Album Availability

TiraterraTiraterra Posts: 11
edited March 2010 in The Porch
It seems kind of silly to me that you can't buy some of Pearl Jam's albums on their own website. I know that Epic took these out of print, but couldn't PJ's new independent label (Monkeywrench) always keep a few copies on hand? Just a thought.
Taylor A. Tiraterra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tiraterra wrote:
    It seems kind of silly to me that you can't buy some of Pearl Jam's albums on their own website. I know that Epic took these out of print, but couldn't PJ's new independent label (Monkeywrench) always keep a few copies on hand? Just a thought.

Epic may own the rights to those allbums still?
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Which ones are missing? Are they available http://www.target.com?
  • TiraterraTiraterra Posts: 11
    "No Code" and "Benaroya Hall" were missing last time I checked. I haven't investigated Target yet...
    Taylor A. Tiraterra
    Well, Binaural and Riot Act are only temporarily out of stock. Keep hitting refresh!
  • I ran into the same issue with No Code. Found it on Ebay for 7 bucks
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    jamburger wrote:
    Keep hitting refresh!
    We're sorry, but you just ripped our faces off trying to purchase a CD from 10 years ago. :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 730
    they may be ...wait for it...out of stock......
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i sent a mail to 10c at November and this was the answer:
    Binaural is out of print. We do not know when or if we will receive more from Sony.
    Sorry for the inconvenience,
    10c
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • It's a joke that some albums from one of the biggest rock bands on the planet are out of print!
    Good job, Sony! :roll:
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    It's a joke that some albums from one of the biggest rock bands on the planet are out of print!
    You can still find them everywhere though...
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    It's a joke that some albums from one of the biggest rock bands on the planet are out of print!
    You can still find them everywhere though...

Still though. Beginner's & fan's who just start out like to check out official website & it's official merchandise store and buy their goods directly from the artist then shop @ a retail store. I too am surprised a few CD's are out of stock but Amazon.ca & many, many other sites & retail stores still have crates of packages. Though I'm also surprised the last few PJ show's I went to there wasn't any CDs or DVD's @ the merchandise tables. :|

Why blame Sony? Is it not Sony's objective to make money? If there were a serious demand for them, you don't think Sony would find a way to get them into the store for you? Every album since Yield has sold substantially less than 1 million copies. So, if we assume that's the number for the initial run, why would Sony make more when there's about a quarter million of Binaural/Avocado out there and even more of Riot Act?

After Target knocked Backspacer down to $7.99 this past holiday season, you think they're placing an order for more?
  • i sent a mail to 10c at November and this was the answer:
    Binaural is out of print. We do not know when or if we will receive more from Sony.
    Sorry for the inconvenience,
    10c

Now I know the reason because i cannot find one fucking binaural or riot act vinil!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SONY!!!!!!!.....bitches.....
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • TheVan218TheVan218 Posts: 302
    I had a really hard time finding Vitalogy in stores last year. I ended up finally going to Amazon.