How often do you clean house?

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I try to do it once a week to at least a few times a month. My roommate hasn't cleaned a thing since we moved in 6 months ago. I clean everything but his room. His room has become a dirt pit. It's my biggest pet peeve.

And then he has the nerve to express guilt when I'm cleaning, telling me I don't have to do all the work.. It's either I do all the work or live in a dirt hole.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I clean the bathrooms and kitchen daily...vacuum a few times a week and whole house clean once a week. 6 months would make me gag!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    i usually clean on the fly, do the general stuff every 2 or 3 days and concentrate on a specific area and move on till i find another area that needs cleaning
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • i live with 5 other people, myself and 2 others can be counted on to clean the general areas, usually once a week, more if we have people over (were in college). I try to keep my room generally clean through the week, then do a major clean (dusting, vacuuming, etc.) usually every thurs. in preparation for the weekend. I never understand my roommates who never clean their rooms, but i guess they are the ones who rarely go out/have people over, so i guess they just dont really care since theyre the only ones who see their rooms. whatever floats your boat i guess
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    I'm a neat freak, like Seinfeld. Things have to be organized & well placed in the house. After I come home from work I always tidy up around the house. It's a bad habit of mine. :oops:
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I've gotten a little lax since I'm living alone now. Bathrooms and kitchen get a GOOD cleaning weekly, sheets changed weekly (unless I'm sick, then I try to change them every night)... vacuum 3 times a week instead of everyday like I did while married (I suppose he made more crumbs :P). Dusting, I'm sad to say, doesn't happen as often as I'd like. Though everything got done today... as well as rearranging furniture :D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    I live alone so my house doesn't get very messy/dirty quickly...I clean the bathroom every other week...kitchen counters are cleaned/wiped down just about every day....but as far as everything else, dusting, vacuuming, I just clean when I feel like it or feel like it needs it...so not much compared to rest of you :oops:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    at least once per week

cant have a dirty bathroom
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Being a single fella who had wednesday afternoons off, I used to be fairly consistent with doing the whole thing that afternoon every week. Now...it is far less frequent that straighten up to that extent but I do still try to get some cleaning done on Wednesday.
    I've learned a trick though....my best friend, who is somewhat of a neat freak and spends a major amount of time at my house, will usually get pissed at me and just start cleaning herself if it gets too messy for her.
    I'm not a total slob by any means, but she is a bit over the top and I do join in when she gets started...I just take the less laborious jobs when it comes to it
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Once per week we do the entire house - vacuum sweep all floors and furniture, scrub entire kitchen and bathrooms and dust the entire house.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    peacegirl wrote:
    I live alone so my house doesn't get very messy/dirty quickly...I clean the bathroom every other week...kitchen counters are cleaned/wiped down just about every day....but as far as everything else, dusting, vacuuming, I just clean when I feel like it or feel like it needs it...so not much compared to rest of you :oops:

i don't live alone...have a husband and 2 dogs, but really....house doesn't get 'dirty' too quickly either.

i too am an uber neat freak/organized person, so our house never looks messy. ever. it is always neat, neat, neat. this does help with the clean factor as well. tho does nothing for dog hair tumbleweeds.... :mrgreen:

that said, i have to say i am amazed at how many say they clean daily, few times a week?! :wtf: who the hell has time for that? or honestly, desire? :lol:

i try to get around to a full house cleaning once a week, but honestly, it doesn't always happen. counters/table get wiped down daily, bathroom gets at least a mini wipe-down clean once a week, but yea...i'm more of an every other week cleaner and when the weather is really nice, who wants to be indoors cleaning...so yea....i can slack. don't go more than a month without a thorough cleaning.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    never

the gf however is pretty fantastic. she has her routine and it works out pretty nice. :mrgreen:

i take care of the yard, snow, cars, and other "man" stuff around the house. so it works out ok.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    81 wrote:
    never

the gf however is pretty fantastic. she has her routine and it works out pretty nice. :mrgreen:

i take care of the yard, snow, cars, and other "man" stuff around the house. so it works out ok.

in the summer, i probably work in my garden more than i ever touch a vacuum indoors. :lol:
    hell, spend most of time out there anyway, may thru september.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow