Just met Chad from State Radio(PJ Related)

merrigadmerrigad Posts: 17
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Saw him at a gas station in Rocky Hill CT. I went over as he was filling up his diesel sprinter van just to go say hey and that I was a fan. I just said hey when are you guys playin around here again? He smiled and said" hey I'm Chad "and shook my hand. He told me they were headin to europe then back to the US and was gonna be in Boston later on. I had a PJ shirt on and ended up getting in a conversation about the Band, Backspacer, and Eddie. He is a PJ fan but said he has friends who are bigger fans than him. He really likes their new album, admitted that he needs to give it a few more "spins" to really get his head around it though. We both agreed that it is a new direction for them but works well and fits with them as a band. He told me how he got to meet the band last summer down at ACL. He said they were all cool guys but he got to sit down and talk personally to Eddie after. He didnt get into specifics but smiled and said how cool he is. He went into how he loves Ed's philosophies and how he likes to listen to the boots and skip tracks to get to eddie's speeches haha. He said they keep a bunch of the "cardboard live albums" in the van. Chad and the Band were on their way to Maryland I think he said to shoot a video for "Calling all crows", even though they weren't going to be in it, just a bunch of women he said? I looked at his van and said so this is it huh?, this is Van and laughed. He said Hell yea dude I love this Van, we've had some awesome times in this thing...I just fuckin love vans". It was pretty funny Anyway, he was a really cool guy to talk to. Real down to earth.... Thought that I'd share.
Hartford '06, Bonnaroo '08, Virginia Beach '08, Hartford '08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i dont know much about them, but i liked dispatch, ur lucky to meet him! he sounds like a down to earth guy
  • Cool post. Thanks.
  • merrigadmerrigad Posts: 17
    To follow up. I you haven't heard State Radio yet, make it a point to check them out. They've got great stuff and although I've only seen them once live, they've got intense energy and are something special to see. Just about all of their songs have political overtones.
    Hartford '06, Bonnaroo '08, Virginia Beach '08, Hartford '08
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    awesome. State radio are one of my fave bands. Maddog commented on my pj shirt when they were down here in Australia last year.
    I know a few PJ fans who are big state radio fans 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • very cool story. I've seen them several times and Chad always hangs around after the shows and will talk to fans for pretty much as long as people stay. I keep waiting for them to open up for PJ.
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Awesome! Yea, State Radio is one of my favorites as well. For those not familiar, check out the album Us Against the Crown...good starting point.
    We were but stones your light made us stars