of some of the HD video camera in the modern digital is amazing. Check out the Panasonic Lumix range.
    :shh:
    ;)
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    I'm in desperate need of a new digital camera. Any suggestions for a high quality camera under a buck 50? I got a feelin' I'm gonna be needing it for this tour. ;)
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
    Anybody?? out there...
    I'm in desperate need of a new digital camera. Any suggestions for a high quality camera under a buck 50? I got a feelin' I'm gonna be needing it for this tour. ;)

A high quality camera under a buck 50? hmm .. you might be interested in one of these camera's made out of chocolate.

2500817942_65c7d5cf79.jpg

Doubt you will be taking an photos. But you'll look cool when Ed & the guy's are looking down @ you up front holding one of these! :mrgreen:
    demetrios wrote:

A high quality camera under a buck 50? hmm .. you might be interested in one of these camera's made out of chocolate.

2500817942_65c7d5cf79.jpg

Doubt you will be taking an photos. But you'll look cool when Ed & the guy's are looking down @ you up front holding one of these! :mrgreen:

Yummy sweeeetness. I meant $150 beans/dollars/loot/cashola :lol:
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,823
    I was recently at a show where all cameras and cell phones were prohibited (basically enforced only if you took it out)
    It made the show so much more enjoyable.
    Get_Right wrote:
    I was recently at a show where all cameras and cell phones were prohibited (basically enforced only if you took it out)
    It made the show so much more enjoyable.

Well, I surely hope you're not sitting next to me @ any of these shows because I'm gonna be taking a gazillion photo's @ the shows I'm going to. I mean like, 4 sd cards worth of pics :lol:;) To each his/her own.

Well, I surely hope you're not sitting next to me @ any of these shows because I'm gonna be taking a gazillion photo's @ the shows I'm going to. I mean like, 4 sd cards worth of pics :lol:;) To each his/her own.
    for your sake I hope so to :lol::lol::lol: cause they will all come out blurry :mrgreen:
    I mean, fine take a few pics to remember the moment
    but it drives me nuts when people focus more on their phones/cameras than the music being played

I agree to each their own-but not when it affects others enjoyment of the show
    Get_Right wrote:

for your sake I hope so to :lol::lol::lol: cause they will all come out blurry :mrgreen:
    I mean, fine take a few pics to remember the moment
    but it drives me nuts when people focus more on their phones/cameras than the music being played

I agree to each their own-but not when it affects others enjoyment of the show

I'm messing with you. :D I could barely remember I actually had a camera with me @ the last show I was @. I get too lost in the sauce of the sounds. But, it sure is sweeet to have memories to look at. Remind me to get a pic of you. ;)

I'm messing with you. :D I could barely remember I actually had a camera with me @ the last show I was @. I get too lost in the sauce of the sounds. But, it sure is sweeet to have memories to look at. Remind me to get a pic of you. ;)
    I know
    same here

sauce of the sounds :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I like that
  • TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    norm wrote:

With these you could actually make awesome concert dvd. Just get a group of friends, let's say 10-15. Few on the front, few on the sides etc. everyone records and then someone produces a high quality multi-cam mix out of those. It's so easy nowdays.
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
    I just purchased an amazing Nikon digi camera for Mothers' day/birthday gift on sale for a grand total of: $144.44. I can not wait to take some insanely awesome photo's/video's @ the show! Let's see...Can anyone say 'Can't Keep' as a show opener? That would make for some excellent footage followed by 'Go', 'Save You', 'Last Exit', 'Got Some', & so on... ;) See Demetrios, I knew I'd find something for under a buck 50. :lol: