No Code

airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
edited March 2010 in The Porch
No Code might possibly have the best group of songs to open a show. There a lot of songs that would really kick ass off this album to start the night off. Could you imagine a dark stage, dark arena or outdoor venue and all you would hear is the drum beat of in my tree. How F'in sick would that be?
Hail To the Victors
I refer to those in front...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• or just Mike starting off the show tearing into red mosquito?......i have goosebumps thinking about it! :mrgreen:
  • lakerat25lakerat25 Posts: 75
    One of the best openers I saw was Present Tense in Thunder Bay. It needs to be played more live...great song.
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    I went to my first show in 96 and they opened with long road. Throughout the night they basically played the entire No Code album. I wish of all the shows I have attended I would have appreciated that one a little more.
    Hail To the Victors
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,033
    airblue1 wrote:
    No Code might possibly have the best group of songs to open a show. There a lot of songs that would really kick ass off this album to start the night off. Could you imagine a dark stage, dark arena or outdoor venue and all you would hear is the drum beat of in my tree. How F'in sick would that be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhmgsTF1PF0
    hawk
    that was awesome
    the crowd was really hitting on all pistons as well as the band
    Hail To the Victors
  • wow i never knew they opened with In My Tree. that would be sweet.

Sometimes is great too when the play it. the little groove they get into at the end is awesome.
  • scoob1057scoob1057 Posts: 94
    Dark, one guitar, for about a 2 min. Dont that make you SMILE..
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I love no code. I'm dying to hear in my tree live
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    who you are, in my tree would be fuckin sweet to see i never will forget when this ablum dropped :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I got off my last shift of the summer of 96, packed my car, went to the local midnite drop of the album, put the CD in my car, you know the ole Sony discman with the tape adopter. Popped that in and drove six and a half hours for my beach job straight to class. I do not remember the stats but you if you take the length of the CD and how many times you can listen to it in 6.5 hours thats how many times I listented to it............(that night)
    Hail To the Victors
  • thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    Love No Code. A lot of people might disagree with me on this one, but I think "I'm Open" would be a great opening song (no pun intended) and I think they have opened with it before if I am not mistaking. I would love to hear Eddie narrate the story in the beginning and end of the song, although I don't think he does in live versions.

Also, Long Road is a great opener, it was absolutely beautiful in Seattle last year. And they opened with Sometimes on the second show, which also was awesome. I still want to hear "Who You Are" live, even though I don't think they play live that often.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • The opening up with In My Tree thing would only work with Mr. Irons...
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    that is a great video

you better delete it now before we get a whole new thread on the statues standing in front ;)

to each their own
  • Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    thefin190 wrote:
    Love No Code. A lot of people might disagree with me on this one, but I think "I'm Open" would be a great opening song (no pun intended) and I think they have opened with it before if I am not mistaking. I would love to hear Eddie narrate the story in the beginning and end of the song, although I don't think he does in live versions.

Also, Long Road is a great opener, it was absolutely beautiful in Seattle last year. And they opened with Sometimes on the second show, which also was awesome. I still want to hear "Who You Are" live, even though I don't think they play live that often.

I heard them do "I'm Open" and then lead it right into "I Got Shit" in '06... it wasn't their opener, but it was a cool segue.
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • No Code is incredible. I have always felt that Vitalogy and No Code were the most creative and amazing albums this band has ever created, and are my favorites by them. I am not a big fan of Yield (though that time period in their history finally allowed me the chance to see them live, and it represented an amazing time in MY life).

In 2000, they opened with Sometimes, and I was fortunate enough to see Who You Are at Bonnaroo.

Still waiting for my Red Mosquito moment though
    "It's No Crime To Escape"... AGAIN and AGAIN!!

8-22-1998:Barrie, ON (First Show Ever)~~~10-5-2000: Toronto, ON (where the F*%& is the poster for this Show)~~~6-28-2003: Toronto, ON (Waterfront Fireworks)~~~9-11-2005: Kitchener, IN MY HOMETOWN!!! / 9-12-2005: London, ON(Greatest Band Ever in the Greatest Country Ever)
    ~~~5-9-2006/5-10-2006: Toronto, ON (Start of the tour;rough first night, amazing second night)~~~6-14-2008: BONNAROO!!! (GREATEST SHOW EVER)~~~8-12-2008/8-13-2008: E. Vedder Solo Tour - MASSEY HALL (an experience beyond description)~~~8-21-2009: Toronto, ON (Standard Toronto Setlist (sigh) but greatest pre set ever :) )~~~5-9-2010: Cleveland OH (TBD)~~~5-10-2010: Buffalo, NY (TBD)
    No Doubt it was Yield that really opened the band up to more extensive touring. It opened the flood gates and really knocked down some walls. Almost a bit of an all access approach to what seemed to be very tight, closed band at the time. And thank the lord they have not turned back since!!!!!!
    Hail To the Victors
  • MK1980MK1980 Posts: 291
    Opening with 'In my tree' would be an excellent way to begin...

Lucky enough to see them open with 'Long road' and later on play 'Present tense' & 'Smile' in Manchester last year, they also played two of my favourites from Yield, 'Low light & In Hiding'. Ended (after encore break two) with the aforementioned 'Smile', 'Black', 'Leash', 'The real me' (who cover) and finished with Indifference...

Best gig ever!
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014