Off He Goes Lyric...

OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Ok...I don't ever do this as I LOVE finding a lyric years years years after knowing I sang/thought was wrong, but there is one in Off He Goes that I laugh at because I don't know what it is......it's been to many years......so, I ask you...

IS THE LINE...

He's yet to come back, but I've seen his picture....oh, it doesn't look the SAME UP ON THE RACK?????????????

And, an fyi....I thought I heard a "new" lyric today in Betterman....She loved him, she don't want to LIVE THIS WAY.....

I ALWAYS sang (without any confidence) she loved him, oh, she don't want to LEAVE SHE'D SAY.....she needs him....
Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smanchacsmanchac Posts: 255
    same up on the rack, yes

you can do a quick google search for any lyrics...
    2000 10.14 10.15
    2003 4.1 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.8 4.9 4.11 4.13 6.9 6.10
    2004 10.8
    2008 6.14 6.17 6.22
    2009 9.21 9.22 9.25 10.4
    2010 5.18 5.20 5.21
    2012 7.4 7.5 7.7 7.9 7.10 9.30
    2013 7.19 10.21 10.22 10.25 12.4 12.6

35 Shows; 1040 Songs
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    As in a magazine rack.
  • Isn't it "she don't want to leave this way?"
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
  • OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    smanchac wrote:
    same up on the rack, yes

you can do a quick google search for any lyrics...

How do you do that??
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

rick1zoo2 wrote:

I have found many errors in the PJ lyric pages....well, several big ones...so I don't always refer to it....plus, like I said, I don't like to look at the lyrics very often, but this one has bugged me for a awhile......

I think the biggest error I found on the PJ page for songs was for In Hiding....but it has been several years.....I cannot remember what I ate for dinner last night, so this may all be pointless....

For an example, here's In Hiding on this site......

I knelt and emptied the mouth of every club around
    But nothing's sound, nothing's sound

I'd stay but my last tab left me
    Ignored all my rounds

Pretty certain it is "Mouth of Every Plug Around" "I stayed where my last step left me"

So, unless I miss the point of OFF HE GOES.....is it that Eddie sees himself as the guy that goes off and comes back, and that the picture he has of himself doesnt look like the one on the magazines??? I ALWAYS thought it was a rack or mantel........but, magazine makes great sense...

cmon, tell me you know every lyric and I will give you my extra 5th row seat side stage at MSG 5/21...

BTY.....I was joking about Google....

Isn't it "she don't want to leave this way?"

yikes........that works too...... like I said, I dont trust lyric sites, even PJ's, so I have no idea...that seems to make great sense too.....

I know everyone approaches this topic differently, so I apologize to purists or to originalists that think it is my job to decide what it means to me.....

I posted LONG ago (my former user name was tackalac, and I didnt join when it says I did..but when they switched sites, I got lost and had to start over) that I always heard the Black Lyric as

"So I take a walk outside, I am surrounded by some kids at play...so I....do I see her...."

Basically saying I have heard it sung both was...SEAR or see her....

For what it is worth...it makes more sense to me that he is taking a walk outside, trying to get over his dispair, hears some kids playing, is JUST about to smile....then there is the pause and the feeling of AH...FUCK...do I see her, and then HOW QUICK the SUN can fade....so, it seems to make more sense to me, though I am sure the Ten cover might prove me wrong...but, I will never sing Sear..........So I...Do I seeeee her........

Anyway, nobody liked my idea then, so I am fine with taking some flak for it.....