Sketchers Shape-Ups

LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else wear them? I know one other person on the board who does...Just curious what other people think about them.

I'm in my second week wearing them at work, I took one day off and I can feel them changing the way I walk a bit. Anyone else? I ran in them for a short sprint and I felt like I was going to tumble over! :mrgreen:
bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I thought you weren't supposed to run in these shoes?
    NERDS!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    I thought you weren't supposed to run in these shoes?
    nice avatar... very pensive... when did you dye your hair blond btw? :)

my mom bought a pair of these she has the same sized feet as me so i was going to borrow them for a couple walks with the dog... i feel like a nerd wearing them though :D
    anyways i've just tried them around the house and stuff they feel pretty cool to wear around and the logic behind them seems to make sense....
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    I have been looking at these.....I am interested to see what you think!!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    they are awesome. 8-)

i've been wearing mine daily to/from work for probably a solid month now. i totally feel them working out my legs entirely, engaging my abs, my back feels stronger, etc. absolutely makes you walk differently, kinda the whole point....and also works your muscles harder. i think they are so worth it - just get *more* out of walking. i only wear them to/from work tho, not all day. i may occasionally take a walk in them on the weekend too, but again, never have worn them all day.

and yes, they are not meant for running, but i sprint across the street in them often to catch a light, etc. it does feel a wee bit weird at first, but again, you get accustomed and it's fine. it's not like you're running blocks or anything.

haffa, the way they look really kept me from them as well but a good frind just raved and raved about em, i thought wtf....what do i care what shoes i am wearing to/from work, or for a walk, etc? i got the black maryjane looking sneaks, figured they were a wee bit "better" with my work attire :D but you bet, at this point, i just don't care. i SEE and FEEL differences already, good differences.....so yes, i am sticking with em!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Guess I'm just a nerd, I'm not too turned off by the way they look. I like big soles 'cause i tend to drag my feet and they're always worn out so quickly. I can't drag 'em in these shoes or I trip so they are helping in more ways than one!

Plus if I don't wear them for a day I totally feel it once I put them back on. I like them a lot so far! The ones I have now are funky for wearing anywhere but work but I want to get some cute ones...then I can wear them on the weekend too!

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Guess I'm just a nerd, I'm not too turned off by the way they look. I like big soles 'cause i tend to drag my feet and they're always worn out so quickly. I can't drag 'em in these shoes or I trip so they are helping in more ways than one!

Plus if I don't wear them for a day I totally feel it once I put them back on. I like them a lot so far! The ones I have now are funky for wearing anywhere but work but I want to get some cute ones...then I can wear them on the weekend too!

i like thick-soled shoes...but the shape-ups take it to a different level ya know? ;)
    glad they're helping you not drag your feet...i hate that, big pet peeve. :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    I am waiting for my pair to arrive. Been contemplating them for a while and got a good deal. Also having issues w/ plantar fasciatis/heel spur so I was hoping these shoes might help???
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    I am waiting for my pair to arrive. Been contemplating them for a while and got a good deal. Also having issues w/ plantar fasciatis/heel spur so I was hoping these shoes might help???

Oohh they do help! I am short so I always wore shoes with heels. ALWAYS. Whether it was a cute wedge or a real heel. BUT i had started wearing flats constantly to work 'cause all my pants were getting shorter and shorter(either because i was getting fatter or they were shrinking in the laundry or both but, whatever). After wearing flats for a month or so i started getting such pain in my foot but, mostly when i got up in the morning or after sitting a while. the doctor said it was the planta fasciatis and that my feet suffer in flats. I bought some wedge boots and wore those pretty much as a constant to work and the pain went mostly away. I have been wearing the shape-ups for going on 3 weeks to work every day now and NO pain, ever. So, long story even longer, they are definitely good for foot pain. I feel like I'm walking on cushions. I wore them one weekend and had to stand and walk all day and my feet weren't even tired or in pain, only my legs and butt were!

So yeah, highly recommend!

• jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    Lizardjam wrote:

Oohh they do help! I am short so I always wore shoes with heels. ALWAYS. Whether it was a cute wedge or a real heel. BUT i had started wearing flats constantly to work 'cause all my pants were getting shorter and shorter(either because i was getting fatter or they were shrinking in the laundry or both but, whatever). After wearing flats for a month or so i started getting such pain in my foot but, mostly when i got up in the morning or after sitting a while. the doctor said it was the planta fasciatis and that my feet suffer in flats. I bought some wedge boots and wore those pretty much as a constant to work and the pain went mostly away. I have been wearing the shape-ups for going on 3 weeks to work every day now and NO pain, ever. So, long story even longer, they are definitely good for foot pain. I feel like I'm walking on cushions. I wore them one weekend and had to stand and walk all day and my feet weren't even tired or in pain, only my legs and butt were!

So yeah, highly recommend!

Thanks for the info! Would be sooooooooo grateful if only my legs and my ass hurt but not my feet. Crossing fingers these help cause I really can't be out for a month for surgery!!! You have given me hope where there was pretty much none left. :thumbup: Thanks!!!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06