How do you purchase posters?

airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Do you buy posters by the show you went to?
The Artist, even if you didn't go to the show?
The actual look of the poster, even if you didn't go to the show?
The significance of the PJ show or the location, ex. Philly Oct. 31st or Jones Beach?
Or you just love to collect wall art?
Hail To the Victors
I refer to those in front...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    You just answerd you own question?
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    Which is what?
    Hail To the Victors
    airblue1 wrote:
    Which is what?

"How do you purchase posters?"

I get posters that i like, and tend to get posters from all the shows i've been too except Berlin and Manchester because who wants a big fuckin evil bloody butcher or a swan covered in oil on their wall..
    Thats a great point. So if you go to the show and you do not like the poster you skip it. But having a bloody demon on your wall might be going a bit far!!!!
    Hail To the Victors
    airblue1 wrote:
    Thats a great point. So if you go to the show and you do not like the poster you skip it. But having a bloody demon on your wall might be going a bit far!!!!

Like 90% of PJ posters look all evil and horrible, not sure why they make them like this, they arn't a death metal band.

This is what im talking about!

https://secure.feamerch.com/shop/index. ... 77usjcj1c1
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    Funny you should mention. I just woke up one day and asked myself that same question. I have most of the posters from the shows I have been to and a few that I have not been to. I have been slowly framing and hanging my posters and decided I want to frame and hang only the shows I have been to, so now I am eagerly seeking the few that I do not have. My first show is definately going to be the most expensive as it is the 93 Neil Young, Pearl Jam and Blind Melon. That thing costs a mint.
    I hear ya that is where I am the two posters I need are going to cost around 800
    Hail To the Victors
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i have 2 posters - the 2 shows i've been to... and i ordered a toronto because it's beautiful.. no idea where the hell it is though. i did think the christchurch poster was awesome but i was so gutted about missing the show that i couldn't buy it.
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    Brisk. wrote:
    tend to get posters from all the shows i've been too except Berlin and Manchester because who wants a big fuckin evil bloody butcher or a swan covered in oil on their wall..

I got a framed butcher on my wall! Also a man with a sledgehammer and an Austronaut!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• BiomechBiomech Posts: 34
    I have an oily swan on my wall!
    Brisk. wrote:
    tend to get posters from all the shows i've been too except Berlin and Manchester because who wants a big fuckin evil bloody butcher or a swan covered in oil on their wall..

I got a framed butcher on my wall! Also a man with a sledgehammer and an Austronaut!
  • Biomech wrote:
    I have an oily swan on my wall!
    Brisk. wrote:

I'm currently starring at "George Bush' on my office wall
    Perth 98
    Melbourne 03 (x2)
    Melbourne 06
    Melbourne 09
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    YES!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."