Is Fatal the sleeper song on Lost Dogs?

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited March 2010 in The Porch
never gets love and highly underrated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaYOwoNfR34
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    I'm shocked that it hasn't' at least shown up a couple of times per tour since '05. Such a great song to be collecting dust like it is...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Down and education are too.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I like to think Otherside is THE sleeper on LD. At least they've played Fatal a few times. We've yet to hear this live.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • If they ever do an "experiment" show again like Mansfield of 2003, I'd like to see a run of LD songs.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Hitchhiker! Now go...
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,943
    Fuck , most of the Dogs disc is sleeper material. Excepting of course for WASH , and could REALLY have never heard sweet lew and been happy.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    Fuck , most of the Dogs disc is sleeper material. Excepting of course for WASH , and could REALLY have never heard sweet lew and been happy.
    whats the hidden song after Bee Girl?
    mickeyrat wrote:
    4/20/02 - song for layne, right?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    Fatal was one of Tchad Blake's favs... one of mine too from that recording period.
    Hitchhiker! Now go...

ah yes... Hitchhiker is *so* good. It is crazy that I believe it to be one of their best songs yet the band thought it was only b-side worthy. "dude what do you think you'er doing (leaving Hitchhiker on the bottom shelf)"
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    4/20/02 - song for layne, right?
    yeah, that sounds right. Is it Ed that sings?
  • Isaac wrote:
    Fatal was one of Tchad Blake's favs... one of mine too from that recording period.
    Hitchhiker! Now go...

ah yes... Hitchhiker is *so* good. It is crazy that I believe it to be one of their best songs yet the band thought it was only b-side worthy. "dude what do you think you'er doing (leaving Hitchhiker on the bottom shelf)"
    they must have so much material collecting dust in a box.
    Yeah, my understanding is that Ed heard the news that Layne was dead and he wrote this little composition to channel his feelings into music. I get sad every time I hear this little number at the end of Bee Girl. Sometimes I'll skip it if Im in a really good mood.
  • Yeah, my understanding is that Ed heard the news that Layne was dead and he wrote this little composition to channel his feelings into music. I get sad every time I hear this little number at the end of Bee Girl. Sometimes I'll skip it if Im in a really good mood.

kind of weird some of the lyrics of Bee Girl since it's right before the Layne song. By the way, what is Ed laughing at during Bee Girl?

Bee girl, you're gonna die.
    You don't wanna be famous, you wanna be shy.
    Do your dances alone in your room.
    Becoming a star will become your doom.
    Bee Girl, be a girl
    Isaac wrote:
    Hitchhiker! Now go...

i think alot of these didn't fit for whatever reason the material tht wound up on a given record.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Yeah, my understanding is that Ed heard the news that Layne was dead and he wrote this little composition to channel his feelings into music. I get sad every time I hear this little number at the end of Bee Girl. Sometimes I'll skip it if Im in a really good mood.

That's why I like vinyl. This song is not on the vinyl version. Depresses me when I hear it on the CD.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    We all know that DIRTY FRANK is the all time PJ sleeper over any song ever, And if not that then it has to be STRANGEST TRIBE!!!! cmon not a single play ever
  • Hitchhiker! Now go...

Yes, Hitchhiker kicks ass.

Also love Otherside and Whale Song.
  • Fatal
    Sad
    In The Moonlight

A trilogy of Binaural outtakes that are too good to be b-sides.
  • hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 198
    I would have have to vote for Education and In the Moonlight with Fatal coming in third. Of course Wash is one of the best songs of all time but I could be wrong. ;)
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    10 - Bristow
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore
    24 - Las Vegas (16th) / Las Vegas (18th) / Baltimore
    hadfiiw wrote:
    I would have have to vote for Education and In the Moonlight with Fatal coming in third. Of course Wash is one of the best songs of all time but I could be wrong. ;)
    I think the lost disc has gotten more concert play as a whole , wxcepting of course for Wash. Kick ass song , but I'm not sure it belonged on here as it had been prviously released on the ep tape WAAAAAAAAAAY back when.

• PJ44PJ44 Posts: 153
    Re: Is Fatal the sleeper song on Lost Dogs?
    by RiotZact » 29 Mar 2010 19:51

We all know that DIRTY FRANK is the all time PJ sleeper over any song ever, And if not that then it has to be STRANGEST TRIBE!!!! cmon not a single play ever

they actually played Dirty Frank NYE 1992 in NYC. i almost certain of this. Eddie also told Marky Mark to get a life :lol:
    PJ44
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    UNDONE SHOULD BE PLAYED MORE!
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    youngster wrote:
    I like to think Otherside is THE sleeper on LD. At least they've played Fatal a few times. We've yet to hear this live.

I think the verses are great, but that the chorus is weak.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Fatal
    Sad
    In The Moonlight

A trilogy of Binaural outtakes that are too good to be b-sides.

Forgot about Moonlight, that is a great tune.

I was fortunate enough to hear the premiere of Sad in Reading.
  • GrimblissGrimbliss Posts: 32
    "Hold On" is easily the one b-side on Lost Dogs that should've been on an album. This is a gem of a song and how it never made the final cut for Vs is beyond me. Granted Vs is my favorite album as is, but a "Hold On" for "Blood" swap would've been fine by me..... or they could've just saved it for another album. Anyway it's one of my favorite songs and I would love to hear it live