Options

LATG Dvd Easter Egg

aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I have a new dvd player and the way I use to open the Easter Egg isn't working
any ideas?
I use to be able to go to Black then press the |>> button and it would open and
also I would go to setlist and hit the |>> I'm sure this is how I use to open it

I did try and search but I couldn't find the page I know I have seen it here b4 sorry for
starting a new thread for this :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    I have the same problem, and my DVD player is probably 8 years old...that Easter Egg doesn't work for me. We're talking about the "Hunger Strike" extra, right??
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • Options
    jwagner wrote:
    I have the same problem, and my DVD player is probably 8 years old...that Easter Egg doesn't work for me. We're talking about the "Hunger Strike" extra, right??

Yep the Hunger strike clip........... it always worked on my 2 old dvd players.... :|
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    aus_suz wrote:
    any ideas?
    also I would go to setlist and hit the |>> I'm sure this is how I use to open it

I did try and search but I couldn't find the page I know I have seen it here b4 sorry for

When on Black, you needed to hit the next button twice, not once.

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2005/03/are ... -jam-dvds/

DVD Players

Please keep in mind that there are way too many DVD players in production today, so this may take a little experimenting:

* Load Disk I and go to the “Set List” menu. Navigate down to “Black” and hit the “next” button on your remote twice. This should start playing “Hunger Strike”.
    * If that doesn’t work, this method should definitely work, it’s just less fun: load Disk I and find the “Title” or “Title Search” button on your remote. The Easter Egg is “Title 02, Chapter 1″ on the DVD. Selecting this should just start playing the track.
    * Apparently the above method even works on a Video Game consoles like Sony Playstation
  • Options
    jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    yep, definitely hitting it twice, quick (as per the instructions I got)...will check out your suggestions and hope for the best. Thanks!
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • Options
    SSS81SSS81 Posts: 166
    I never knew about this easter egg...now I do...I wish I still didn't know about it...boo. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
  • Options
    SSS81 wrote:
    I never knew about this easter egg...now I do...I wish I still didn't know about it...boo. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

:lol::lol::lol:
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • Options
    xsmytxxsmytx Posts: 162
    If you don't get to it don't worry..I think Ed sings it with the girl from Sleater Kinny and she ruins it for me..The band is as always killin it but she just doesn't do it for me during the verse.Not so bad towards the end. But it's just my opinion!
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    oh my..how did i not know this was here!

happy happy joy joy
    happy happy joy
    happy happy joy joy joy!
  • Options
    *ears start to bleed*

what does she have against singing in tune??? oh my god.... this is horrific!!
  • Options
    doesn't sound as bad in the chorus... but i do wish she wouldn't try to harmonise...

at least 'cready rawks his sawks
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    doompony wrote:
    doesn't sound as bad in the chorus... but i do wish she wouldn't try to harmonise...

at least 'cready rawks his sawks

Its terrible enough listening her on the bootleg..
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    oh my..how did i not know this was here!

happy happy joy joy
    happy happy joy
    happy happy joy joy joy!

It was pretty exciting when the Dvd first came out looking for the egg.......
    Even if Corrine is Crap its cool listening to Ed talk :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    any ideas?

When on Black, you needed to hit the next button twice, not once.

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2005/03/are ... -jam-dvds/

DVD Players

Please keep in mind that there are way too many DVD players in production today, so this may take a little experimenting:

* Load Disk I and go to the “Set List” menu. Navigate down to “Black” and hit the “next” button on your remote twice. This should start playing “Hunger Strike”.
    * If that doesn’t work, this method should definitely work, it’s just less fun: load Disk I and find the “Title” or “Title Search” button on your remote. The Easter Egg is “Title 02, Chapter 1″ on the DVD. Selecting this should just start playing the track.
    * Apparently the above method even works on a Video Game consoles like Sony Playstation

I don't have a title search button
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Trying using your computer to play it and it might be easier to get to the root menu and see the track.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvVX9UND8SM&NR=1

that would have been a better duet... *sigh*
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    xsmytx wrote:
    If you don't get to it don't worry..I think Ed sings it with the girl from Sleater Kinny and she ruins it for me..The band is as always killin it but she just doesn't do it for me during the verse.Not so bad towards the end. But it's just my opinion!

yea, she's not too good...ruined rockin' in the free world from mansfield 03
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself