Canadian Tour dates?

GizzoGizzo Posts: 53
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Just wondering if there is any news on a Canadian tour. Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nope. and I would bet my house there won't be.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • the boys usually have something special reserved for Canada, so I say "au contraire mon ami", they will definitely be here again soon. And when they are it'll be awesome. it's actually even more awesome to see PJ in Canada than anywhere else the known universe. this has been scientifically proven.
    Molson Park - Aug 05, 1992 (Lolla)
    Air Canada Centre - Sep 19, 2005 (Canada Tour)
    Air Canada Centre - May 09, 2006
    Molson Amphitheatre - Aug 21, 2009
    Air Canada Centre - Sept 11, 2011
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    the boys usually have something special reserved for Canada, so I say "au contraire mon ami", they will definitely be here again soon. And when they are it'll be awesome. it's actually even more awesome to see PJ in Canada than anywhere else the known universe. this has been scientifically proven.

I love the way you think! 8-)
  • the boys usually have something special reserved for Canada, so I say "au contraire mon ami", they will definitely be here again soon. And when they are it'll be awesome. it's actually even more awesome to see PJ in Canada than anywhere else the known universe. this has been scientifically proven.

Great first post. The boys will be back in Canada soon enough and it will most certainly kick ass! :D
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    i hope you guys get a tour,, :mrgreen:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Canada '05 was probabaly the best overall tour PJ has ever had. The primary reason for this was the abundance of In My Tree performances 8-)
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Canada '05 was probabaly the best overall tour PJ has ever had. The primary reason for this was the abundance of In My Tree performances 8-)

And they they hit most of the cities from the west to the east.

Otherwise its usually Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal. (allthough calgary did get a show last year).

first Canada tour was in 93, 2nd in 05, so 2017 for the next one?
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    the boys usually have something special reserved for Canada, so I say "au contraire mon ami", they will definitely be here again soon. And when they are it'll be awesome. it's actually even more awesome to see PJ in Canada than anywhere else the known universe. this has been scientifically proven.
    USUALLY have something special reserved for Canada? I wouldn't call 2005 "usually" ...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    why do people start threads like this?

there's a news section and a tour section on the main site... if it's not in there then it's not official

i guess there's always rumors... but really this should be a two post thread

post 1 - question

post 2 - answer - no

:)
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    USUALLY have something special reserved for Canada? I wouldn't call 2005 "usually" ...

exactly. when someone asks "Canada", I assume they don't just mean Toronto. They won't do another cross-Canada tour. I highly doubt they will, at least. Which sucks, cause I'm smack dab in the middle of North America (Winnipeg), so I really wish they would.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • GizzoGizzo Posts: 53
    why do people start threads like this?

there's a news section and a tour section on the main site... if it's not in there then it's not official

post 1 - question

post 2 - answer - no

Sorry Mr. Curmudgeon.

Anyways, 2005 was awesome. I live in Waterloo so when they came to Kitchener, it was unworldly.

I'll never forget opening that email and seeing Kitchener and London on the list. Un ... believable. I woke my wife up and lost it. We went together and it was our wedding anniversary ... 9/11. I have the poster framed beside our bed ... haha!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    BeerBaron wrote:

exactly. when someone asks "Canada", I assume they don't just mean Toronto. They won't do another cross-Canada tour. I highly doubt they will, at least. Which sucks, cause I'm smack dab in the middle of North America (Winnipeg), so I really wish they would.

Sad thing is, giant entertainment agents only know Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal. I don't care what anybody say's but Halifax should be up there on the map, as Vancouver is to the West Coast, so is Halifax on the East Coast in business, entertainment & resources. Huge rock bands should not just fly over the Maritime provinces. Stop by & see for yourselves what your record agents have been taken away from you, cause you are missing out.

"Halifax is closer to Northern Europe than any other major North American port, several carriers use it as the first inbound port or last outbound port in North America. With good rail and truck connections, Halifax is a gateway for New England and the Midwest, as well as for Eastern Canada!" http://www.portofhalifax.ca/ "
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    demetrios wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

Sad thing is, giant entertainment agents only know Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal. I don't care what anybody say's but Halifax should be up there on the map, as Vancouver is to the West Coast, so is Halifax on the East Coast in business, entertainment & resources. Huge rock bands should not just fly over the Maritime provinces. Stop by & see for yourselves what your record agents have been taken away from you, cause you are missing out.

"Halifax is closer to Northern Europe than any other major North American port, several carriers use it as the first inbound port or last outbound port in North America. With good rail and truck connections, Halifax is a gateway for New England and the Midwest, as well as for Eastern Canada!" http://www.portofhalifax.ca/ "
    Try living in Alberta man...we have the fourth and fifth largest cities in the country, and have actual arenas to play in...we still get shit - Edmonton in particular...we're basically a dead end...you come here, you turn around and go back the way you came (unless you're runnin back to Saskatoon)...not holding my breath to see PJ here again - EVER :(
    I guess they played Calgary last year, and aside from the White Stripes, 05 was pretty much unprecedented....so I can't bitch too much...
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    Being right in between TO and Montreal, Ottawa hardly ever gets love from major bands . . . . and we're the capital! You'd figure bands would want to hit the capital :)
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 756
    seems like they only hit Toronto and Vancouver these days. Montreal hasn't seen a shown since before Avocado came out :(
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 9/7/24, 9/9/24, 9/12/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24
  • I guess that's what makes a road trip to see Pearl Jam so special. But yeah man, if you live out there in Winnipeg I feel your pain brother. That makes for a long road trip (and $$$). Although I'm jealous because Winnipeg has more awesome skateparks per capita than anywhere in the known universe. also scientifically proven. by counting, sort of. there's even a website :www.winnipegskateparks.com. i know that's not pearl jam related, but i guess there are dudes that are concerned about what and where posts are on this site. However, Jeff Ament would most certainly approve of any skater talk amongst C.A.N.A.D.I.A.N.S on this site at any freakin time we wish, son. cheers. :lol: all in good fun.
    Molson Park - Aug 05, 1992 (Lolla)
    Air Canada Centre - Sep 19, 2005 (Canada Tour)
    Air Canada Centre - May 09, 2006
    Molson Amphitheatre - Aug 21, 2009
    Air Canada Centre - Sept 11, 2011
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    I guess that's what makes a road trip to see Pearl Jam so special. But yeah man, if you live out there in Winnipeg I feel your pain brother. That makes for a long road trip (and $$$). Although I'm jealous because Winnipeg has more awesome skateparks per capita than anywhere in the known universe. also scientifically proven. by counting, sort of. there's even a website :www.winnipegskateparks.com. i know that's not pearl jam related, but i guess there are dudes that are concerned about what and where posts are on this site. However, Jeff Ament would most certainly approve of any skater talk amongst C.A.N.A.D.I.A.N.S on this site at any freakin time we wish, son. cheers. :lol: all in good fun.

Which shows would be closest for someone from Winnipeg? Something in Minnesota maybe (minneapolis).

I'm Edmonton.. and I think for me Missoula (which they tend to play every so often) is about a 8-9 hour drive. Vancouver is about 11-12.

totally fluked out when they played calgary last summer, but those are the driving distances i'm always thinking of. Kinda wondering where Winnipeg people gear towards.
  • Zod wrote:
    I guess that's what makes a road trip to see Pearl Jam so special. But yeah man, if you live out there in Winnipeg I feel your pain brother. That makes for a long road trip (and $$$). Although I'm jealous because Winnipeg has more awesome skateparks per capita than anywhere in the known universe. also scientifically proven. by counting, sort of. there's even a website :www.winnipegskateparks.com. i know that's not pearl jam related, but i guess there are dudes that are concerned about what and where posts are on this site. However, Jeff Ament would most certainly approve of any skater talk amongst C.A.N.A.D.I.A.N.S on this site at any freakin time we wish, son. cheers. :lol: all in good fun.

Which shows would be closest for someone from Winnipeg? Something in Minnesota maybe (minneapolis).

I'm Edmonton.. and I think for me Missoula (which they tend to play every so often) is about a 8-9 hour drive. Vancouver is about 11-12.

totally fluked out when they played calgary last summer, but those are the driving distances i'm always thinking of. Kinda wondering where Winnipeg people gear towards.

we winnipeggers generally don't go anywhere, as it's a fucking 13 hour drive in every direction to get anywhere useful for a show that doesn't come here. I lucked out in 2003, as they played Fargo for the first time ever. Not a far drive. Thank goodness for JA (who Eddie said at the show they were only playing there because Jeff made them!).

Yeah, Minneapolis is not a long drive, but depending on the exchange, it can get pricey for us Canucks. :)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • why do people start threads like this?

post 1 - question

post 2 - answer - no

That's why we need the Rumour Pit back
  • barbiesbarbies Posts: 14
    Praying for something not too far from Winnipeg.... please!!!
  • Why_GoWhy_Go Posts: 87
    Wow, I'm enjoying all of the love towards Winnipeg in this thread. I also live here in Wpg and have seen PJ 5 times, only once in Canada.
    my eyes peeled both wide open, and i got a glimpse
    of my innocence... got back my inner sense...