St Louis availability

CaptainBCaptainB Posts: 57
edited March 2010 in The Porch
sorry if this is posted elsewhere. but i'm surprised by the availability of tickets for the st louis show. for starters, based on the top-seller's list on the fanclub page, of the presale tickets, i believe st louis had the least amount sold. secondly, i checked ticketmaster randomly the past week just to see what tickets were popping up, they were all in the 100's sections until today, when i was able to grab 8 together in the third row of the 300's section. any guesses on the capacity of the scottrade center for a concert? i know there's close to 20,000 seats. not that this would happen, but theoretically, who would make the final call to say, either "yeah, tickets just aren't selling, we need to think about either canceling or changing venues", or "we need to reduce prices on the 300 level seats just to get people's asses in them" i remember buying tickets to soldier field for the pumpkins during the adore tour. i had pretty decent seats too, then it got moved to tinley park due to lack of sales and the seats were first come first serve if i remember correctly.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJ 4 EverPJ 4 Ever Posts: 176
    I was at the show in 2003 at the same venue (it was called the Savvis Center back then), and the upper levels of the venue were empty. I imagine that since that show was not moved to a smaller venue or cancelled, this show will not be impacted either.

I also had tickets to soldier field for the pumpkins during the adore tour. i had pretty decent seats too, 10th row in fact. You are correct, when they moved the show to Tinley Park, they made it a GA show, which really sucked.
    '95 - 2
    '98 - 6
    '00 - 8
    '03 - 15
    '04 - 2
    '05 - 1
    '06 - 8
    '07 - 2 (Vic!)
    '08 - 2
    '09 - 2
    '10 - 2 (50th show!)
    '11 - 2 (PJ20)
    '13 - 4
    '14 - 4

Total = 60 (1st: Milwaukee 7/8/95, Last: Milwaukee Next: TBD in 2015)
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    The show must, and will go on! I'm sure they've sold the equivalent of SLC '09 which was a much smaller venue. There's too many costs associated with moving it at this point...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • The Salt Lake venue last fall was pretty empty, but that didn't keep the fellas from rocking the fuck out. 8-)
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
  • I've been to every show in St. Louis since 1998 and St. Louis is a funny city. It takes people awhile to hop on the band wagon. I will say though there are more people than I've ever talked to that aren't fan club members going to this show. There are like 6 people in my department that got tickets who could give a shit in the past when I've bosted about going to see The Jam.

What I'm guessing will happen is that the radio will start promoting this closer to the date of the show and there will be a mad rush, many people wait until the day of the show around here to get tickets unless it's something stupid and completely commercial...I'm not a big fan of my home town for that.

I also very rarely see the venue every close to sold out for concerts but I'm kind of hoping it ends up doing so, I'd like to see the guys make a trip here that's worth it from a buisness stand point.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - West Palm Beach, St. Louis, Champaign, Bonner Springs, and East Troy
    2004 - St. Louis, Asheville, and Kissimmee
    2005 - Kitchener and London, Ontario
    2006 - Chicago Night 1, Cincinnati, and St. Paul Night 1
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2010 - St. Louis and Noblesville
    2011 - East Troy PJ20 Night 1 and Night 2
    2013 - Wrigley and Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis and Memphis
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    The Salt Lake venue last fall was pretty empty, but that didn't keep the fellas from rocking the fuck out. 8-)

AMEN!!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    CServant wrote:
    The Salt Lake venue last fall was pretty empty, but that didn't keep the fellas from rocking the fuck out. 8-)

AMEN!!!

Yeah you guys got a SICK setlist, where the show is or how well it sells has nothing to do with how good the show is.... At least with PJ it dosn't
  • RiotZact wrote:
    CServant wrote:

AMEN!!!

Yeah you guys got a SICK setlist, where the show is or how well it sells has nothing to do with how good the show is.... At least with PJ it dosn't

That is true and looking back on STL '98,'00,'03, and '04 we got thrown some pretty good sets.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - West Palm Beach, St. Louis, Champaign, Bonner Springs, and East Troy
    2004 - St. Louis, Asheville, and Kissimmee
    2005 - Kitchener and London, Ontario
    2006 - Chicago Night 1, Cincinnati, and St. Paul Night 1
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2010 - St. Louis and Noblesville
    2011 - East Troy PJ20 Night 1 and Night 2
    2013 - Wrigley and Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis and Memphis
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • SkeeterBSkeeterB Posts: 423
    JM9427 wrote:
    sorry if this is posted elsewhere. but i'm surprised by the availability of tickets for the st louis show. for starters, based on the top-seller's list on the fanclub page, of the presale tickets, i believe st louis had the least amount sold. secondly, i checked ticketmaster randomly the past week just to see what tickets were popping up, they were all in the 100's sections until today, when i was able to grab 8 together in the third row of the 300's section. any guesses on the capacity of the scottrade center for a concert? i know there's close to 20,000 seats. not that this would happen, but theoretically, who would make the final call to say, either "yeah, tickets just aren't selling, we need to think about either canceling or changing venues", or "we need to reduce prices on the 300 level seats just to get people's asses in them" i remember buying tickets to soldier field for the pumpkins during the adore tour. i had pretty decent seats too, then it got moved to tinley park due to lack of sales and the seats were first come first serve if i remember correctly.

If this was a weekend show, many from Chicago would have taken the drive down so I think the day of the week really hurt travelers like me. A Tuesday night is just too difficult, especially when more "travel friendly" dates are available for the Thursday/Friday combo or Friday/Sunday combo. I'm doing the Columbus/Indy because it makes more sense logistically.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi