Options

Grace Potter anyone?

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited April 2010 in Other Music
Any fans of Grace and the Nocturnals out there? That woman has an awesome voice and they have a great sound. New album is coming in May (or is it June) and I've tracked down all the new songs on archive.org...sounds like it could easily be one of my top three albums this year.

I had heard of her before but had paid no attention at all, but when she joined Gov't Mule for "Southern Man" and Bonnaroo last year I was blown away. Maybe I was a bit inebriated but if you youtube that performance I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Anyways, really good band I had missed out on for a while. Damn shame is that they never play down here in the dirty dirty.

I've listened to a lot of boots, but I wonder what their live show is really like....anyone had the pleasure of seeing them?
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    juan lesterjuan lester Posts: 321
    grace is a sweetheart of a a lady, and fully puts it down live. i saw her and her band at targhee fest last summer - she rocked the house during her set, then came out later and did a killer version of 'gold dust woman' with warren haynes (i think it's on youtube). she just played last weekend at Teton Village - free outdoor concert and more of the same. it was very windy and it didn't affect those guys at all. she and her band are the real deal. big sound. just a blast. anyone who gets a chance, check her out.
    her sister is an artist here in our little valley so she's been coming out here for quite some time.
    uke can save the world
  • Options
    I've really kicked myself for not paying attention prior to Bonnaroo last year because I would have loved the opportunity to see them there...now that I know what they bring. I turned a girlfriend of mine on to them and I believe she and I are the only folks in our neck of the woods who have ever even heard of them.

'Apologies' off This Is Somewhere is one of the most gorgeous songs ever

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Oh...and I find it hilarious that rolling stone has named them one of '2010's BEST NEW BANDS.'

Hey guys...they're not new just because you are just now catching on....third fuckin' album is on the way...hardly new

• Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    not a fan but she has a good voice.
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    so into them. i remember seeing them on tv a few years ago and i immediately had to go out and buy one of their cd's. can't wait for the new one to come out.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.