Shocker - Ricky Martin is gay!

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Never saw it coming!

:lol:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopth ... exual-man/

Ricky Martin: 'I Am a Fortunate Homosexual Man'
Posted Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:48pm PDT by Access Hollywood in Stop The Presses!

NEW YORK, N.Y. -- After years of keeping quiet about his personal life, pop star Ricky Martin has announced that he is gay.

"I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man," Ricky said in a message posted on his offical Web site. "I am very blessed to be who I am."

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Gay & Lesbian Hollywood

Ricky said writing his memoir and thinking about his two twin sons led him to go public.

"To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with. Enough is enough. This has to change. This was not supposed to happen 5 or 10 years ago, it is supposed to happen now. Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment," he wrote.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: The 'Vida Loca' Of Ricky Martin

Though the 38-year-old kept his sexuality private throughout most of his career, Ricky said he drew strength from that time.

"These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed," he continued. "What will happen from now on? It doesn't matter. I can only focus on what's happening to me in this moment. The word "happiness" takes on a new meaning for me as of today. It has been a very intense process. Every word that I write in this letter is born out of love, acceptance, detachment and real contentment. Writing this is a solid step towards my inner peace and vital part of my evolution."

Earlier this month, Barbara Walters told The Toronto Star that her 2000 interview with the "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer, where she grilled him about coming out, was a misstep on her part.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Hollywood Dads

"In 2000, I pushed Ricky Martin very hard to admit if he was gay or not, and the way he refused to do it made everyone decide that he was," she told The Toronto Star. "A lot of people say that destroyed his career, and when I think back on it now, I feel it was an inappropriate question."

Ricky also Tweeted a link to his coming out announcement on his Web site, simply writing, "my life."

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Celebrity Gays & Their Gal Pals

In an earlier Tweet on Monday, the singer posted a quote attributed to the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. M.L.K.Jr.," he wrote.

Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: PSA: Join Ricky Martin, Ellen DeGeneres, Adam Lambert & More To Help 'Rebuild Haiti'
PLAY IT NOW: 8th Annual Latin Grammy Awards: Arrivals

MORE ACCESS ON THESE TOPICS: Ricky Martin - LGBT - Latino - Music - TV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    He was secretly telling the dudes to shake their bon bons :ugeek:
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    That was one of the worst kept secrets of the last decade. Good for him to live his truth.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    OMG :o Whats next!!!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

In other breaking news water is wet!!! :lol:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    NOw who woulda seen that coming????!!! Even Blind Freddie knew that! But I suppose it will be a load off his shoulders and he won't be constantly quizzed about his orientation. NOT that it is anyone elses business really, but seems to be the of the world now doesn't it.
  • WHAT?!?!?!?!?
    How will I continue to live? :|:lol:
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,477
    WE HAVE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Livin la vida loca...............................

yeah...I am really shocked. ;)
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    I haven't been this shocked with an outing since Adam Lambert. :lol:
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,477
    Shocker!!!

The Chicago Cubs suck!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Shocker!!!

still? i guess anyone can have a bad century...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    He's full of shit. Just trying to jump on the bandwagon and kickstart his career. Gay my ass. :D
  • whgarrett wrote:
    He's full of shit. Just trying to jump on the bandwagon and kickstart his career. Gay my ass. :D

Must....resist.....potential....jokes..... :lol::lol:
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Why did his songs revolve around chicks then?
    The stupid jerk.

She bangs she bangs?
    Why sing about chicks if you are into guys?

Now it is time for Ian Thorpe to come out, worst kept secret in sport.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,049
    Shocker!!!

still? i guess anyone can have a bad century...
    working on two!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    I don't buy it, someone probably hacked his account.
    What are you gonna tell me next that Clay Aiken is gay? Or Lance Bass...c'mon, the chicks love these 3 dudes.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Who really cares about someone's sexuality anyways? Celeb or otherwise.
    He was probably told it would hurt his popularity, now maybe being gay is cool and working for him. People need to be true to themselves.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    The stupid jerk.

She bangs she bangs?

Really?? Probably because a guy singing "he bangs, he bangs, oh baby he moves, he moves" would not be as commercially successful. There are a lot of homophobic dudes out there, ya know?
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Yeah this is a real "SHOCKER" lol
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    I doubt highly Mr. Martin knows what a shocker is.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Well I'm glad they reported this useful information. I'll be sure to turn him down if he offers to buy me drinks at the bar.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Get the hell outta here. Lies! LIES!!!!
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    he likes Greek style..its all ok!!!! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    gabers wrote:
    The stupid jerk.

She bangs she bangs?

Really?? Probably because a guy singing "he bangs, he bangs, oh baby he moves, he moves" would not be as commercially successful. There are a lot of homophobic dudes out there, ya know?

No I don't know.
    He is a fake.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    he likes Greek style..its all ok!!!! :mrgreen:
    :lol:Another one for the "other team"!!! :lol:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad