Someone deleted all of my Pearl Jam

Glorified2030Glorified2030 Posts: 138
edited May 2010 in The Porch
One of the five people i live with decided it would be funny to delete ALL of my Pearl Jam off of my DVR. This includes Storytellers, Ten Revisited, SNL from 2006 and 2010, Conan performance, Austin City Limits, and The Who Rock Honors. I am so pissed!!! When i find out who is responsible, they are getting a whipping!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Oh shit, that is not cool. Looks like y'all need to have a house meeting!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    My husband did that to me once. We had Dish and somehow you could protect stuff. Well one day he managed to delete all the protected stuff :evil:
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    Dude I would just go friggin nuts and delete the entire DVR
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • TwixmanTwixman Posts: 20
    I have some of those converted over to iTunes if I can figure out a place to upload them to for free I can share them.
    11-07-95 San Diego, 07-10-98 San Diego, 10-25-00 San Diego, 10-31-00 Mountain View, 06-05-03 San Diego, 06-06-03 Las Vegas, 07-06-06 Las Vegas, 07-07-06 San Diego, 12-02-06 Honolulu, 04-15-08 San Diego (Ed solo), 06-12-08 Tampa, 07-12-08 Los Angeles (Vh1 Rock Honors: The Who), 08-23-09 Chicago, 10-09-09 San Diego, 10-31-09 Philadelphia, 04-17-10 Boston, 6-22-10 Dublin, 6-23-10 Belfast, 10-23-10 Mountain View (Bridge School), 10-24-10 Mountain View (Bridge School)
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    airblue1 wrote:
    Dude I would just go friggin nuts and delete the entire DVR

Ha!

Yeah... "deleting the entire DVR" would consist of me throwing it out onto the busy street...
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    One of the five people i live with decided it would be funny to delete ALL of my Pearl Jam off of my DVR. This includes Storytellers, Ten Revisited, SNL from 2006 and 2010, Conan performance, Austin City Limits, and The Who Rock Honors. I am so pissed!!! When i find out who is responsible, they are getting a whipping!

That's 'Blasphemy'!!!
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    bang out of order :evil: :evil:
    when you find the person responsible i think they should find a way to replace it
    or DIE :twisted: :twisted:
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Could be worse, you could loose 700 + shows at the very least..
  • Ivn1322Ivn1322 Posts: 68
    My DVR went crazy last week and it ereased PJ's ACL fesitival performance. I was so pissed off, I was at the front for that performance so it's great to look back and see it form the different camera views. Now I can't find it anywhere. I'm hoping VH1 shows a rerun soon. I have some of those performances you mentioned, let me know, I'll try to help out any way I can. :)
  • what's "Ten Revisited"?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Ivn1322 wrote:
    My DVR went crazy last week and it ereased PJ's ACL fesitival performance. I was so pissed off, I was at the front for that performance so it's great to look back and see it form the different camera views. Now I can't find it anywhere. I'm hoping VH1 shows a rerun soon. I have some of those performances you mentioned, let me know, I'll try to help out any way I can. :)

Can easily get that back.. could do a b+p for you.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,909
    what's "Ten Revisited"?
    Little VH1 Documentary on the remix ......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • im just hoping acl is reaired, becuase i already have some of the others scheduled to re-record
    If anyone wants ACL or any other show then let me know and we can sort something out..
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    im just hoping acl is reaired, becuase i already have some of the others scheduled to re-record

Offer to get them all a beer one night, when everyone is together.

Then after they've taken a sip, tell them you've found out who erased the DVR. And that you've pee'd in that person's beer. The first person to look at their beer with horror is your culprit.

8-)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • DedvwDedvw Posts: 246
    When you find out, wipe your ass with their cell phone. Not to the point where they see shit on it, just enough so it will feel good to see the mic up to their mouth.

I kid I kid.
  • Early April Fool's joke?
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Thanks for letting us know
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157

Whoever done that should be kicked out of the flat!!!!! :x :lol::lol:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    no good..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    yea that almost happened to me once....except i caught the person in the middle of deleting all of the tivo'd shows and stopped them immedeatly
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    im just hoping acl is reaired, becuase i already have some of the others scheduled to re-record

Offer to get them all a beer one night, when everyone is together.

Then after they've taken a sip, tell them you've found out who erased the DVR. And that you've pee'd in that person's beer. The first person to look at their beer with horror is your culprit.

8-)

Genius. :lol::lol::lol:
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • all very great ideas!! love the one with the beer, but i have a very good idea who it is, because i brought it up the other night, and one of my friends was laughing, so its most likely him.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    all PJ erased? thats like a very bad dream
  • pandora wrote:
    but its reality, this sucks
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:
    but its reality, this sucks
    I would cry and then want revenge that is just an awful thing to do to a fan
    I would hope they didn't realize how much that was going to mess with you.
    there is a way to lock your stuff with a password, better get that for the future in case they strike again!
    I like Hoffs idea on how to figure out who did it- pee and the beer can trick
  • your "friends" suck, that shit is not funny!!! (hehehe)
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed...
  • yea, assholes haha. they all know how much i love Pearl Jam. Just a dick move overall
  • Brisk. wrote:
    That happened to me, well sort of. I have pretty much every Pearl Jam & Vedder solo shows that there is a recording of. Which is much more common than it used to be. Anyway, I had all the shows split across 2 external hard drives. Well anyway, one day one of the drives failed. I absolutely freaked out because I started collecting my Pearl Jam shows in 1997.

I put a ton of time and work into my collection. Especially during the days where it was much much harder to get shows. The internet wasnt as big, and the connection speeds were terrible with dial up and shit. There was no bit torrent. There was some FTP sites and I got a lot of shows from a thing called the DC++ hub. Also, I used to have to do trades.

Anyway, the 500 gig drive that failed just happened to be the one that was completely full. All Pearl Jam shows. But I was lucky, I found a guy on another PJ website that said he could recover all the media on the drive. So, I bought another external hard drive and sent it to him. Sure enough, the guy was able to recover everything form the hard drive. That was probably one of the happiest days of my life.

So I learned then to ALWAYS have backups of my shows. So now I have all my shows on my main hard drive and a backup of all of them on another. I do not EVER want to go through that again. But I guess it could of have been worse. If I didnt find that guy to recover it, I really would have really been crying. Big time scare though. So, backup people!!!!
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Brisk. wrote:
    That happened to me, well sort of. I have pretty much every Pearl Jam & Vedder solo shows that there is a recording of. Which is much more common than it used to be. Anyway, I had all the shows split across 2 external hard drives. Well anyway, one day one of the drives failed. I absolutely freaked out because I started collecting my Pearl Jam shows in 1997.

I put a ton of time and work into my collection. Especially during the days where it was much much harder to get shows. The internet wasnt as big, and the connection speeds were terrible with dial up and shit. There was no bit torrent. There was some FTP sites and I got a lot of shows from a thing called the DC++ hub. Also, I used to have to do trades.

Anyway, the 500 gig drive that failed just happened to be the one that was completely full. All Pearl Jam shows. But I was lucky, I found a guy on another PJ website that said he could recover all the media on the drive. So, I bought another external hard drive and sent it to him. Sure enough, the guy was able to recover everything form the hard drive. That was probably one of the happiest days of my life.

So I learned then to ALWAYS have backups of my shows. So now I have all my shows on my main hard drive and a backup of all of them on another. I do not EVER want to go through that again. But I guess it could of have been worse. If I didnt find that guy to recover it, I really would have really been crying. Big time scare though. So, backup people!!!!

close call! :o