The 2007 tour is a mystery...

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,178
edited April 2010 in The Porch
There are strange things about this tour that it seems never got answered or discussed.

I find it really weird that:

1. They didn't play Even Flow in London and Copenhagen. I went to both so it felt to me that they "excluded Even Flow from the tour". But looking at the setlists they seem to have played it often, but still. I went to 2 shows and didn't get it, felt weird... It was the 2 "high profile" shows of the tour also - the most talked about before (and maybe after). Maybe not that weird, but kind of weird? :D

2. No official bootlegs. From 2000 and forward they haven't excluded many shows from the bootleg-treatment. And no tours, so this is weird? They dragged the equipment down to South America but not to Europe? Or was it recorded but not realesed? Are they waiting for something special (Avocado Re-realese? :P ) or did the distrubution fell through? Really wish I would have a good sounding bootleg from London, last show with my then girlfriend....
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    i feel for ya when you didn't get those official bootlegs and i also question why it didnt happen. weird.

2007 was such a tough year for pj fans
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i feel for ya when you didn't get those official bootlegs and i also question why it didnt happen. weird.

2007 was such a tough year for pj fans

they did it for me sorry. i was drunk and broke for all of 07 with live on 2 legs on repeat so they didn't feel it neccesary to release bootlegs i wouldn't get to :)
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    2007 boots are out there to be had...mostly fan recordings...some are pretty good... Copenhagen for instance. but they are out there...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    I think the 2007 tour happened around the time the band parted ways with long-time live mixer Brett Eliason, who mixed all the 2000-2006 boots.

I got the impression they just didn't have a new set-up organised until the 2008 tour - I still don't think the boots are even close to the quality of the earlier shows yet. Brett knew exactly how Pearl Jam should sound, I'm not sure the new team does.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,178
    I got the impression they just didn't have a new set-up organised until the 2008 tour

Yeah, I think it's something like this too. But it wouldn't be a biggie for them... to like tell us that? I'm not saying they are forced to... but you know when every tour gets boots in some form and the short, but wonderful, 2007 tour doesn't and no one says why -- I get sad and worried...

ANd I know that COpenhagen has a decent boot (made my dad listen too PJ through that version av Why Go) but London doesn't have one... :/
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    But it wouldn't be a biggie for them... to like tell us that?
    DEAR GOD MAN, HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WHO YOU'RE DEALING WITH HERE?

;)
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    YEah i still would lik eo have official (great quality) boots for Munich nd Dusseldorf ( i want my first rats experience). :|