It Has to be Pittsburgh

airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I do not know if a lot of you "yinz" as they say in the strip are new to the Pearl Jam Catalog, however if you look at the five setlists played in Pittsburgh over the years since Yield or 1998 they are very comparable to the 8 shows in Boston, Philly, Jersey, New York and dare me to say Seattle?????? Shut your mouth Hey I am only talkin about Dirty Frank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 25, 1998Set 1
•Release
•Brain Of J.
•Last Exit
•Corduroy
•I Got Id
•Faithfull
•Even Flow
•Jeremy
•MFC
•Rearviewmirror
•Wishlist
•Daughter(I Want To Live)(Outshined)
•Do The Evolution
•Given To Fly
•Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
•Alive
Encore 1
•No Way
•Animal
•Hail, Hail
•Not For You
•Nothingman
•Black
•Rockin' In The Free World
•Yellow Ledbetter

Sep 05, 2000Set 1
•Even Flow
•Hail, Hail
•Animal
•Corduroy
•Grievance
•In My Tree
•Nothing As it Seems
•Light Years(Bull in The Heather)
•Daughter
•Leatherman(Save it for Later)
•Better Man
•Sleight Of Hand
•Given To Fly
•Last Exit
•Rearviewmirror
•I Got Id
•Black
•Porch
Encore 1
•Breakerfall
•Go
•Once
•Mankind
•Crazy Mary
•Wash
•I Got You
•Insignificance
Encore 2
•Baba O'Riley

Apr 26, 2003Set 1
•Hail, Hail
•Save You
•Corduroy
•Insignificance
•Cropduster
•Daughter
•Even Flow
•Faithfull
•Whipping
•Immortality
•Blood
•Down
•Love Boat Captain
•Wishlist
•Better Man
•Go
Encore 1
•Last Kiss
•Breakerfall
•Once
•Alive
•Footsteps
•Rearviewmirror
Encore 2
•You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
•Know Your Rights
•Do The Evolution
•Porch
•Yellow Ledbetter

PNC Park
Sep 28, 2005Set 1
•Go
•Corduroy
•Animal
•Even Flow
•Gimme Some Truth
•Given To Fly
•Daughter
•Black
•Better Man(Save it for Later)
•Jeremy
•Last Kiss
•Alive
•Save You

Mellon Arena
Jun 23, 2006Pre-Opener
•Throw Your Arms Around Me
Set 1
•Release
•Life Wasted
•Severed Hand
•Corduroy
•Do The Evolution
•Dissident
•Even Flow
•Marker In The Sand
•In Hiding
•Better Man
•Daughter(With My Own Two Hands)
•Garden
•I Got Id
•State Of Love And Trust
•Inside Job
•World Wide Suicide
•Porch
Encore 1
•Wasted Reprise
•Man Of The Hour
•Waiting on a Friend
•Black
•Alive
Encore 2
•Go
•Why Go
•Comatose
•Smile
•Yellow Ledbetter

More Reasons to come back to Pittsburgh I guess you could say "Ride the Wave" back to Pittsburgh!!!!
Hail To the Victors
I refer to those in front...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shellerizmshellerizm Posts: 127
    you must have some good weed - dream on! :lol:the last four shows in philly were unbelievable, the energy, the setlists...just nutz. then think of all the shows they have played in philly (camden nj) since 1998. then boston? in 2003 alone they played every song they had rehearsed - come on now don't be silly.
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    Hey we can live the dream, also!!!!!
    Hail To the Victors
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    You must be a "yinz" cuz you would know that the tags for the Sept. 5, 2000 would be for Daughter and Betterman, not Light Years and Leatherman. :lol:
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • StacyStacy Posts: 128
    Pgh had some AWESOME shows & set lists!! But this is something u cant debate! Were talkin PJ! Thats like picking a fav cd or song or band member or bootleg! As a true fan i kno i cant & ive seen all the above pgh shows. Halloween 09 was great! Plus Eds solo stuff, great!
    STACY *6Burgh* Go Steelers!!
    you get my point
    thank you
    but I must admit I have been in some other cities where they seemed complacent but it seems small little pittsburgh old steel town the rust belt seems to be one that PJ really amps up for. I appreciate it and so do the great yinzer of Pittsburgh. Although yinzers to some might be a bad word as a Pittsburgher you have to accept the truth and well might as well play the role :D:D:D:D:D
    Hail To the Victors
  • StacyStacy Posts: 128
    Oooo Hell Yes im a true Burgh native! I love all our lingo here! Made us who we are! We've had Great shows here... I wish they would "come back" soon! I thought 4sure this time BUT @ least clevland is an hour & 45min away. Ill be there baby!
    STACY *6Burgh* Go Steelers!!
    I am heading to Cbus not cleveland its a scheduling conflict I have. But Enjoy Cleveland and while you are there you know what to do to Browns Stadium!!!!!!
    Peace
    Hail To the Victors
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    shellerizm wrote:
    you must have some good weed - dream on! :lol:the last four shows in philly were unbelievable, the energy, the setlists...just nutz. then think of all the shows they have played in philly (camden nj) since 1998. then boston? in 2003 alone they played every song they had rehearsed - come on now don't be silly.

These past Pittsburgh shows (all of which I was at) can't compare to the 2009 Spectrum shows or the Boston experiment, but the Burgh always gets above average performances from the band. First performance of No Way in '98, only performance of I Got You in the states in '00, Mama-son in '03, and an all around rockin' show in '06. '2005 was a bit heavy on the radio songs, but that's what I expected when they were opening for the Stones.
    In addition to the Spectrum shows last year (II-IV), I was also at the Camden shows in '03 and '08. I have to say that none of those Camden shows top any show I've seen in the Pittsburgh area.

OGT92 wrote:
    You must be a "yinz" cuz you would know that the tags for the Sept. 5, 2000 would be for Daughter and Betterman, not Light Years and Leatherman. :lol:

Airblue must have copied that from the setlists on this site. It's a shame they don't feel the need to correct the many discrepancies in these.
    First kids I copied the setlist form the website so pardon the mistake. But you got my pt. I cannot travel a lot to the show unless it is in LA, when I am there or the PittKentucky area. However, they do show up in Pittsburgh and bring a lot of heat. As an official member of the city of champions I am could not apprceiate it enough. Peace to the peeps in the burgh!!!!1
    Hail To the Victors
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    NeilJam wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:

Airblue must have copied that from the setlists on this site. It's a shame they don't feel the need to correct the many discrepancies in these.

If you look at the laughing face at the end you'd know I was just fucking with him. Damn there are too many up tight people around here.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    I like the awakening of all the 'burghers on this site recently :) I have been to several shows now (DC 06, Pitt 06, Lolla 07, DC 08, both Chicago 09) and nothing has even come close to as being as good as the Pitt 06 show in terms of setlist and energy! For god's sake, I think I could have fell asleep at those Chicago 09 shows...lamest crowds I have ever experienced. The Pittsburgh 2007 Springsteen show crowd's average age was like 50 years old and all these people with arthritic knees and hips were rocking their asses off more than the sleepers in Chicago :)

And yes, PJ WILL play Pittsburgh this year. It's a shame that the Penguins are too damn good that they can't play in May ;) BACK TO BACK STANLEY CUP CHAMPS THIS YEAR BABY!
    OGT92 wrote:
    NeilJam wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:

If you look at the laughing face at the end you'd know I was just fucking with him. Damn there are too many up tight people around here.

I thought the smilie was because you found it funny that the tags were listed for the wrong songs. I didn't post that to be an ass ('they' in my previous post was referring to those who run manage the site), just pointing out again that the band's official website has incorrect info in their setlists.
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 675
    They do always seem to bring it in Pittsburgh. The 2000 concert seems to be one of the more overlooked setlists. First time they played Wash in a long time for the umbrella girl. I Got You for the only time in the US. People also forget about the preset that included Deadman, Trouble, and an awesome Naked Eye with Sonic Youth.
    Plus the openers were unreal.
    Hail To the Victors
    airblue1 wrote:
    Plus the openers were unreal.
    Robert Pollard? Worst "musician" in the history of music :sick:

Still remains the only band I have ever walked out on
    my bad i was meaning pj's opening songs

Nice Shout out to the Penguins
    BacktoBack is damn right :P
    Hail To the Victors
    airblue1 wrote:
    my bad i was meaning pj's opening songs

Nice Shout out to the Penguins
    BacktoBack is damn right :P
    sweet victory over filthadelphia today :thumbup:
    No doubt brother
    Philthadelphia is correct a lil mark madden ism their thats what the wife and call those hyers
    Hail To the Victors
    airblue1 wrote:
    No doubt brother
    Philthadelphia is correct a lil mark madden ism their thats what the wife and call those hyers
    say whaaaaaat?!
    3549396259_12fd6375cd.jpg
  • SprockeTeeSprockeTee Posts: 108
    NeilJam wrote:

the Burgh always gets above average performances from the band. First performance of No Way in '98, only performance of I Got You in the states in '00, Mama-son in '03, and an all around rockin' show in '06. '2005 was a bit heavy on the radio songs, but that's what I expected when they were opening for the Stones.

ditto on this part - and as a fellow yinzer it would be ridiculously sweet to have them back again - but i sure as hell wouldnt sacrifice a stanley cup date. there are 365 days in the year & certainly they could pick something outside of the stanley cup range. :idea:

i cant agree though that these shows were better than philly (and no I dont like philly) i didnt see the 1st 3 nights but night 4 - was inexplicably the best show i have ever seen & doubt that anything will ever compare to that. until that night - state college '03 was the best & currently ranks as #2 on my list of all time faves with #3 being the '98 show at star lake. i cant rank the stones show - it was awesome in its own right b/c of the stones but not one of their best only b/c as you said - too radio friendly. i was actually disappointed at the PJ fans who left the concert when the stones came out - i guess they felt they werent worth watching but they really missed out! and the shirt i snagged at the stones show is my fave PJ shirt - all black with the gold ('er yelloe) crow.

for now though - I'll see yinz at MSG on 5/21 in my fave shirt from '05 of course :D
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    shellerizm wrote:

Hang on just a second, I was at philly last year and it will always be one of my favorite shows but only because of the setlist and the show that the band gave, but energy? really? no, people were whining at every corner of me because they didn't play even flow or alive or better man, and the one guy was like "shut up and play something" while ed was telling an awesome story, and no one was singing along or cheering or anything, and don't get to high on yourself, those 4 shows were the ONLY good shows philly got and it was just cus of the spectrum (which is the only good part of the city, cept maybe the bell, IMO), none of them or camden compare to any pitt date ever.
    RiotZact wrote:
    Hang on just a second, I was at philly last year and it will always be one of my favorite shows but only because of the setlist and the show that the band gave, but energy? really? no, people were whining at every corner of me because they didn't play even flow or alive or better man, and the one guy was like "shut up and play something" while ed was telling an awesome story, and no one was singing along or cheering or anything, and don't get to high on yourself, those 4 shows were the ONLY good shows philly got and it was just cus of the spectrum (which is the only good part of the city, cept maybe the bell, IMO), none of them or camden compare to any pitt date ever.
    that sounds like your typical philly person ;)

and you are right, i've never had the feeling of such energy in the building as i did when pj played pitt in 06 (well...except for stanley cup finals game 6 last year!!! mellon almost exploded!)
    gndcd402 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    that sounds like your typical philly person ;)

and you are right, i've never had the feeling of such energy in the building as i did when pj played pitt in 06 (well...except for stanley cup finals game 6 last year!!! mellon almost exploded!)

Yeah we definatly have more passion here and PJ knows it, I think they've just forgot, or are waiting for the perfect time
  • Bring it back to the burgh PJ. Close the mellon pit and watch out for Big Ben he might ask u to go into the bathroom with him. Just say no :lol:
    js280023 wrote:
    Bring it back to the burgh PJ. Close the mellon pit and watch out for Big Ben he might ask u to go into the bathroom with him. Just say no :lol:

Then you will find out that big ben isn't all as big as we thought :lol:
    RiotZact wrote:
    js280023 wrote:
    Bring it back to the burgh PJ. Close the mellon pit and watch out for Big Ben he might ask u to go into the bathroom with him. Just say no :lol:

Then you will find out that big ben isn't all as big as we thought :lol:
    Zing! Just find him guilty already and trade his ass!

Lets close Mellon with a PJ show and another Stanley Cup win!!!!
  • couldnt agree more. Hello PJ, bye bye Big ben rapistbergher
    gndcd402 wrote:

Maybe they could even open the dome for one last show. I have heard that it could still open, but they are not positive it will be able to close again if they do.

They also need to make a PJ/Pens shirt next time they are in town.
    PJ Pens T's would be sick

If they closed Mellon with the roof open and the roof would not close after the show that would be EPIC!!!!!
    Hail To the Victors
    NeilJam wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

Maybe they could even open the dome for one last show. I have heard that it could still open, but they are not positive it will be able to close again if they do.

They also need to make a PJ/Pens shirt next time they are in town.
    I agree...a PJ show with an open Mellon would be the memory of a lifetime! I can dream can't I? :P

For the record, I just listened to Pitt 06 show for the first time in years and there is only one way to describe it...SCARY GOOD.