Child Birth Education Doll

2»

Comments

• stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Very highly disturbing. Like.....REALLY ....... very very strange. Not much else to say really. :shock:

Sooooooooooo....does that mean you wont be ordering one ?

:P

Haha!! Ummmmm, let me think about that one.......

Hmmmmm..................

Errrrr.....

Well.........

NO.

:lol::lol:
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    [/quote]
    I KNOW!!!! Haven't these people heard of new fandangled thing called waxing???!!! :shock: :lol:
    It's so wrong just don't know where to begin...seriously what group of people are these things marketed at??? Nasty Pasty![/quote]

Well, being a childbirth educator and birth doula, these dolls are marketed at me. While I will give you that this knitted one is frightening, it is VERY hard for us to find dolls that show the childbirth process.

Fortunately, women are becoming proactive, educated consumers about their birth, and many are selecting homebirth. This means that family members are present, children are present. Children learn through play so items like this ARE necessary.

Until Mattell gets on board, educators have to get creative.
  • Wow...really, how people come up with this shit is beyond me...
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I really.. I don't see what's so wrong and nasty and creepy about that. :? I think the idea is pretty damn good, actually. Sure, a knit birth education doll might not be for everyone, but the existence of such dolls is justified if you ask me. 8-)
    Well, being a childbirth educator and birth doula, these dolls are marketed at me. While I will give you that this knitted one is frightening, it is VERY hard for us to find dolls that show the childbirth process.

Fortunately, women are becoming proactive, educated consumers about their birth, and many are selecting homebirth. This means that family members are present, children are present. Children learn through play so items like this ARE necessary.

Until Mattell gets on board, educators have to get creative.

This (^) = well said.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."