Eddie leaning on Jeff photo??

2»

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Have that poster hanging in my room, my stepdad found it in some random store a couple months ago.
  • i dont think its lance mercer i have his photo book of pearl jam 5x1. I dont see that photo in the book if he took it you would think itll be in there
  • I was always under the impression that it was from the Lollapalooza show in Silverdale,WA in 1992. I have no idea where I heard this but, I did hear it somewhere years ago and have always believed it to be true. I was at that show and do remember a "lean".... I am sure there were many "leans" though :-)
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I always felt lolla also. I had this poster hanging in my dorm room and then in my bedroom for years.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited October 2015
    I bought this a couple of years ago and put it up in the family room without telling my parents and it's still there to this day :smiley:
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • NiktoNikto Melbourne, Australia Posts: 132
    Funny, I have this poster in my garage on the wall. Been there since 2002, before that I had it on my bedroom wall at my parents house since the early 90's. I also have the magnuson park poster from 92 on the wall in my garage.
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
  • FeiracoFeiraco Amsterdam Posts: 255
    Funny, I have this poster in my garage on the wall. Been there since 2002, before that I had it on my bedroom wall at my parents house since the early 90's. I also have the magnuson park poster from 92 on the wall in my garage.
    Those are indeed quite famous posters!
    So the mystery remains from which show the Leaning poster was taken.
    The Magnusson Park 1992 poster (indeed) seems to have been taken during that show.
    Rotterdam 2000 (CANCELLED) | Arnhem 2006 | Rotterdam 2009 | Berlin 2009 | Arras 2010 | Amsterdam-1 2012 | Amsterdam-2 2012 | EV Amsterdam-1 2012 | EV Amsterdam-2 2012 | Amsterdam-1 2014 | Amsterdam-2 2014 | EV Amsterdam-2 2017 | EV Amsterdam-3 2017
  • I think the picture may have been taken at the same concert where there is a pic of Ed leaping out in the crowd. That pic also is well known. Just a guess though. Here is my thinking: in this poster he looks like he is wearing a baja hoodie. In that same pic where he is jumping out in the crowd he is wearing the baja hoodie (it's like a grayish color). I think that pic my have been from the Bremerton Lolla show. Therefore, I'm guessing this famous poster is from the Bremerton Lolla show. Just a guess though. I know he prob wore the baja hoodie on multiple occasions and of course jumped out into the crowd a billion times.
  • That one is definitely from the "Bremerton" ( the show was in Silverdale ) show I mentioned above. I agree that both posters were from that show. And my second PJ show ☺️
  • That one is definitely from the "Bremerton" ( the show was in Silverdale ) show I mentioned above. I agree that both posters were from that show. And my second PJ show ☺️

You were there??? So awesome!
  • FeiracoFeiraco Amsterdam Posts: 255
    edited October 2015

I was always under the impression that it was from the Lollapalooza show in Silverdale,WA in 1992. I have no idea where I heard this but, I did hear it somewhere years ago and have always believed it to be true. I was at that show and do remember a "lean".... I am sure there were many "leans" though :-)

Thanks all! We have solved the mystery ;-)
    Candleofthought gave the final clue...

If you look at this Soundgarden video taken at Bremerton at 1:35, you can see the two distinctive trees in the background which are exactly the same as in the poster of Vedder + Ament. In the still below you see the tree on the right with the telephone pole(?), which clearly appears on the Vedder/Ament poster as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvmtDFHBaFM

Add to this the striped shirt which Eddie Vedder is wearing on the poster, and the one taken with Cornell backstage:

Case closed ;-)

Post edited by Feiraco on
    Rotterdam 2000 (CANCELLED) | Arnhem 2006 | Rotterdam 2009 | Berlin 2009 | Arras 2010 | Amsterdam-1 2012 | Amsterdam-2 2012 | EV Amsterdam-1 2012 | EV Amsterdam-2 2012 | Amsterdam-1 2014 | Amsterdam-2 2014 | EV Amsterdam-2 2017 | EV Amsterdam-3 2017

You were there??? So awesome!
    Yeah, it was a pretty great day. The PJ and SOUNDGARDEN sets were so good! I remember Ice Cube getting held up at the Canadian border... I could guess why... He went on after Ministry. And the Chili Peppers were a ton of fun too. My only regret was watching the Jim Rose Circus and getting pretty sick
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2015
    Feiraco said:

I was always under the impression that it was from the Lollapalooza show in Silverdale,WA in 1992. I have no idea where I heard this but, I did hear it somewhere years ago and have always believed it to be true. I was at that show and do remember a "lean".... I am sure there were many "leans" though :-)

Thanks all! We have solved the mystery ;-)
    Candleofthought gave the final clue...

If you look at this Soundgarden video taken at Bremerton at 1:35, you can see the two distinctive trees in the background which are exactly the same as in the poster of Vedder + Ament. In the still below you see the tree on the right with the telephone pole(?), which clearly appears on the Vedder/Ament poster as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvmtDFHBaFM

Add to this the striped shirt which Eddie Vedder is wearing on the poster, and the one taken with Cornell backstage:

Case closed ;-)

I think that kid is stealing a pack of smokes. So busted.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    i've owned at least two of these in large format.  they used to sell these on campus in my college days at the start of each fall term.  the first one i had was purchased freshman year in 95 and probably lasted 3 years until i had to replace it to finish my college term.  i believe i still have it rolled up somewhere.  
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Was also in my dorm room.  Was a HUGE poster.  Seems like it took up half the wall