I've been brainwashed by PJ and I like it...

damendamen Posts: 104
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I am sure that my objectivity went out the window years ago. Here's how it happened. Ten took a while to really hit me. Then it floored me. VS. was something different and once I learned the songs, it was incredible. Vitalogy and No Code had a bunch of songs that just took some multiple listens for me, but once realized - they were epic. So it has gone on and on like this for each album. Once you accept that they are artistic geniouses, then you just sit back and enjoy the WHOLE ride.

I like all Pearl Jam songs because I try to. I feel that there was a moment in the studio for each song they record that THEY THEMSELVES must have felt intensely to put it on the album. It's up to me to work my way into that moment.

I honestly feel that each album is equally awesome. They always have some kick-ass pissed off rockers and some beautiful and highly emotional slow songs. Throw in some different angles and experiments to add variety and you have a PJ album.

I enjoy trusting them to put out an awesome album to listen to and then to break down and listen to again and again. To me, this is all the essence of being a fan. --Too many here seem to be so demanding and short-sighted and selfish when it comes to expectations for the band's every move. "Their music sucks now and their tours suck now and the fan club sucks and Eddie looks different and Matt is not the right drummer!!!!!!!" Fuck all that!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    It is the way of society YO everyone thinks they deserve a piece of the pie. I bet some of our club members do not remember the days when it was one show and you mailed in your request with a check, a hope and a prayer. Now we get a shot at every venue, almost dead headish, for each tour. The ten club is doing a fantastic job!
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    A-fucking-men! I loved this thread. To me, there are only six bands/artists that prove to be artistically and musically fantastic and always great songs and albums: The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, and Jack White. To me, No Code is a work of art and one album in the 90s no one can ever make except Pearl Jam. Their music will be along those four greats. Pearl Jam and Jack White still have a lot of time to keep making great music.

I fucking love Pearl Jam! Now I should listen to No Code.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    I think Pearl Jam is a pretty cool guy. eh has kick-ass pissed off rockers, and doesnt afraid of anything.
  • Much Love. like a fine wine, this band just gets better with age. I hope they never fall out of love with making great music with each other and making so many of us fans happy in the process..

Your music is a part of my life. It changed me. Thanks guys:)

p.s. Matt Cameron - "he's a fucking stallion"
    No need to be void,... or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all.....

PJ
    Toronto 2003 · Boston I, 2004 · Kitchener 2005 · London 2005 · Hamilton 2005 · Toronto 2005 · Toronto I, 2006 · Toronto II, 2006 · Mansfield I, 2008 · Mansfield II, 2008 · Philadelphia III, 2009 · Philadelphia IV, 2009 · Cleveland 2010 · *Buffalo 2010* · PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY 2011 · Toronto I, 2011 · Toronto II, 2011 · Hamilton 2011 · London (ON) 2013 · Buffalo 2013 · Toronto I, 2016 · Toronto II, 2016 · Chicago I, 2018 · Chicago II, 2018

EV
    Montreal I, 2008 · Montreal II, 2008 · Albany 2009 · Philadelphia 2011 · Fort Lauderdale I, 2012 · Orlando I, 2012 · Orlando II, 2012
  • damendamen Posts: 104
    I was watching the Showbox DVD for the first time in ages and they play 5 Riot Act songs in a row (Save You, Ghost, Cropduster, I am Mine, Love Boat Captain) and I had yet another appreciation for the album and that time in their career. Just another PJ album, but another classic...

And the whole gist of this is that Backspacer rocks and they never disappoint me. See you all in Kansas City!!
  • tuktuktuktuk Posts: 84
    Wash my brain.... wash my brain. Great post. I listend to Vs. Backspacer and Aug. 21/09 today and they were all amazing. Let's go to Cleveland and Buffalo! Why now you don't bitching indeed.