Ticketmaster tickets

shawndyershawndyer Posts: 270
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I bought some tickets off ebay that are not hard tickets. The seller said he was going to email them to me but couldnt figure out how to do it. He said instead he just printed them himself and is going to mail them to me. Does anyone one know how to tell if they are real or not?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    I do know you are able to print your tickets like boarding passes. I have never done it but I have noticed that it is not an unusal practice. I have word of advice, in the future becareful using ebay for tickets. I am not big on buying tix off ebay. Esp. if the price is steep. Stubhub or a ticket exchanges are the best ways to go. However, if you paid using paypal then if something goes wrong they will def be able to track down the source and get your cash back. You should be cool.
    Best O Luck
    I hope this helped!
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • shawndyershawndyer Posts: 270
    Yea I did use paypal and the dude has 2000 items sold with 99.6% rating, so I think i'll be ok. Thanks
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    Thats great to hear
    I just got burned one time buying tix on ebay. It all played out fine in the end I got my money back but I was so damn peed off.
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    shawndyer wrote:
    I bought some tickets off ebay that are not hard tickets. The seller said he was going to email them to me but couldnt figure out how to do it. He said instead he just printed them himself and is going to mail them to me. Does anyone one know how to tell if they are real or not?
    also, if you are worried about the tickets being real (or possibly if the seller printed and sold multiple copies), show up to the venue as early as possible as the first tickets that are scanned (in the case of multiple tix) will be the ones that get in. Just an FYI
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
  • jcfranz wrote:
    shawndyer wrote:
    also, if you are worried about the tickets being real (or possibly if the seller printed and sold multiple copies), show up to the venue as early as possible as the first tickets that are scanned (in the case of multiple tix) will be the ones that get in. Just an FYI

that is the only reason i wouldn't buy printable tix
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    jcfranz wrote:
    shawndyer wrote:

Good call!!!

I saw this happen at the United Center in August. A couple, with printed tickets in hand and all the excitement you'd imagine on their faces, have the barcodes scanned for entry, and are informed the tickets are already in use.

Two other people had "bought" the same tickets as they did. And, because those two got there first, they got in.

The papers they're holding are absolutely worthless.

And the people outside? Well, they were welcome to buy two more tickets, if they pleased. This time from the box office.
    I am a little concerned about him selling multiple sets, but he had great feedback. They are section 408 so i just wanted in the building. I would be very pissed if i could not get in. I'll show up when the door opens just in case. Thanks!
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    the moral of the story is . get there FIRST !! :o
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    If you are really worried, perhaps the seller could sell them to you via Ticketmaster's secondary ticket exchange. TM would cancel the old tix, and reissue new ones to you. This would prevent the seller from pulling any shenanigans. Keep in mind that they do charge around 15% sales fee, so you'd be paying quite a bit extra.
  • AP135303AP135303 Posts: 39
    shawndyer wrote:
    I am a little concerned about him selling multiple sets, but he had great feedback. They are section 408 so i just wanted in the building. I would be very pissed if i could not get in. I'll show up when the door opens just in case. Thanks!

You could also keep an eye on his selling activity, to make sure he doesn't repost the same tickets he sold to you.
    AP135303 wrote:
    shawndyer wrote:

You could also keep an eye on his selling activity, to make sure he doesn't repost the same tickets he sold to you.
    He sold another set in a different section. I looked at his feedback and they were also email tickets. He didnt seem to have a problem emailing them to the winner of that auction, that seems a little odd.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    ticketfast tix have been around for ever

yes they're the most frequent type copied and sold outside the venue

but buying them off ebay is pretty safe

although i'm surprised the guy had so much feed back and couldn't figure out how to attach a pdf file?

is there a name on the copy he sent you?
    ticketfast tix have been around for ever

yes they're the most frequent type copied and sold outside the venue

but buying them off ebay is pretty safe

although i'm surprised the guy had so much feed back and couldn't figure out how to attach a pdf file?

is there a name on the copy he sent you?
    He never sent me a copy. He just said he was having trouble. I have his email address and any other info that ebay has. He said he has printed them and mailed them to me. Should be here by wednesday.
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    I've bought plenty of tix off craigslist and ebay and never had a problem.
  • NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    I bought a single for each MSG show from stubhub and they are both e-tickets. Im a little less nervous dealing with stubhub. I called them and they confirmed the sellers were high-volume sellers (ticket brokers) so i feel a bit better. I think if you are buying them from a reputable seller on ebay and used paypal, you should be ok. I would never buy etickets off of some random scalper in the parking lot. In any event, regardless of my ability to get a refund, im getting to the show way early - I suggest you do the same. Even though you can get your money back from paypal, you dont want to be scrambling at the last minute for replacement tickets.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)