New member needing information.

BMF2004BMF2004 Posts: 129
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Hello all. I just joined the Ten Club and have really enjoyed reading the posts and learning how the PJ concert process works. I will be attending my first concert on May 13th and was wondering a few things(since I missed the chance at Ten Club Seats) : does Pearl Jam hold back good tickets to re-drop closer to the event date or do they drop all their tickets to the general public on the initial date? Also, is there any other way to upgrade you seats once you get to the venue? Thanks in advance for my ignorance! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2010
    BMF2004 wrote:
    Hello all. I just joined the Ten Club and have really enjoyed reading the posts and learning how the PJ concert process works. I will be attending my first concert on May 13th and was wondering a few things(since I missed the chance at Ten Club Seats) : does Pearl Jam hold back good tickets to re-drop closer to the event date or do they drop all their tickets to the general public on the initial date? Also, is there any other way to upgrade you seats once you get to the venue? Thanks in advance for my ignorance! :)
    pearl jam doesn't hold back any seats besides what was alotted for the pre-sale on here. if you wanna get decent seats, check ticketmaster frequently. they do ticket dumps on there at random times. most of the time they will dump some seats right around the stage on the day before or day of the concert.

curious...whats your fanclub number?
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Usually some better seats get sold the day before or the day of the show. All 10C tix are sold but TM holds certain seats for drops right before the show. The only upgrade I'm aware of is the lottery for 10C tickets where every member who bought tix is eligable to sit in rows 1,2,9,and 10. Not sure about ticketmaster upgrades. Enjoy the show and welcome.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    the ten club will not drop tickets
    ticketmaster will, so keep an eye on them. sometimes some very good seats are released very late
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • BMF2004BMF2004 Posts: 129
    edited April 2010
    Thank you all for your help, and so quickly! I believe that my number is 455xxx......can't remember exactly. Anyways, thanks again!
    Post edited by BMF2004 on
    BMF2004 wrote:
    Thank you all for your help, and so quickly! I believe that my number is 455200......can't remember exactly. Anyways, thanks again!
    damn! we are up over 455k now! it makes my 351000 look less bad lol
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    BMF2004 wrote:

Hey there... hope you have a great first show!

Typically when people publicly post their fan club # they X-out the last 3 digits... i.e. 165xxx
    (might wanna edit that post)

I am not quite sure how much it matters if you post the whole thing, but I suppose most take the stance that it is better to be cautious.

Good luck nabbing great seats.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    gndcd402 wrote:
    BMF2004 wrote:
    Thank you all for your help, and so quickly! I believe that my number is 455200......can't remember exactly. Anyways, thanks again!
    I think they should give some sort of gift to #500000.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    gndcd402 wrote:
    BMF2004 wrote:
    I think they should give some sort of gift to #500000.
    perhaps a katana signed by randy jackson?
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, this movie never gets old to me. I just love it when Derek's wife and Dale are in the bathroom during the birthday party scene and he says "You're incredible!"
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, this movie never gets old to me. I just love it when Derek's wife and Dale are in the bathroom during the birthday party scene and he says "You're incredible!"
    hahaha i like when he says "ITS SO SLIPPERY!!!"
  • I wanna roll you up into a little ball and shove you up my vagina.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    wellcome here... :) its a great community.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Welcome!

and enjoy the show!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Welcome to the club and remember to keep complaint threads bumped to the 1st page on The Porch.
  • Welcome to the forum. The only advice I can give you at a concert is to stay away from any kind of drugs it really pisses off the band.
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.