No Code photo sets

jfarishjfarish Posts: 37
edited June 2010 in The Porch
I'm trying to get all four sets, but I didn't have any luck scrounging around on sites like eBay and Amazon, et al. I have set E. Anybody know of a way to get all four sets (preferably), or, at the very least, to get a photo for every song, even though there are different photos for the same song in different sets?
Official sponsor of the "PJ__" Campaign (does it matter what year?  --let's just celebrate anyway!)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    hey u ever try going to used record shop an getting a bunch of copies nocode for a few bucks each :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    I did that. I just bought a couple copies and now I have all the songs. I think there are many more than four sets of pictures on the cards, though I could be wrong.

How do you know if your No Code is A, B, C, or D?
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • jfarishjfarish Posts: 37
    I have tried going to used record shops, but it's rare that I can find a No Code, and rarer still that it has a different set than what I have. Twice I've found a used one, but both sets were E's.

The four sets (to my knowledge) are C, O, D, and E. On the back of the photos, at the bottom, in red print should be some kind of 11-digit ID number, followed by a dash and an alphanumeric combination, like 5E. The number represents that song in the tracklisting and the letter is the set.
    Official sponsor of the "PJ__" Campaign (does it matter what year?  --let's just celebrate anyway!)
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    jfarish wrote:
    I have tried going to used record shops, but it's rare that I can find a No Code, and rarer still that it has a different set than what I have. Twice I've found a used one, but both sets were E's.

The four sets (to my knowledge) are C, O, D, and E. On the back of the photos, at the bottom, in red print should be some kind of 11-digit ID number, followed by a dash and an alphanumeric combination, like 5E. The number represents that song in the tracklisting and the letter is the set.

You are correct with the exception that the numbers do not correlate to the tracklisting. Each picture is numbered 1-9 beside the letter indicating which set it is.

I have four copies of the vinyl, but still need to get set C to have them all.
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    how can you tell with set you have with a sealed vinyl?
  • MK1980MK1980 Posts: 291
    I have C & O, only because one was from a local second hand record store. The actual cd was damaged, looked like someone had tried to bite the disk! But that was the C copy. The duplicate photos are in the decent sleeve, and the rest are on my PJ wall.
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
    NeilJam, you are correct. I misspoke. The number does not correlate with the track number. What I meant to say is that each photo in a set is given a number, 1-9.
    adspj wrote:
    how can you tell with set you have with a sealed vinyl?

Open it and check the backs of the photos. No way to tell when it is still sealed.
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    NeilJam wrote:
    jfarish wrote:

You are correct with the exception that the numbers do not correlate to the tracklisting. Each picture is numbered 1-9 beside the letter indicating which set it is.

I have four copies of the vinyl, but still need to get set C to have them all.

mate 4 copys on lp

glad i got my one lol :mrgreen:
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i'm sorry this is all new to me. what are the differences between these?
    Well played, Backspacer 76. Wikipedia knows everything. It even knows that it knows everything, and that's scary.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    jfarish wrote:
    Well played, Backspacer 76. Wikipedia knows everything. It even knows that it knows everything, and that's scary.
    yea i'm an idiot. thanks for the no explanation wiki link serving. what was i thinking?
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    It looks like I have "D" is there a specific set that is rarer than the others? I'm referring to the vinyl version...

Also, does anyone actually have all 4 vinyl sets?
    adspj wrote:
    It looks like I have "D" is there a specific set that is rarer than the others? I'm referring to the vinyl version...

Also, does anyone actually have all 4 vinyl sets?

I'd guess they were made in equal quantities but can't say for sure. As I posted before, I'm one set away from having all 4 vinyl sets. I was going to trade sets with someone so I could have them all, but have neglected to get in touch with them again.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    sucks that they don't make them anymore. I bought 2 cds hoping to get the photos. But nothing.
    I miss igotid88
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    No code has definitely been the most interesting package design to date, such a great concept.
  • WM31482WM31482 Posts: 563
    yeah why do i have this but not know about it?
    Did some deep digging and found the O code at a distant used record store. Feeling better. Now to scour more for the C and D codes. Wonder what eBay has to offer...
  • are all of you really buying tons of no code vinyl just to get the cards? i don't even have 1! if any of you decide you want to get rid of the vinyl and keep the cards i'll gladly take them from you :D
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
    Hot diggity, I got 'em! Should be in the mail for me. I'm so excited. This caps off one of my understated life goals. I guess I just needed to post it to get the motivation to really go exploring and find them.

I'm not collecting the vinyl version, so if you want some extra copies of the cd sans photos, I'd be happy to send them your way.
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    edited April 2010
    Isaac wrote:
    No code has definitely been the most interesting package design to date, such a great concept.

agreed. you guys ever check the cassettes out? let's not forget them. those are cool, too. Because the cover is actually a folded individual polaroid. complete with the "glossy picture part" and dull surrounding "white part".

4524328776_2444076dce_m.jpg

Plus you have to check out the little booklet it comes with. first it's tiny, tiny little square thing! secondly the b&w photos of the guys are actually bigger than we see in the lp and cd version. like you see the complete photo. whereas with the lp and cd they are cropped horizonally.
    Post edited by broloco on
    No doubt No Code has been the most interesting packaging to date. I've spent hours poring over the photos, trying to decipher some, admiring others. The integration of the entire packaging as a single artistic expression is also unique. It's fun to try to find the yield signs in Yield and all, but it can't compare to No Code. Plus, it has the allure of the collector's search.

Now that I have all four sets, I set them together side-by-side-by-side-by-side. Some interesting notes and stats, if anyone is interested (SPOILER ALERT, I suppose):

#1 is Hail, Hail on all four sets, but the C and O sets share a photo, while the D and E sets share a different photo.

#2 is Smile on all four sets, and just as with Hail, Hail, C and O are the same, and D and E are the same. Same is true for #3, Off He Goes, and #4 Mankind.

#5 is Around The Bend, and all four sets share the same photo.

#6 is Sometimes on the C and O sets, both with different pictures. The D and E sets are Who You Are, and those, too, both have different pictures.

Similarly, #7 is Red Mosquito on C and O, with different pics, while D and E are I'm Open with different pics; #8 is Present Tense on C and O, different pics, and In My Tree on D and E, different pics.

Finally, #9 is Habit on C, O, and D, with different pics--kinda. They share the same event, namely a massive nosebleed that looks like it's coming from Mike, but they are at different angles and/or times. In a strange twist, the E set on #9 is the only place you will find Lukin.

Can and will post pictures of all four sets next to each other when I get a chance, unless that's not cool with an administrator.
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,686
    jfarish wrote:
    No doubt No Code has been the most interesting packaging to date. I've spent hours poring over the photos, trying to decipher some, admiring others. The integration of the entire packaging as a single artistic expression is also unique. It's fun to try to find the yield signs in Yield and all, but it can't compare to No Code. Plus, it has the allure of the collector's search.

Now that I have all four sets, I set them together side-by-side-by-side-by-side. Some interesting notes and stats, if anyone is interested (SPOILER ALERT, I suppose):

#1 is Hail, Hail on all four sets, but the C and O sets share a photo, while the D and E sets share a different photo.

#2 is Smile on all four sets, and just as with Hail, Hail, C and O are the same, and D and E are the same. Same is true for #3, Off He Goes, and #4 Mankind.

#5 is Around The Bend, and all four sets share the same photo.

#6 is Sometimes on the C and O sets, both with different pictures. The D and E sets are Who You Are, and those, too, both have different pictures.

Similarly, #7 is Red Mosquito on C and O, with different pics, while D and E are I'm Open with different pics; #8 is Present Tense on C and O, different pics, and In My Tree on D and E, different pics.

Finally, #9 is Habit on C, O, and D, with different pics--kinda. They share the same event, namely a massive nosebleed that looks like it's coming from Mike, but they are at different angles and/or times. In a strange twist, the E set on #9 is the only place you will find Lukin.

Can and will post pictures of all four sets next to each other when I get a chance, unless that's not cool with an administrator.

that is so freaking cool... would be nice to see the pics... now I'm going to start to look for all of them... one last question you have all of them in VINYL??? :shock:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
    Ah, sadly, no. These sets are the cd version. I would be curious to see if the vinyl is different in any respect.

Pictures should be up this weekend.
    Wasn't able to post the pics because I don't have anywhere online to publish them and I don't yet have an administrator's consent to add attachments to a post. If/when one of those things happens, I'll put them up.
    jfarish wrote:
    I don't have anywhere online to publish them.

hook up with flickr...it takes a second! and then hook us up. :D
  • mvluckymikemvluckymike Posts: 329
    I have an extra c set to trade from the cd. I have bought this album 4 times and have only scored the c set. This one must of been the most common i guess.
    Miami 92,WPB 2008,Tampa 2008,MSG 2008#1, EV Baltimore 2009 Night#2,EV ATL 2009, Seattle 2009, Jazzfest 2010, WM3 Arkansas 2010,Bridge School 2010
    jfarish wrote:

that is good! thanks! Let's turn this thread into the official Nocodencyclopedia.