BATHYNOMUS GIGANTEUS

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Bathynomus_giganteus.jpg

HOW YOU DOING !!
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    isopod00.jpg
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

what in the holy hell is that!
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Please don't make me look at that anymore...

a sea creature that lives on the bottom of the ocean floor

it hitched a ride with a submarine
    thats messed up. researching it online right now. videos & pictures of people holding it. WHY WOULD YOU TUOCH THAT THING! :lol:
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978

Of all people on this board, I would expect Steve Zissou to be able to identify this creature.

:lol:
    thats messed up. researching it online right now. videos & pictures of people holding it. WHY WOULD YOU TUOCH THAT THING! :lol:

its in our waters also

be careful this summer...ya never know :o:mrgreen:
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Many years ago I dated a chick who looked just like that in the morning.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

its in our waters also

be careful this summer...ya never know :o:mrgreen:

theres a lot of things in your waters. here in oz we got things you cant even see thatll kill you. i see it as nature getting her own back. but yeah by all means get a bigger boat. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    the wolf wrote:
    Many years ago I dated a chick who looked just like that in the morning.

i think iam now :lol:
    Of all people on this board, I would expect Steve Zissou to be able to identify this creature.

steve zissou spends most of his time in his hot air balloon smoking a J. 8-)

he truthfully has very little knowledge of marine life!
  • when I first saw this I thought it was an April Fools... seriously a 2.5 foot long water bug? Yikes
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I thought the OP was braggin about the size of his bathroom... or a floater...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027

:lol: at the floater.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    APRIL FOOL'S !!!!!!!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

this morning their was one in the toilet :ugeek:
    APRIL FOOL'S !!!!!!!!

Think sharks are scary? They're downright cuddly compared to the Bathynomus giganteus, a very terrifying (and very real) sea creature that recently surfaced from the deep.

See Flickr photos of the creature. (Warning: May give you nightmares.)

So, what the heck is it? According to an article from Fox News, the Bathynomus giganteus (henceforth known as "Bart") is a type of giant isopod, "a large crustacean that dwells in deep Atlantic and Pacific waters." It passes the time by feeding on "dead whales, fish, and squid."

Ol' Bart attached itself to a submarine that was exploring the ocean floor. When the sub surfaced, people got an unexpected look at the slithery stowaway. The creature is a pinkish in color, two and a half feet long, and wouldn't be out of place in an Ed Wood movie (no offense, Bart).

The story was originally posted on Reddit by a guy who works for the submarine company. It quickly went viral from there. Once news of the creature's existence hit, Web searches immediately soared. Online lookups for "sea creature found," "giant isopod," and (our personal favorite) "terrifying sea creature" all roared.

It's worth noting that the existence of the Bathynomus giganteus isn't, in and of itself, a surprise. Scientists have long been aware of them. The shock came from seeing one up close in all its cockroach-like glory. Can't. Look. Away.

Follow Buzz Log on Twitter.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    APRIL FOOL'S !!!!!!!!

Think sharks are scary? They're downright cuddly compared to the Bathynomus giganteus, a very terrifying (and very real) sea creature that recently surfaced from the deep.

See Flickr photos of the creature. (Warning: May give you nightmares.)

So, what the heck is it? According to an article from Fox News, the Bathynomus giganteus (henceforth known as "Bart") is a type of giant isopod, "a large crustacean that dwells in deep Atlantic and Pacific waters." It passes the time by feeding on "dead whales, fish, and squid."

Ol' Bart attached itself to a submarine that was exploring the ocean floor. When the sub surfaced, people got an unexpected look at the slithery stowaway. The creature is a pinkish in color, two and a half feet long, and wouldn't be out of place in an Ed Wood movie (no offense, Bart).

The story was originally posted on Reddit by a guy who works for the submarine company. It quickly went viral from there. Once news of the creature's existence hit, Web searches immediately soared. Online lookups for "sea creature found," "giant isopod," and (our personal favorite) "terrifying sea creature" all roared.

It's worth noting that the existence of the Bathynomus giganteus isn't, in and of itself, a surprise. Scientists have long been aware of them. The shock came from seeing one up close in all its cockroach-like glory. Can't. Look. Away.

Follow Buzz Log on Twitter.

Man, they sucked you right in !!

For the record I'm going to post in a lot of threads today APRIL FOOL'S !!!!!!!!!!!!

My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers