Toasted crumpets with butter and honey...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Rock!
Is there a better breakfast?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Rock!

The Spanish Omelette @ The Blue Plate Diner in Salt Lake City, UT

Eggs with green peppers, onions and chedder cheese smothered with salsa served with homefries, guacamole, sour cream, and some toast. All with a cup of coffe...culinary bliss. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Rock!

Eggs with green peppers, onions and chedder cheese smothered with salsa served with homefries, guacamole, sour cream, and some toast. All with a cup of coffe...culinary bliss. 8-)
    A breakfast beer in a 1L stein at the Wiesencamp camp site in suburban Munich, coupled with a bratwurst and bread roll, during Oktoberfest, just before heading on in to the festivities.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, beer. For breakfast.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    Hinn wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Rock!

A breakfast beer in a 1L stein at the Wiesencamp camp site in suburban Munich, coupled with a bratwurst and bread roll, during Oktoberfest, just before heading on in to the festivities.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, beer. For breakfast.

That does sound delicious. Beer is great anytime of day. :thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • CorsoCorso Posts: 201
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Rock!

all of that sounds delicious....ahhh breakfast best meal of the day...when done right...
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    mmmm would love those now!!
    Corso wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Rock!

all of that sounds delicious....ahhh breakfast best meal of the day...when done right...

Seriously, that omelette is like a drug. It's so god damned good. Every once in a while I'll go down there to have a nice quiet lunch break and gorge out on breakfast food and coffe.

Breakfast is easily my favorite meal. Breakfast potatoes?! YES! Can we get a drooling emoticon??
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Brisk. wrote:
    mmmm would love those now!!

Getting away from my omelette obsession, these do sound delicious. I don't think I've ever had an authentic crumpet... :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    I'd use jam instead of honey but hmmmm i want a crumpet now!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    dcfaithful wrote:

Seriously, that omelette is like a drug. It's so god damned good. Every once in a while I'll go down there to have a nice quiet lunch break and gorge out on breakfast food and coffe.

Breakfast is easily my favorite meal. Breakfast potatoes?! YES! Can we get a drooling emoticon??

breakfast is bomb! nicks on broadway in providence has the best home-fries with reg potatoes and sweet potatoes, seasoned to perfection. and brioche french toast and chi lattes :twisted: just saying

mm stoned and craving this SO bad! :shock:
    dcfaithful wrote:

breakfast is bomb! nicks on broadway in providence has the best home-fries with reg potatoes and sweet potatoes, seasoned to perfection. and brioche french toast and chi lattes :twisted: just saying

mm stoned and craving this SO bad! :shock:

Sweet potatoe home fries? Good lord... :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Oh YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and with honey straight from the hive, preferably tea tree and melalueca blend or macadamia honey...none of this store brought shit. I think I am tad spoilt as I have an uncle who is a beekeeper and nothing tastes as good as his honey :D
    Oh YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and with honey straight from the hive, preferably tea tree and melalueca blend or macadamia honey...none of this store brought shit. I think I am tad spoilt as I have an uncle who is a beekeeper and nothing tastes as good as his honey :D

I have to stay out of this thread. On a side note, your macadamia commen reminded me of macadamia pancakes I had in Hawaii....oh my freakin' lord those things were out of this world.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

I have to stay out of this thread. On a side note, your macadamia commen reminded me of macadamia pancakes I had in Hawaii....oh my freakin' lord those things were out of this world.

mmmm macadamia pancakes sounds AWESWOME!!! wonder where I can get me some of those?? probably nowhere near by considering it is just after midnight...damned it now I am getting hungry :evil:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I tend not to have my crumpets at breakfast time - any time of the day suits a crumpet :D
    I searched the freezer and hit the jackpot.....CRUMPETS!!! Did have to put them in the oven to seperate them but they were heavenly!!! :D
  • MK1980MK1980 Posts: 291
    Toasted crumpets with crunchy peanut butter and bananas...even better after a night out ;)
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    2 eggs, sunny
    whole wheat toast, dry (have the eggs for dipping)
    Bloody Marys....specially made by a friend of mine with my blue cheese stuffed olives in there (not a fan of celery!)
    I love Sundays.....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • MK1980 wrote:
    Toasted crumpets with crunchy peanut butter and bananas...even better after a night out ;)

I'll take two of those! :D
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2