Hillary Clinton stirs the pot on Afghanistan, abortion and t

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/arti ... the-arctic

Harper should have told her to fuck off, and starting Friday we're pulling our troops out of Afghanistan. Fuck is she and Obama stupid, we're a country of 30 million people, we've been their from virtually the beginning and on the front lines. After 8 years your military takes a battering, do they not understand we want our soldiers home, we want no more soldiers going down the highway of heroes, our soldiers have done a great job and should be thanked. Get some of those other NATO countries more involved.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I hope this country fucking erupts if Harper waffles on his promise to withdraw. Having a timeframe is the only thing that has kept this country from boiling over on this war - there is no support for it. If we stay, in ANY role...it is absolutely, unequivocally, to appease the US. I hope the debate Clinton tried to stir backfires, emphasizing that lack of support.
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    A lot of countries are sick of it yeah, but once you get into a war fought through counterinsurgency rather than a tradtional conflict, it will become long, drawn out and uncertain.

The more other countries pull out, the more the rest have to pick up the slack, that's the only problem.
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    duggro wrote:
    A lot of countries are sick of it yeah, but once you get into a war fought through counterinsurgency rather than a tradtional conflict, it will become long, drawn out and uncertain.

The more other countries pull out, the more the rest have to pick up the slack, that's the only problem.

Our soldiers have done their job and did it well, now it's time for us to leave. This war has no direction and I highly doubt it will be won. The Taliban will be patient and just hide in the mountains, they can wait fot decades, they don't care. As far as picking up the slack thats America's problem.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I hope this country fucking erupts if Harper waffles on his promise to withdraw. Having a timeframe is the only thing that has kept this country from boiling over on this war - there is no support for it. If we stay, in ANY role...it is absolutely, unequivocally, to appease the US. I hope the debate Clinton tried to stir backfires, emphasizing that lack of support.

I think it's safe to assume the troops are coming home...I just don't like Clinton coming onto our soil telling us we should do this or that.

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    the pics of the us army walking through poppy fields, while being told to ignore them, tells me a lot about how fucked up this war is. it will never be won.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i don't see why anyone should have their backs up over this ...

1. they want in afghanistan longer: what's wrong with saying that? ...
    2. abortion: also, what is wrong with her comment here? ... the religious nuts in the reform party are trying to alter our stance on reproductive rights ...
    3. arctic nations: again - we organized a conference on arctic issues and didn't include 4 primary residents that live in the arctic ... that is wrong

i guess the truth hurts