Pearl Jam type Festival 8?

Drop1The0LeashDrop1The0Leash Posts: 954
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I was checking out Phish and all the weekend long festivals they have put on in the past, like lemonwheel and festival 8, where they have played 6 full sets over the course of two days. I thought to myself how awesome it would be if Pearl Jam did this. Could it be possible for Pearl Jam to pull off something like this? They would be the only band on the bill for the night or maybe have a second stage of a few other smaller acts? A weekend full of fesitvities and music by the greatest live band on the Earth.

Any thoughts? Maybe somdething to consider for the 20th anniversary?
2006: Albany
2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
2010: Boston, MSG I
2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    msg 2? ;)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan wrote:
    msg 2? ;)

:lol:
    that would be pretty cool but im talking one big outdoor festival
  • release00release00 Posts: 347
    The reason it works so well for Phish is because they jam and they are always different. I would love for this to happen but I dont know if a PJ festival would hold the same magic that Phish does because with Phish you never have any idea what to expect. But that said, i'd love for them to try it out. I'd go. p.s. these are my two favorite bands
    "So much it dont show"
  • release00 wrote:
    The reason it works so well for Phish is because they jam and they are always different. I would love for this to happen but I dont know if a PJ festival would hold the same magic that Phish does because with Phish you never have any idea what to expect. But that said, i'd love for them to try it out. I'd go. p.s. these are my two favorite bands

Thats what I was thinking too. Pearl Jam does have a lot less jam than Phish but they still do have an impressive catalog. I just think it would be cool do to once, it wouldn't be something that they do every few years .
  • like someone already posted it probably wouldn't work quite as well with pj. that said i'd be there if it happened. see you on Phish tour this summer!
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • PJ shows are about the energy. i doubt they could keep it up like that.
  • like someone already posted it probably wouldn't work quite as well with pj. that said i'd be there if it happened. see you on Phish tour this summer!

Its all about the jamming at Phish festivals and where it takes you. This in turn leads to people bieng on some awesome drugs and the same paige (pun intended). The lack of jamming is one of the reasons you don't see many people raving at a PJ show or tripping face, everyone is just drunk or stoned. I think this is thier biggest flaw as a band because musically they clearly have the talent to jam out.

I'll see you this summer reedroth, Ill be the one on drugs drooling when they bust out a piper.
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • coaljam wrote:
    like someone already posted it probably wouldn't work quite as well with pj. that said i'd be there if it happened. see you on Phish tour this summer!

Its all about the jamming at Phish festivals and where it takes you. This in turn leads to people bieng on some awesome drugs and the same paige (pun intended). The lack of jamming is one of the reasons you don't see many people raving at a PJ show or tripping face, everyone is just drunk or stoned. I think this is thier biggest flaw as a band because musically they clearly have the talent to jam out.

I'll see you this summer reedroth, Ill be the one on drugs drooling when they bust out a piper.

sounds good sir.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    this topic comes up a bit. do you think ed's voice would last for 8 sets? doubt it.

fest 8 was 8 sets.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • choop wrote:
    this topic comes up a bit. do you think ed's voice would last for 8 sets? doubt it.

fest 8 was 8 sets.

I realize that festival 8 was 8 sets but i was talking about the Phish festivals in general which usually 4-5 sets and I don't think ive ever seen this topic on here.

I do think Ed's voice could last form 4-5 sets on a weekend tho.
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    the 2 day festivals were all 6 sets, fyi. 3 each day, not 4-5.

i'd be down for this with pj.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • choop wrote:
    the 2 day festivals were all 6 sets, fyi. 3 each day, not 4-5.

i'd be down for this with pj.

Guess I needed to do a bit more research, didn't know I had to be that exact :roll:

sorry to offend you hardcore phish fans