When someone falls over

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Do you
A) laugh
B) check if they're alright then laugh if not injured
or
C) Don't laugh at all

I fall under B. Saw some guy fall up the stairs at my local shopping centre, I thought 'uh oh, poor guy' then saw him smiling, and that was my cue to laugh.
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Do you
    A) laugh
    or
    C) Don't laugh at all

I fall under B. Saw some guy fall up the stairs at my local shopping centre, I thought 'uh oh, poor guy' then saw him smiling, and that was my cue to laugh.

If it looks like the person is okay i usually will laugh. :oops:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I just check to see they are ok- and maybe pretend I don't see...? as to not embarrass but if I know them I laugh hysterically :lol: if they are ok that is
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Do you
    A) laugh
    or
    C) Don't laugh at all

Yeah this would be my first reaction too. I was playing racquetball with a good friend of mine when he just SLAMMED into the front wall...I bursted into laughter (he would've done the same) but I also went to his aid to see if he was alright. He got up laughing and asking me how funny that looked.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    edited March 2010
    I laugh, then feel bad and make sure they are ok, then laugh again if they are. I know, I'm immature. I admit it.
    Post edited by morgie2 on
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    A

A couple of days ago my little brother tripped over a chair and went face first into a door. It was the funniest thing I had seen in awhile, but he seems to disagree.
  • My usual reaction is D: Laugh, then check to see if they're OK.

The only things funnier than falling down are someone getting hit in the balls, or getting hit in the face with some kind of ball...balls are funny :lol:
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    dcfaithful wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Do you
    A) laugh
    or
    C) Don't laugh at all

Yeah this would be my first reaction too. I was playing racquetball with a good friend of mine when he just SLAMMED into the front wall...I bursted into laughter (he would've done the same) but I also went to his aid to see if he was alright. He got up laughing and asking me how funny that looked.

:lol::lol::lol: :thumbup:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    Defo "B" Unless I'm stopped at a stop sign and I see some guy trying to act cool and jump over a a knee-high fence next to an icy sidewalk. In that situation, I definitely laugh my ass off as he picks himself up off the ground and covertly looks around to see if he was observed ;):lol::lol::lol:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    I only help them up if they're in the same tax bracket as me. If they're poorer, they're obviously just being lazy and need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. But if they're like me, they're deserving of compassion and assistance.
    scb wrote:
    I only help them up if they're in the same tax bracket as me. If they're poorer, they're obviously just being lazy and need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. But if they're like me, they're deserving of compassion and assistance.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    If okay, I can't help but to laugh. Its always funny. As funny as farts.
    Save room for dessert!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    All depends on who falls over. Is it someone I know? Someone old?

If it's someone I know and I know they are ok I laugh, someone old, don't do or say anything (maybe chuckle). Someone I don't know at all and they are ok maybe laugh behind their back ;) :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlpDiXPZHQ
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    My usual reaction is D: Laugh, then check to see if they're OK.
    same here... I guess I'm mean :twisted:
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    pandora wrote:
    I just check to see they are ok- and maybe pretend I don't see...? as to not embarrass but if I know them I laugh hysterically :lol: if they are ok that is
    Me too... :)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    This is not someone falling over but still.....
    I saw someone showing off in thier car late one night, speeding around in an empty carpark and then they did a 180 into a large kerb and got stuck.
    I laughed so much, and yelled out " Woohoo" and clapped and gave a whistle...
    and then the ambulance arrived and it took them 30 mins to get the person in the back of the car stable....
    :? :oops:
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    If okay, I can't help but to laugh. Its always funny. As funny as farts.

Oh yeah!!! Look I even laugh at myself when I do stupid stuff....and that's on a fairly regular basis, I'm from the gumby gene pool!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Saw some guy fall up the stairs at my local shopping centre....

If I saw someone falling UP the stairs, I would be in awe....
    redrock wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

I've done that :? :oops: Very, very painful on the shins. They were bruised for months and I had little dents in them for a couple of years following :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

On the plus side, the two freshly carved pumpkins that I had been holding survived unscathed :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    Many moons ago, when I was at school, I walked into a traffic light control box outside my school at one of Brisbanes busiest intersections...... In front of peak afternoon traffic. :oops: :oops:

Traffic%20Box%201.jpg

God only knows how I managed that!
    Many moons ago, when I was at school, I walked into a traffic light control box outside my school at one of Brisbanes busiest intersections...... In front of peak afternoon traffic. :oops: :oops:

Traffic%20Box%201.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:I walked into the tail-end of a parked car in a parking lot. I was reading a book and not paying attention :? :oops:

EDIT: I am a real klutz. I am always finding strange bruises on my body and trying to figure out how I got them :roll:
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Laugh, but I usually do check to see if they are ok when I get over my giggles.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • First, I kick the stoopid clutz while he's down, then I laugh as I tell him what a waste of skin he is
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • If it's a person I don't like, then I laugh. If I do like them, usually B.
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    we just had this conversation today here at work.

If they are okay I laugh my ass off. ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    no it's not really funny but it is kinda.
    no i don't bust out in laughter.
    sometimes though it is god damn funny.

i try to help when i can.
    if that means pretending i didn't see them because they're embarrassed then that's fine too.
    i don't really care one way or the other.

i know i've busted my fat ass many times and certain asshole friends think it's fuckin comedy time.
    last year i'm carrying a 50 pound bag of trout food into the hatchery when i slip on some ice and down i go.
    my buddy (dicksuck) thought it was a fuckin riot. i was spread eagle on the garage floor, half of me on the ground and the other half of me all twisted up on a pile of 4x4's...it kinda hurt like a bitch actually...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • If it were me watching, I would seriously be laughing my ass off, cause I just have tact like that...

But, I say its payback. I tend to be a major clutz!! I fell on the dance floor at my sisters wedding, bouncing my face off of the concrete, and I think everyone just laughed. And then I went outside and tripped on some wood and broke my foot and fell on my face... and again, everyone just laughed. I then walked over and sat on a bench and I tipped it over and my cigarette went in my hair. Again! The fuckers just laugh.
    So, yes. Payback!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i do a. and b.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    redrock wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

Yes I can confirm it was UP the stairs. It was one of the ones where he tripped up a bit, thought he could recover, then fall. It was good
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014

Traffic%20Box%201.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:I walked into the tail-end of a parked car in a parking lot. I was reading a book and not paying attention :? :oops:

EDIT: I am a real klutz. I am always finding strange bruises on my body and trying to figure out how I got them :roll:

We must be decendant from the same gumby gene pool!! :lol: I have given up on the bruises, they are always there........but I do put myself in for these things sometimes.......like when I brought my first dirtbike and realised I was shortsighted and didn't have the $$$ to go and buy glasses or contacts...now that made for some funny stacks!!!!