NO COFFEE, NO CHOCOLATE!!!!

TravisTheSkyTravisTheSky Posts: 615
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
How the hell do I cope?

Coffee and chocolate are the tastes that make me happy. I often run out of one or the other for a couple of days at a time.... But not both. There has been no chocolate in the house for three days. A tiny bit of coffee grounds are left in the grinder- enough for one last, lingering mug. *Sigh* It might be two weeks before I can splurge on such luxuries. I've got plenty of grains to keep me healthy, I just don't have anything that holds a candle to COFFEE or CHOCOLATE.

After selling my neighbour's recyclables at the refund place on Sunday, I spent $2 on beans and pasta at Trader Joe's. I seriously considered asking some of the many rich customers there if they would buy me a container of coffee. I decided that would have been way too obnoxious, even for me.
On my way out of the store, two teenagers were angrily begging for money for their 'college fund.' One accosted me: "MAM! Can I ask you a question? MAM!! MAM!!!!!!!" They obviously had no idea how to panhandle.

Rather than get right on the bus, I detoured for nearly an hour. I walked around the nearby streets pulling CRV bottles out of trash cans. I found about 85 cents worth! As Judge Judy always yells, "You can collect cans!"
"May you live in interesting times."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    How the hell do I cope?
    Regarding coffee and chocolate - If you figure that out you could probably earn millions selling a book.

How to cope without coffee or chocolate is probably the biggest question after What is the Meaning of Life, or Why am I Here. Good luck! Oi!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Coffee I could live with out, chocolate ..... the thought of not having chocolate scares me (not even the eating of it but not having it available to eat if I wanted to) :oops:
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    How the hell do I cope?
    Regarding coffee and chocolate - If you figure that out you could probably earn millions selling a book.

How to cope without coffee or chocolate is probably the biggest question after What is the Meaning of Life, or Why am I Here. Good luck! Oi!

agreed!
    ouch - i feel your pain!

i don't *need* either every single day....but life is just better with one, the other...or both ;) regularly. if it were coffee, tea and chocolate....now it would be serious trouble. hell, even wine i find i truly want it at least once a week.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i was going to say carob and soy coffee....but since it seems that you are broke...nevermind :(
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i enjoy both coffee and chocolate
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    I could live without chocolate.

But Peanut Butter? Don't fuck with me...
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    FirstExit wrote:

I like the stuff that's just peanuts and salt...gotta mix the shit out of it...none of that Skippy crap...
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    FirstExit wrote:

Words to live by...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time at the moment! I have been in the same boat, living on instant noodles. We all take for granted those small luxuries in life. Now days I would take coffee through an intravenous drip if I could but at the end of the day it is a luxury.

Kia kaha! (be strong) hope things start to ease for you soon!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    aw man sorry to hear that! i'd be so sad if i had no coffee or chocolate.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    with out coffee I'd die.... I truly believe it is the fuel that keeps me functioning.

now cheese on the other hand....
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    If you're not a student...is the internet a luxury?

I went without chocolate and caffeine for a diet. I could never got without either one before but, i put my mind to it and low and behold! i lived. I have them once in a while now but not like before. Maybe this is what you need to kick some sort of addiction to them so they're a luxury instead of a necessity.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    FirstExit wrote:

I like the stuff that's just peanuts and salt...gotta mix the shit out of it...none of that Skippy crap...

When I first started doing a cut diet for bodybuilding, I was told ONLY to use that stuff. It's called Natural Peanut Butter. Once you go Natural, you never go back. Skippy/Jif taste like ass to me now.

If you go to Whole Foods you can make your own Peanut Butter. It's EPIC.
  • Lizardjam wrote:
    Maybe this is what you need to kick some sort of addiction to them so they're a luxury instead of a necessity.

Internet: I work on my computer, I make money off of it.
    It's also my only utility bill: I do not have tv service or a mobile phone, etc. So the computer is my tv, my internet, and my telephone.

Addiction: I don't show any classic signs of addiction. Chocolate has been my favourite food since toddlerhood. Coffee tied with chocolate for the top spot when I was about 19. I only have two mugs of coffee each morning. Being allergic to soy, most chocolate products are off limits. I usually take a handful of (soy-free) chocolate chips and add them into something else- like puffed brown rice cereal and nuts to make a granola mixture for dessert.

I react to all fruits, most greens, and most spices. Chocolate and coffee are my salvation from absolute blandness!
    "May you live in interesting times."
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Maybe this is what you need to kick some sort of addiction to them so they're a luxury instead of a necessity.

Internet: I work on my computer, I make money off of it.
    It's also my only utility bill: I do not have tv service or a mobile phone, etc. So the computer is my tv, my internet, and my telephone.

Addiction: I don't show any classic signs of addiction. Chocolate has been my favourite food since toddlerhood. Coffee tied with chocolate for the top spot when I was about 19. I only have two mugs of coffee each morning. Being allergic to soy, most chocolate products are off limits. I usually take a handful of (soy-free) chocolate chips and add them into something else- like puffed brown rice cereal and nuts to make a granola mixture for dessert.

I react to all fruits, most greens, and most spices. Chocolate and coffee are my salvation from absolute blandness!

Well you are the exclusion to the norm, eh? I can't imagine not having internet but, some do so I was curious.

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    Kick the coffee addiction now... this is your chance. Do NOT end up like Dave Grohl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdCslFcKFU

"FRESH POTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    so a friend of mine went to Hershey PA a few weeks ago... I told him that while there, he is to buy a bag of chocolate coffee and I shall reimburse him... its pretty awesome coffee~
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I love both coffee and chocolate, but I couldn't live without coffee... :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Well you are the exclusion to the norm, eh? I can't imagine not having internet but, some do so I was curious.

I don't have the internet at home anymore as the broadband in these part is shit and expensive :x , hence why half my work day is spent on here :?
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    I can't imagine not having the internet at home. I use it for work at home too. I am in need of chocolate right now!

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i hope the easter bunny brings you some chocolate travis.
    life is just so much better with chocolate. especially really dark chocolate. good, really dark chocolate.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    How the hell do I cope?

Coffee and chocolate are the tastes that make me happy. I often run out of one or the other for a couple of days at a time.... But not both. There has been no chocolate in the house for three days. A tiny bit of coffee grounds are left in the grinder- enough for one last, lingering mug. *Sigh* It might be two weeks before I can splurge on such luxuries. I've got plenty of grains to keep me healthy, I just don't have anything that holds a candle to COFFEE or CHOCOLATE.

After selling my neighbour's recyclables at the refund place on Sunday, I spent $2 on beans and pasta at Trader Joe's. I seriously considered asking some of the many rich customers there if they would buy me a container of coffee. I decided that would have been way too obnoxious, even for me.
    On my way out of the store, two teenagers were angrily begging for money for their 'college fund.' One accosted me: "MAM! Can I ask you a question? MAM!! MAM!!!!!!!" They obviously had no idea how to panhandle.

Rather than get right on the bus, I detoured for nearly an hour. I walked around the nearby streets pulling CRV bottles out of trash cans. I found about 85 cents worth! As Judge Judy always yells, "You can collect cans!"

:lol: too funny. hang in there.
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    i hope the easter bunny brings you some chocolate travis.
    life is just so much better with chocolate. especially really dark chocolate. good, really dark chocolate.

dark chocolate is one of the mufa foods in the flat belly diet. it has healing properties. just thought I'd share. carry on.
  • Claireack wrote:
    Coffee I could live with out, chocolate ..... the thought of not having chocolate scares me (not even the eating of it but not having it available to eat if I wanted to) :oops:

Without coffee?

You just haven't had the right brew yet.

Jura Capresso makes a kick ass home coffee center. High pressure brewed coffee gives it a taste that is unequalled. Coffee press can't even make and this method will make you HATE drip brewed coffee.

Find an upscale kitchen store and sample some.

My machine brings a smile to my face every AM.