Has A PJ song brought you closer....

KigityKKigityK Posts: 85
edited March 2010 in The Porch
to a friend or family member? Porch was an ANTHEM for me and my best friend... and just listening to any PJ and reflecting on the music as a whole really made us best friends, almost brothers (best man at his wedding, as he will be with mine). "The End" really made my GF appriciate PJ and she really digs the band now. Now she is a PJ NUT! and loves them as much as I do...

Explain Discuss
Chicago (Soldier Field 95), Chicago 98, East Troy 00, Chicago 00, East Troy 03, Chicago 03, St Paul 03, Chicago 06 x 2, Albany 06,Milwaukee 06 x2 Chicago (Grant Park) 07, Chicago (Vic) 07, Chicago 09 x2, Noblesville 10, East Troy PJ20 11 x2...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KigityKKigityK Posts: 85
    Let me explain mine:
    Porch: an aquaintence of mine and me, Jeff, had just broiken up with our high school GF's (1999). We were having a few beers and I, who had been a PJ fan since 92, played Porch and it really put everything into perspective... It was just one of those moments that friends share and never forget. Since then, we've been to dozens of PJ concerts together and ABSOLUTLEY lose our shit when they play Porch... just tonight, we were out together, with my GF (future wife) and his wife and the jukebox played PORCH... it was like old times... and we both knew how much it changed our lives as people and friends....

The End: My GF always knew I was a PJ fanatic, and for some reason, never got close to PJ. Well, we were on our way to Milwaukee from Chicago to see KOL and I played her Backspacer like 3 times on the way up. Everytime I looked over at her during the END, she had a slight tear in her eye. When we got to Milwaukee, she asked me to play it again.... I knew right there she was hooked, and I found even more love for her than ever before. It was like she GOT me for the 1 st time... she has been a huge fan ever since and has embraced everything PJ....

Let me hear yours!
    Chicago (Soldier Field 95), Chicago 98, East Troy 00, Chicago 00, East Troy 03, Chicago 03, St Paul 03, Chicago 06 x 2, Albany 06,Milwaukee 06 x2 Chicago (Grant Park) 07, Chicago (Vic) 07, Chicago 09 x2, Noblesville 10, East Troy PJ20 11 x2...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Nope but i keep trying :lol:
  • This isn't about a song, but more of an experience.....I went to one of the Camden shows with this girl I was kind of seeing in the summer of 08...for anyone that remembers the line for the ferry on the way bacK (for both shows) was soooo long. Well, she wanted to leave the show early so we wouldnt be waiting in line forever for the ferry. Well needless to say I was pretty pissed off, but seats weren't that great (as we all know the venue in Camden sucks) and she was kind of being a bitch so I caved in and left with her after the first encore. Anyways, needless to say we took some weird route out of the complex and don't even get to the ferry until after the show is over and a long line has already formed. Well I was very mad that she made me leave early....but she wanted to be affectionate and cuddle with me on the ferry ride back, well I wasn't having it and kind of gave her the cold shoulder on the way back. Well, she got mad that I was upset, didn't give me any that night, and I have only seen here once or twice since then, probably the last time was like almost a year and a half age. So, actually a Pearl Jam experience has DRIVEN ME FURTHER APART!!!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!