Ten Club Job Forum

Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I know these are tough times so.............

What do you all think of a PJ Job Forum?

For example, if I hear of a job opening in my field or say a friend's field, I can post it on a new section of the board. You're CV would be given more attention than a non-10C member.

I have contacts in TV, film, sports marketing, finance, food service, and non-profit.

I'm going to run this by Kat and perhaps get a new board section up and running.

-Mike
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• What about internships for 10c members in the business field? :)
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    http://www.telenetwork.com/

go here an apply you can even work from the house,, but it is for tx res only sorry,, but we are hiring :mrgreen:
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I could be the warehouse organizer for the 10C.

Eh, who am I kidding. I wouldn't get any work done if that was my job.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    That is a seriously good idea!

I know of a couple of things here in Bristol UK if anyone is looking.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    GOOD LUCK, WE DONT EVEN HAVE A TRADING ONE!!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    thats a really cool idea.
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    I am an emerging leader who is passionate for strategic marketing, and my career aspirations are rooted in brand management. I am interested in managerial marketing opportunities that offer a fast-paced, innovative work environment; tasks and responsibilities of a challenging nature; visibility to earn respect and recognition amongst colleagues; and advancement opportunities for career growth and professional development. I have cultivated a variety of relevant experience and transferable skills, I have a proven history of progressive and strategic contributions, and I am confident in my abilities to consistently achieve and outperform marketing objectives. Note that I have direct experience in the consumer packaged goods and food service industries, I have served on several cross-functional teams, and I am competent in all facets of market research.

Please be assured that I am willing to relocate virtually anywhere (at my own expense if necessary), and my availability is immediate upon request.

Thank you for your time and consideration, I will cordially look forward to your response.
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
    McJuicy wrote:
    I am an emerging leader who is passionate for strategic marketing, and my career aspirations are rooted in brand management. I am interested in managerial marketing opportunities that offer a fast-paced, innovative work environment; tasks and responsibilities of a challenging nature; visibility to earn respect and recognition amongst colleagues; and advancement opportunities for career growth and professional development. I have cultivated a variety of relevant experience and transferable skills, I have a proven history of progressive and strategic contributions, and I am confident in my abilities to consistently achieve and outperform marketing objectives. Note that I have direct experience in the consumer packaged goods and food service industries, I have served on several cross-functional teams, and I am competent in all facets of market research.

Please be assured that I am willing to relocate virtually anywhere (at my own expense if necessary), and my availability is immediate upon request.

Thank you for your time and consideration, I will cordially look forward to your response.

ya, but can you KISS ASS?
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I like this idea
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    KO282453 wrote:
    McJuicy wrote:

ya, but can you KISS ASS?

Thank you for your prompt reply to my letter of interest. As per your request, please note that I have been recognized for an outstanding commitment to service and satisfaction in said discipline.
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
    :lol: Your Hired!!!
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    This is an excellent idea.
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    hmmm, wondering if I should be brushing up my resume..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
    i really wouldn't hire Mcjuicy, he/she? sounds much more intelligent than me. :twisted:
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    I could help people right away. Just tell me what position (check out my original post) you are looking for and why you think you should be hired.

I'll pass your info to the appropriate person.

It's all about who you know.....resumes get tossed.

-Mike
    any job offers?
  • LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    Hi Mike!

I like your idea. If I find out that we are hiring people I will definitely keep an eye out for people who might be interested.

As for myself, I'm looking to move from the corporate finance world to the Wall Street type finance world (Investment banking, Venture Capital). I know for a person like myself, it will be really hard to get into as I don't have an MBA from Harvard and the likes (I got it at Purdue), so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. And again, great idea!
    MVB2101 wrote:
    I could help people right away. Just tell me what position (check out my original post) you are looking for and why you think you should be hired.

-Mike
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    Lesbelges wrote:
    Hi Mike!

I like your idea. If I find out that we are hiring people I will definitely keep an eye out for people who might be interested.

As for myself, I'm looking to move from the corporate finance world to the Wall Street type finance world (Investment banking, Venture Capital). I know for a person like myself, it will be really hard to get into as I don't have an MBA from Harvard and the likes (I got it at Purdue), so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. And again, great idea!
    MVB2101 wrote:

-Mike

I know someone that might be able to help you. PM me your resume and cover letter stating why you want to make a lateral move. The good thing about my finance is that once you get through the door and are accomplished, then it doesn't matter what school you graduated from. Good luck.

Also, contact Kat and let's try to make this an official topic on this board