HOW and WHY DID I NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS EV RD showbox

OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Wholly wholly wholly crap..........I won't say anymore....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q13GscgA ... re=related
Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you would have known if you followed Roger Daltry. It was his show.
  • OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    you would have known if you followed Roger Daltry. It was his show.

Yikes, I have to follow Roger Daltry to find out at a later date that there is a youtube video I want to see? Is that for anything with him, or anything in general??
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

• tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    For a second I thought this was about what supposedly happened yesterday.
  • Do you think that the Daltry video should have been posted here or something? It was a Roger Daltry show.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    As much as I love The Who, the Betterman video really shows how shot RD's voice is now. He really struggled with it and it's such a shame. The Real Me video is great though, you can really tell how much fun they're both having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0OluW52yB4&feature=related
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Do you think that the Daltry video should have been posted here or something? It was a Roger Daltry show.

Again, yikes.... I didn't realize that this show was different from the other EV surprise appearances. (I think someone made a mistake in their effort to update the boards and posted that Ed was with the Who yesterday in London...don't worry, I will go find and PM that news breaker-perpetrator that also broke section 5 article 3-URdMB.331 of "Post Only Pearl Jam Full Band News" clause of our tenclub handbook)

You really are up on your Daltry rules, so I don't doubt that it is the preeminent source to figure out which PJ related news is acceptable. It certainly isn't here at Pearl Jam's site.....but, kinda confused where I should go for that stuff?? If you could point me in.....never mind, I get it....follow Roger Daltry.......

goldrush wrote:
    As much as I love The Who, the Betterman video really shows how shot RD's voice is now. He really struggled with it and it's such a shame. The Real Me video is great though, you can really tell how much fun they're both having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0OluW52yB4&feature=related

I know this is opening me up to a beating from people that followed the Who growing up, but having heard all of PJ's covers of the Who before I ever even heard the Who do their own songs, it always has seemed that Roger had funny timing and that Ed kinda creamed him...and I like Roger's voice now on other songs...(one's Eddie probably couldn't touch)...YES, I have the PJ one's as MY lead examples, as I said, so I can hear part of the argument already....but, the funny timing throws me off and to relate it to what you were saying, his voice seems faded. I went to the Who Tribute back in 08 and kept wondering if it was because they hadn't played in a while.......I guess PJ just knows how to pick covers (most of the time) and Ed's respect to his pioneering heros shines through.....that and his voice is one in a trillion.....hope it lasts until he reaches Daltry's age and beyond>>>>>!!

Also, I kinda got the feeling that Roger was messing it up on purpose to say he needed help.....then, if you read the comments on youtube, someone at the show said they totally felt like Roger was doing exactly that....but who knows.....

• OffMeGoes wrote:
    Do you think that the Daltry video should have been posted here or something? It was a Roger Daltry show.

Again, yikes.... I didn't realize that this show was different from the other EV surprise appearances. (I think someone made a mistake in their effort to update the boards and posted that Ed was with the Who yesterday in London...don't worry, I will go find and PM that news breaker-perpetrator that also broke section 5 article 3-URdMB.331 of "Post Only Pearl Jam Full Band News" clause of our tenclub handbook)

You really are up on your Daltry rules, so I don't doubt that it is the preeminent source to figure out which PJ related news is acceptable. It certainly isn't here at Pearl Jam's site.....but, kinda confused where I should go for that stuff?? If you could point me in.....never mind, I get it....follow Roger Daltry.......

get a grip. Go back and read what I wrote and then PM me an apology for this shit.

edit-seriously... what exactly did I say to warrant a response like this?
    OffMeGoes wrote:

get a grip. Go back and read what I wrote and then PM me an apology for this shit.

Well, I am happy to report that I have completed 1/3 of your demands, however I apologize that the other 2/3s will not be taking place....and, so you know, I got a grip... However, I do accept your apology and thank you for reaching out as you just did....

• Do you think that the Daltry video should have been posted here or something? It was a Roger Daltry show.

Is it really that unreasonable to think perhaps a video of Eddie Vedder performing a song live might have been posted here, no matter who's show it is?
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • GB45499GB45499 Posts: 232

Is it really that unreasonable to think perhaps a video of Eddie Vedder performing a song live might have been posted here, no matter who's show it is?

+1.

I don't care if Jeff is making a surprise visit on Sesame Street...by god I want to know about it. And this is where I'll look to see if it happened.

:thumbup:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    I just hope to hell Ed's voice holds up better.....RD sung the shit out of his voice literally

Thank you..........

• SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    OffMeGoes wrote:

Yikes, I have to follow Roger Daltry to find out at a later date that there is a youtube video I want to see? Is that for anything with him, or anything in general??

He was being sarcastic.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    OffMeGoes wrote:

He was being sarcastic.

Wait, are you? I hope this is a deeply sarcastic response to his complete omission of anything resembling sarcasm......I do have to admit that I fear you actually think he was trying to be sarcastic, meaning that you have no idea what sarcasm is nor why the sharing nature of this thread went down faster than George Michael at a Russian Salad party. I guess I don't get american sarcasm, or else it may simply be differently defined in the DeVry English Dictionary than what I found in the seemingly outdated Oxford version... Now, if you had said he was trying really hard to be sarcastic but came nowhere close, and that he then followed it up with an even lamer comment that proved he actually wasn't attempting sarcasm originally (and therefore not again with the second comment), then I would have said I agree. At this point, all I know is that I still wonder why I didn't see anyone talk about Ed showing up as a surprise to the show and singing on three songs.....and don't be a kidder and hit me with one of these crazy sarcastic responses...my pea-brain is trying to catch up with all the intellect and I simply cannot sort through all the subtle but brilliant humor.......

• acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    OffMeGoes wrote:
    I simply cannot sort through all the subtle but brilliant humor.......

Dude ... sweeeet avatar! Now that's brilliant!

That suitcase has become the cargo container of Gibson's Spook Country for me...
    [sic] happens
    acutejam wrote:
    OffMeGoes wrote:
    I simply cannot sort through all the subtle but brilliant humor.......

Dude ... sweeeet avatar! Now that's brilliant!

That suitcase has become the cargo container of Gibson's Spook Country for me...

PM me your email address....I will send you some I took.... Planned the Ryman tour to coincide with tune up...was only person in the house (empty Ryman) while Eddie's brother sound checked the guitars (and the woman that goes Check check check check, Check check CHECK CHECK)...got to stand within feet of the entire solo stage setup, and had my Alpha 900, so I have some humdingers to share,.....

(PJ...if you are looking for a grade Ham and Eggs intern photographer that will work for free and move boxes after the shows, hit me up.....examples available on request)