Cheap Hostels in Belgium?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,178
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Anyone know a good and/but cheap hostel in Brussels?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    let me sent some mails to tour friends from Belgium and ill update u..+ u have to know the train time from leuven - brussels,,not night trains..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,178
    So the railway station closest to the festival is Leuven, but you can't take a night train on the Sunday back to Brussels? So, you have to sleep in Leuven (hotel/hostel) or at the festival than (tent). (why no nightt raffic??)

How much would a taxi cost from Rock Werchter back to Brussels that night than?

Or maybe the best choice is to sleep in Leuven somewehere?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    No night trains from leuven? What has that city to do with anything? Can't you attend Rock Werchter on the sunday and then take a train/buss/taxi to Brussels to sleep at a hostel? Or is it far between Rock Werchter and Brussels?

Is Werchter located closer to Leuven ?
    brussels to leauven via train 22 minutes..leauven - wercter,festival area 15 minutes via bus u take it from leuven train stayion..
    the buses get u back to leuven..tha train times for sunday are here,
    last train 00:04

first train 05:09

http://hari.b-holding.be/HAFAS/bin/quer ... crollDir=1
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Ok. now I get it. Werchter is a town located 15km from Leuven and 30km from Brussels. So I should get a hostel in Werchter than because of the bad night communication between the towns.

Hmm, could be a problem with getting to my plane in time on monday :/
    Ok. now I get it. Werchter is a town located 15km from Leuven and 30km from Brussels. So I should get a hostel in Werchter than because of the bad night communication between the towns.

Hmm, could be a problem with getting to my plane in time on monday :/
    what time is your flight?
    I was thinking about a cheap one in 0700 (and not sleep), but now I take one at 16:00 or something.

But because of us being 4, it would not be to expensive to share a taxi from werchter to Brussels in the night I guess...
    I was thinking about a cheap one in 0700 (and not sleep), but now I take one at 16:00 or something.

But because of us being 4, it would not be to expensive to share a taxi from werchter to Brussels in the night I guess...
    if u was just u i could take in my hotel room,i have spare bed.i guess u come back to leuven and from there a taxi to brussels..search if there are taxis..and where..
    It looks now that we take a hostel in Leuven and I go from Leuven to the south railway station on Monday, and from there take a shuttle to the south airport for my flight at 17:00.

Hopefully that will work... :)
    It looks now that we take a hostel in Leuven and I go from Leuven to the south railway station on Monday, and from there take a shuttle to the south airport for my flight at 17:00.

Hopefully that will work... :)
    :thumbup:
    So anyone know any cheap hostels in Brussels? In Berlin and Dublin I found places to stay for 10-15euros - in Brussels the few I found is a lot more expansive.

Anyone know a cheap one?
  • Will you take flight from Berlin til Brussel on thursday?
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
    I was so stupid to decide on Belgium so late that I had already paid for flight from Berlin back home to Sweden on Friday So it looks like I will go to Sweden on Friday, then take a flight from Sweden to Brussels on Saturday morning. A stupid expense and pointless to go home to Stockholm between Berlin and Brussels... but yeah... stupid me to not decide on Brussels earlier.

But are there any cheap flights from Berlin to Belgium? Maybe the cost is so low that I can just throw away that ticket home to Sweden from Berlin.

And, why do you ask ??
  • I was so stupid to decide on Belgium so late that I had already paid for flight from Berlin back home to Sweden on Friday So it looks like I will go to Sweden on Friday, then take a flight from Sweden to Brussels on Saturday morning. A stupid expense and pointless to go home to Stockholm between Berlin and Brussels... but yeah... stupid me to not decide on Brussels earlier.

But are there any cheap flights from Berlin to Belgium? Maybe the cost is so low that I can just throw away that ticket home to Sweden from Berlin.

And, why do you ask ??

I ask because I have tickets for Werchter on friday, sunday and Arras on Saturday. I dont have tickets for Berlin, but it was fantastic last year so hopefully I will be there again this summer.

Berlin - Brussel in Norwegian kroner:

http://www.kelkoo.no/ctl/do/checkFlight ... Selected=0
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
    Ok. Im going to Dublin and thén home, then Berlin and home and then Werchter. Lot of travelling those 2 weeks :) 6 flights...

and my question to get back on topic:

So anyone know any cheap hostels in Brussels? In Berlin and Dublin I found places to stay for 10-15euros - in Brussels the few I found is a lot more expansive.
  • Ok. Im going to Dublin and thén home, then Berlin and home and then Werchter. Lot of travelling those 2 weeks :) 6 flights...

Im going to Dublin, Belfast, home, Arras, Werchter and hopefully Berlin or heineken opener festival.

Brussel hotels

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.ht ... ce_for_two
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Ok. Im going to Dublin and thén home, then Berlin and home and then Werchter. Lot of travelling those 2 weeks :) 6 flights...

hostelworld.com is your friend. Bookmark it.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!