my first ridiculous concert rumor thread

megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
edited April 2010 in The Porch
friend of mine's husband is part of the dave matthews band. she casually mentioned to me i should be excited because they're doing a show with pearl jam this summer..right around bonnaroo. but it's not bonnaroo.

i got a little antsy and demanded answers.

allegedly more details to come.

sorry had to say something.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Come on Chris, give us more!!!! :mrgreen:

Are you seeing Dave in July when they come to FL? I'm not really a fan, but my cousin in S. FL is and one of his WPB shows falls on his Bday, so I'm going to both shows - 7/30 and 7/31
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    LukinFan wrote:
    Come on Chris, give us more!!!! :mrgreen:

Are you seeing Dave in July when they come to FL? I'm not really a fan, but my cousin in S. FL is and one of his WPB shows falls on his Bday, so I'm going to both shows - 7/30 and 7/31

i'd like to go to the west palm show. tampa is awful unless you're in the first 40 rows. they just don't turn the volume up..and oversell the lawn :geek:
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    PJ will be across the pond, Dave will be here. How is this possible?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    well, I work with Tim Reynold's daughter in law and just shot her an email to see if she can confirm the rumor or not. When she has shared info in the past, she has been 100% correct.

I will let everyone know what I find out.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

Kevinman wrote:
    thats what i said...dunno
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I can't get excited for a split bill - it means less PJ
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    Kevinman wrote:
    Isn't 'Roo in between the MSG shows and the first Europe show?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    eh...I've seen DMB three times in Hartford (he loves playing CT for some reason, usually does a 2 or 3 show stint). In my opinion he's got nothing on PJ. There is no energy at those shows, just a lot of pot smoking and drunk people (which I'm fine with). But no one goes there to listen to the music, they just go to get fucked up. But who cares.

In reality this would be a difficult show to plan seeing that these two bands have probably the two biggest fan clubs in the world. Hard to coordinate who get tix. Also, you split the bill taking away from both Pearl Jam and DMB.

PJ has played with a few big acts like this...including Tom Petty and the Stones. I would rather just see them by themselves because when the play with big acts and split the bill they only play for like 90-115 min and its the best iof setlist.

I WANT JUST PJ ALONE!!!!!! UNLESS OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO PLAY WITH UNCLE NEIL
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
    haha. yea i want just pj playing too. i didn't say i was excited about this..or that i really believe it. i just felt like throwing it out they're. if i'm wrong this thread shall fade away..if correct i will forever be cool in my own head for posting something first 8-):lol:
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    if this is true, i'm sure your friend who shared this secret with you will be thrilled if they ever find out you posted it on the pearl jam message pit of all places. you know how people love to run with rumors around here.
    if this is true, i'm sure your friend who shared this secret with you will be thrilled if they ever find out you posted it on the pearl jam message pit of all places. you know how people love to run with rumors around here.

FRIENDSHIP BURN!!
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    jones wrote:
    friend of mine's husband is part of the dave matthews band. she casually mentioned to me i should be excited because they're doing a show with pearl jam this summer..right around bonnaroo. but it's not bonnaroo.

i got a little antsy and demanded answers.

allegedly more details to come.

sorry had to say something.

A festival I'm guessing?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Kevinman wrote:
    Isn't 'Roo in between the MSG shows and the first Europe show?
    the Fall is "After Roo" so maybe there will be a PJ/DMB Fall tour surrounding the 20th anny show
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    But no one goes there to listen to the music, they just go to get fucked up.

Not true, Grandma!!! :mrgreen:
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
    But no one goes there to listen to the music, they just go to get fucked up.

have you ever been on the lawn at a DMB concert at the meadows? or in the parking lot? hahaha
  • But no one goes there to listen to the music, they just go to get fucked up.

have you ever been on the lawn at a DMB concert at the meadows? or in the parking lot? hahaha

The lawn at any show is like that, not just DMB and some people will go to any show just to get F'd up. PJ at MSG will have plenty of people that are there just to get drunk and have a good time.

I've seen DMB over 30 times and I still go to see them every chance I get. Yes, they have had a few rough patches in the last 10 years, but since their last album, they have been playing with a lot of energy and they can still put on great shows.
  • jefsmith45 wrote:
    I've seen DMB over 30 times .

I'm sorry you wasted all that money.....
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • jefsmith45 wrote:

Not really a necessary comment... but again, thats just your opinion. There are plenty of people who go to these shows because they enjoy the music. Isn't that what its all about? But hey, if it makes you feel good to say its a waste and rip into a quality band, go for it.
  • jefsmith45 wrote:
    jefsmith45 wrote:

Not really a necessary comment... but again, thats just your opinion. There are plenty of people who go to these shows because they enjoy the music. Isn't that what its all about? But hey, if it makes you feel good to say its a waste and rip into a quality band, go for it.

Band is good quality I never said they werent. I like the drummer but hate Dave. He kinda ruins it for me.
  • MASMAS Posts: 630
    jefsmith45 wrote:
    jefsmith45 wrote:

Not really a necessary comment... but again, thats just your opinion. There are plenty of people who go to these shows because they enjoy the music. Isn't that what its all about? But hey, if it makes you feel good to say its a waste and rip into a quality band, go for it.[/quote

My girlfriend is a HUGE Dave fan....I just never understood why....I mean I respect the music, I just never "got it"....
    MAS wrote:
    My girlfriend is a HUGE Dave fan....I just never understood why....I mean I respect the music, I just never "got it"....

most people dont get my pearl jam obsession....but thats because they are ignorant to good music :lol:
  • "MAS wrote:

Me either, I'm sure it would be alright to see once but shit I couldnt go 30 times. I could only do that for PJ
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    If you're ever having problems falling asleep, go to a DMB concert.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
    Gmoney wrote:
    If you're ever having problems falling asleep, go to a DMB concert.
    i really like dave and tim. not the band so much. amazing drummer. but they're jams are very drawn out and repetitive. i like pj's jams a lot. they have build up. and vary. also they leave the originals songs tone i guess. like rearview mirror. like a lil song inbetween that build back to the original. pj man
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    According to Tim Reynolds, no such concert is on the schedule.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• eh...I've seen DMB three times in Hartford (he loves playing CT for some reason, usually does a 2 or 3 show stint). In my opinion he's got nothing on PJ. There is no energy at those shows, just a lot of pot smoking and drunk people (which I'm fine with). But no one goes there to listen to the music, they just go to get fucked up. But who cares.

In reality this would be a difficult show to plan seeing that these two bands have probably the two biggest fan clubs in the world. Hard to coordinate who get tix. Also, you split the bill taking away from both Pearl Jam and DMB.

PJ has played with a few big acts like this...including Tom Petty and the Stones. I would rather just see them by themselves because when the play with big acts and split the bill they only play for like 90-115 min and its the best iof setlist.

I WANT JUST PJ ALONE!!!!!! UNLESS OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO PLAY WITH UNCLE NEIL

I worked a DMB concert, when I did security at SPAC and I agree, I know he is popular, but I would not pay to see him/them. Now Uncle Neil(seen him 6x) is a real R&R show and a PJ & Neil would be epic to me! I contribute my poor hearing to Neil w/Crazy Horse at Houston Field House(Troy NY) 8th row center, but it was worth it probably 2nd best concert I every attended, second only PJ probably Philly 10/31.
    11/5/91: Troy NY "I Just Want to SCREAM... HELLO!"
    8/4/92:Saratoga NY 4/6/94:Mass 9/13/98:CT
    8/27/2000:Saratoga NY,10/04/2000:Montreal,Canada
    04/29/03:Albany, 5/12/06:Albany NY,10/31/09:Philly,5/15/10Hartford CT

• I smell bullshit........ I have a friend who fitted Eddie Vedder for a tuxedo 2 days ago and while measuring the inseam of his crotch Eddie Vedder said Pearl Jam would be playing in Chicago at Soldier Field with Creed in November Thanksgiving day 2010.
  • JM55546JM55546 Posts: 133
    also they leave the originals songs tone i guess. like rearview mirror.

The first time I heard RVM I thought, man this could use a 6 minute spacey jam in the middle to take the energy out of the song too. Then repeat it every time they play it, unlike that DMB who's so repetitive.

I get what you're saying but DMB's jams are no more repetitive than Pearl Jam's. I love Pearl Jam but their jams / solos are often very repetitive if you buy 100 bootlegs like a lot of us here! For a band that mixes it up and plays a 100+ songs on a tour, you can't ask everything out of them. Playing a new jam every time you play a song is not an easy thing to do.