FP Tech Desk: U.S. judge orders Canada's Isohunt to remove i

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blog ... ntent.aspx

Amazed at how a US court can order a Canadian Company operating in Canada what to do :? :?.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    You access non-Canadian pirated ips from the site. Doesn't seem too bizarre to me.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Rygar wrote:
    You access non-Canadian pirated ips from the site. Doesn't seem too bizarre to me.
    Why didn't they go to a Canadian Court.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Beats me.
    Rygar wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Beats me.

My guess is he hasn't violated Canadian Laws.

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    lukin2006 wrote:

From my knowledge he hasn't....sounds like the americans are tweaking their own law with this ruling, too. Nothing like makin shit up on the fly :roll:
    Plus...it's not like we haven't bent over for an american judge before...heard of Marc Emery? Omar Kahdr? I really wish our government would grow a spine one of these days.
    lukin2006 wrote:

From my knowledge he hasn't....sounds like the americans are tweaking their own law with this ruling, too. Nothing like makin shit up on the fly :roll:
    Plus...it's not like we haven't bent over for an american judge before...heard of Marc Emery? Omar Kahdr? I really wish our government would grow a spine one of these days.
    Your right, especially after the bullshit Clinton pulled in Ottawa this week.

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Your right, especially after the bullshit Clinton pulled in Ottawa this week.

how can you have a meeting of arctic nations and NOT include iceland, sweden, finland and natives? ... but i digress ...