Being Pearl Jam

PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
edited March 2010 in The Porch
My editorial on Pearl Jam.

They have arrived at a place in their career that allows them to decide where and when to tour or not to tour at all. They can pretty much freelance individually and are welcomed to play with whoever they want. They can significantly raise the profile of any charitable organization they are involved with. They can make records whenever they decide to. They are one of the most respected bands in the history of rock music. They are responsible and thoughtful in the causes they support and promote. Their political positions are accurate and usually ahead of the curve. They can inspire their fans to organize and contribute to society in positive ways.

There are not many bands that can say this. Sometimes I just step back and admire them for what they have become and am left in awe. Long Live Pearl Jam!
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MB50486MB50486 Posts: 243
    Well said...now if people can stop ragging on them for not doing this or selling out or raising ticket prices. They're rock royalty enjoy them while we have them
  • Well said on all points. Also, I am tired of people complaining about this and that. This band has given us and the world so much!! In regards to people talking about selling out.. I think if Ed or any other band members wanted to sell their shoelaces for example I'm cool with that. Why not reap the rewards of their hardwork and inspirational songs that have left and continue to leave a tremendous impact on so many people's lives!! Thank you PJ!
    On a seperate note:I was also at Philly nights 3 and 4.There is No room left in my signature. Anyone have an answer to how I can fix this?
    EV Solo NY 8/4,5/08
    MSG 6/24,25/08
    Gorge 7/22,23/06
    NJ 6/1/06
    Hartford 5/13/06
    Borgata 10/1/05
    MSG 7/8,9/03
    Uniondale,NY 4/30/03
    Boston 8/30/00
    Jones Beach,NY 8/23,24,25/00
    W.Palm Beach 8/9/00
    MSG 9/10,11/98
    Randalls Island,NY 9/29/96
  • whatever, TOUR THE SOUTH YOU PUSSIES!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Very nice. I feel the same way about them; when you step back and look at everything they've done and accomplished during all these years, you can't help but be awestruck sometimes.
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10