Options

Pearl Jam Embracing YouTube

mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
edited August 2008 in The Porch
http://www.youtube.com/user/PearlJamOfficial

I received a friend invite from PJ Official on my YT page, and I checked it out. They have posted and/or linked to official videos and fan filmed videos. I think this is pretty cool, and I didn't see anyone mention it yet so I wanted to let you guys know it's out there.

Let's cross our fingers that they put up some vids from the vault, they could do a lot with this.
Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thanks! how did they just send you an invite?!
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Thanks for the link. This could be a really cool development.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    thanks! how did they just send you an invite?!

I guess they checked out my page, it was in my inbox. It looks like their page just went online a few days ago.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Has anybody heard of the record label Monkeywrench? I know Stone has his own, but I thought that was called something else.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    That pancake mountain song with the kids is sweet!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Has anybody heard of the record label Monkeywrench? I know Stone has his own, but I thought that was called something else.

He did...and it was called Loosegroove records. It is now defunct I believe.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    That is sweet.

Hopefully they will release ED Solo vids. :) *Crosses fingers*
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this :)

Favorite'd...
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    the "official" video for Daughter is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    Damn...that Bonnaroo Betterman was great. Mike and Ed rockin' out
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Thanks PJ!
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    I love this site; thanks. It is so official looking and well put together. I guess I wouldn't expect less but I am still impressed by the layout. Such a good job done.
    Thanks for putting this out here. Very cool.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,125
    *added.

thanks! :)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    holy shit this is GREAT!! :D:D
  • Options

The stuff that is done "In House" like Benaroya Hall are on Monkeywrench. Stone's label was in fact called LooseGroove and had the first Queens Of The Stone Age and bands like Critters Buggin.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    The stuff that is done "In House" like Benaroya Hall are on Monkeywrench. Stone's label was in fact called LooseGroove and had the first Queens Of The Stone Age and bands like Critters Buggin.
    Alright, I thought they were jumping labels for the next record.

*Knocks on wood*
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    Thank You!!!!
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    yotan18yotan18 Posts: 103
    Because of this, i saw the pearl jam story! nothing new to me, but it was nice to see them being interviewed. but where was ed during the 2002 interviews? :)
    "The Day of Redemption is at hand! Repent, and thou shall be saved..." - A. Ventura

"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie" - T. Montana
    ---
    "Yeah i know... sounds stupid." Aldrin said.

#18 INC forever
  • Options
    PJ17MKDPJ17MKD Posts: 136
    mbangel10 wrote:

I received a friend invite from PJ Official on my YT page, and I checked it out. They have posted and/or linked to official videos and fan filmed videos. I think this is pretty cool, and I didn't see anyone mention it yet so I wanted to let you guys know it's out there.

Let's cross our fingers that they put up some vids from the vault, they could do a lot with this.

i got an invite too ;)...
  • Options
    jblagg wrote:
    the "official" video for Daughter is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.
    Seriously. WTF is that? Looks anything but "official".
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    Seriously. WTF is that? Looks anything but "official".

The video was posted by Sony. So I'm guessing it's official but obviously the band wasn't involved.
    Sam
  • Options
    He did...and it was called Loosegroove records. It is now defunct I believe.
    This is what's left of LooseGroove... http://www.speakeasy.org/~btom3/lsgroove/
    And holy crap you can send postcards off their site now?! :p
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I didn't know Mick McCready was in Pearl Jam? hehehe :)
  • Options
    bovy_j wrote:
    I didn't know Mick McCready was in Pearl Jam? hehehe :)
    Hey Mick- over here!!! LOL
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Don;t forget Malfunkshun:)
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    mbangel10 wrote:

Thank you so much for posting this. I added it and I'm loving it.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...All my hopes, anger, pride and shame...make myself a pact, not to shut doors on the past just for today,... I am free.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Thanks for posting the link! :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Without even checking out a single video yet, I just added it! It looks real nice, very very well put together and they've got some awesome stuff on there....real cool looking....And yeah, the Daughter video, I thought that was made by a fan or something, then when it said it was official....I was just stumped after that lol....Haha...Mick Mcready....Nice to know PJ has added another memeber! Thanks again for informing us :D
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman