A new Monsters of Folk

SomeySomey Posts: 121
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Love the orignal members espescially Jim James, saw them perform at the beacon. but I think it b pretty cool if Eddie Vedder, Jack Johnson, Chris Cornell and I'm thinking John frusciante , they did play together in Santa Barbara bowl in 2003. Maybe change the name but that would a excellent original sounding cd.
Somey

E.V. - United Palace Theater 08/05/2008
E.V. - Beacon Theater 1 & 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    This is similar to the Traveling Wilburys thread a while back. Give me Ed, Jim James, Jeff Tweedy and Jerry Cantrell.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Jack Johnson, really?
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,178
    I saw the MoF show here in Sweden. Not a fan of Bright Eyes etc, went for Jim James.

Would love to see Eddie Vedder, Trent Reznor, Jim James and and PJ Harvey!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    Somey wrote:
    Love the orignal members espescially Jim James, saw them perform at the beacon. but I think it b pretty cool if Eddie Vedder, Jack Johnson, Chris Cornell and I'm thinking John frusciante , they did play together in Santa Barbara bowl in 2003. Maybe change the name but that would a excellent original sounding cd.

that sounds awful, (as much as i love eddie and frusciante) and what the hell does that have to do with the monsters of folk?......didn't you take anything away from the monsters of folk show? i saw one and it was pure magic. the chemistry that those guys share on stage can not be duplicated. the fact that you think these artists thrown together would be capable of holding the name of "monsters of folk" is an insult to the real monsters of folk.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    Somey wrote:

that sounds awful, (as much as i love eddie and frusciante) and what the hell does that have to do with the monsters of folk?......didn't you take anything away from the monsters of folk show? i saw one and it was pure magic. the chemistry that those guys share on stage can not be duplicated. the fact that you think these artists thrown together would be capable of holding the name of "monsters of folk" is an insult to the real monsters of folk.

i realize you said change the name....maybe i was a little harsh....but i just don't see the point in mentioning monsters of folk here. it's like you're trying to make a comparison between a great proven supergroup, and 4 artists you pulled out of your ass that you could imagine putting on a good show. sorry.
  • I'd say Ed Ved, Josh Homme, Jim James, Chris Thorn(Blind Melon). Would be cool to see what they could come up with. Josh Homme doesn't fit in with this group really but he is a brilliant musican.
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1