MAY 18th

OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Letterman.
Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    OffMeGoes wrote:
    Letterman.

Is this your guess?
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    I know one thing for sure about May 18th.

It's my birthday.
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    MVB2101 wrote:

It's my birthday.

get that birthday show mate :mrgreen::mrgreen: ,, i wish pj would play on my birthday but they rarely tour in jan
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    May 18 has been TBD: there will be no additional show. That's what I think.
  • OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    OGT92 wrote:
    Is this your guess?

Well, it is a guess that I have taken steps to cover....and, bty, the planning paid off in 2004. One of my greatest experiences; PJ and Dave.... not too many people can say they were at one.......basically, I am sharing my guess so that anyone able to pull it off can take the steps JUST IN CASE.........I saw another post about Boston 2 or Nothing...well, they are headed to NY anyway, and what city would you rather spend 4 days in (as a musician I mean).......

So, guess, yes. More realistic than Fenway, the Kennedy Compound, the New Meadowlands, or, god forbid, Hoboken....
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

• like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    Jeanwah wrote:

:cry:
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    MVB2101 wrote:

It's my birthday.

get that birthday show mate :mrgreen::mrgreen: ,, i wish pj would play on my birthday but they rarely tour in jan

It depends where it is. I also graduate that day. I have to be on campus by 9am and think it's over by 5pm. So I would have to ditch my friends and family to fly to Boston (no way to make it by car) or anywhere else, besides NYC, right after the ceremony.
    MVB2101 wrote:

It's my birthday.

I saw PJ on my B-Day in 2003....Cleveland show...so amazing...the poster hanging on my wall is just one of those things that immediately reminds me of the feeling of it all.....believe me, I am not a big BDay guy nor do I think the gods lined up everything just for me...(fuck, I had to fly SouthWest from California to Cleveland....no god would make that a requirement), but for some reason just seeing the date on a poster of that show is a big one for me....

Jeanwah wrote:

Shouldn't it then be TBD-OEWWSBLYOFNDR

(To Be Determined Or Else We Would Simply Be Leading You On For No Discernible Reason)

:) - just joking.....you may be right, but let's not dream the dream's of others...one more show! (or one more song if I am right)

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    OffMeGoes wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Shouldn't it then be TBD-OEWWSBLYOFNDR

(To Be Determined Or Else We Would Simply Be Leading You On For No Discernible Reason)

:) - just joking.....you may be right, but let's not dream the dream's of others...one more show! (or one more song if I am right)

I can't go either way so it doesn't matter to me. But...the show is not "TBA", meaning it would happen, but not yet announced. TBD, well, it basically means it hasn't been determined if there will even be a show. There's that chance there won't even be one!! Just being objective here...
    Actually, I forgot to say...Paul Shaffer is my dad, and I saw the schedule.....did I leave that out?

• OffMeGoes wrote:
    Actually, I forgot to say...Paul Shaffer is my dad, and I saw the schedule.....did I leave that out?
    Paul Schaeffer has kids??? :oops:
    [/quote]Paul Schaeffer has kids??? :oops:[/quote]

Yeah, and I guess my mom's name is Cathy....and, presuming I have a choice here, my name is Will..

"Since 1990, Shaffer has been married to Cathy Vasapoli, with whom he has two children: Victoria (born 1993) and Will (born 1999)." - wikipedia...

May 18th is a big hit today, so I thought I would revive this thread too.....

• airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    Got your back on the Jan. bday thing. Folks in the summer and spring get the opps for bday shows. However who in their right mind would want to circumnavigate the US in Jan?
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • i currently am working on finalizing the details of may 18. i have put in a request of $500,000 for the band to play my backyard and will also donate $10,000 to each band member's charity of choice. this is why the may 18 is still tbd
    ms259093 wrote:
    i currently am working on finalizing the details of may 18. i have put in a request of $500,000 for the band to play my backyard and will also donate $10,000 to each band member's charity of choice. this is why the may 18 is still tbd

Just sent you 43 bucks via paypal.....do you need my address for shipping the tickets??

• OffMeGoes wrote:
    ms259093 wrote:
    i currently am working on finalizing the details of may 18. i have put in a request of $500,000 for the band to play my backyard and will also donate $10,000 to each band member's charity of choice. this is why the may 18 is still tbd

Just sent you 43 bucks via paypal.....do you need my address for shipping the tickets??

nope and thanks for the cash. i will sell you back your money for $60.00 plus fees and shipping
    ms259093 wrote:
    OffMeGoes wrote:
    ms259093 wrote:

nope and thanks for the cash. i will sell you back your money for $60.00 plus fees and shipping

Wait, you aren't going to cover my fees? It sounds like you are trying to really stick it to me on 4 percent here....well, we can work it out later....just sent you the 60.00 plus 10 shipping....if that doesn't cover it, let me know....

wait, does this mean you know my address? Or are you saying the concert doesn't need tickets...ah, guestlist,...well, mark me down for 2