Pearl Jam goes green article on Boston.com

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Not big news, they've done it before, but did it better in '06.

http://www.biodieselmagazine.com/articl ... le_id=1038
  • inthefleshintheflesh Posts: 170
    ...they're not personally planting the trees?
    was it?....
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
    Yep, their touring has gone green...

Instead of 40-50 dates, they only tour a dozen or so.
    They mainly stay in the northeast and west coast to reduce travel emissions as well
    Oh, and they charge a hell of a lot more $ then they use to for a ticket too...GREEN. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Yep, their touring has gone green...

They mainly stay in the northeast and west coast to reduce travel emissions as well
    Oh, and they charge a hell of a lot more $ then they use to for a ticket too...GREEN. ;)

you know something, jokes aside, this probably explains their erractic touring schedule, or at least a part of it. Think about it: If they are this concerned (and I applaud their cause) that's why they tour at 12 to 20 shows at a time.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    I think the shorter tours have far more to do with family than carbon footprint.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    Yep, their touring has gone green...

you know something, jokes aside, this probably explains their erractic touring schedule, or at least a part of it. Think about it: If they are this concerned (and I applaud their cause) that's why they tour at 12 to 20 shows at a time.
    Poncier wrote:
    I think the shorter tours have far more to do with family than carbon footprint.

yup i think these both go hand in hand :mrgreen:
  • Yep, their touring has gone green...

Poncier wrote:

yup i think these both go hand in hand :mrgreen:

or if we're talking carbon footprints, feet and feet? :lol: