Options

So....A 20th anniversary show?

smg97791smg97791 Posts: 151
edited June 2010 in The Porch
What do you think are the chances that PJ plays on Octobr 22nd this year? I ask only because there is something else happening on that day that I really, really want to attend. I'd likely blow it off to try and go to a PJ show on this date but it would be nice if I could attend both. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    i keep hearing Detroit and it will be released on vinyl ;)
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    20th anniversary. Wholy fuck I am old.

My guess is that there is a show. Maybe Fan club only :idea:
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do it PJ!!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642

Word
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Fan club only, on Ibiza, with foam...of course I'll have to confer with my inside contact at MSG..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Aero83_ wrote:
    Fan club only, on Ibiza, with foam...of course I'll have to confer with my inside contact at MSG..

Agree fan club only but please no foam..
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    edited March 2010
    Aero83_ wrote:

i agree fan club only :mrgreen: and the 20th anniversary show can be held anywhere with the foam party as well would be greeeaaaattttttttt :mrgreen:

an this idea demetrios has here is great as well

As for ticket's, one 10club ticket per member only. No 2 pair's.
    Aswell, on the 10club ticket, it will have your name & 10club number :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Post edited by release23420 on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,981
    10/10/10 show? Oh baby i'm there! :mrgreen:
    Would love it to be a Seattle 20th anni show & 10club fan's only kinda of experience!
    Aswell, on the 10club ticket, it will have your name & 10club number.

8-)
  • Options
    release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    demetrios wrote:
    Would love it to be a Seattle 20th anni show & 10club fan's only kinda of experience!

8-)

i gonna edit my post this sounds even better mate
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

8-)

i gonna edit my post this sounds even better mate

Ah yeah! 8-)
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    demetrios wrote:

8-)

that would be wild!
  • Options
    MB50486MB50486 Posts: 243
    I'd really like to take the wife tho...maybe 10c can make an exception for me?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    And make the tickets FREE!!!!! ;) or at least the price of 20 years ago!! :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    And make the tickets FREE!!!!! ;) or at least the price of 20 years ago!! :)

5 dollars a ticket & Kraft Dinner donations @ the door. Good times! :P
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    How about a tenth anniversary show for the release of Binaural?
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    demetrios wrote:

8-)

you can show up on 10.10.10.....but i believe pearl jam will be gigging on 10.22.10. :D
    just sayin'.
    ;)

oh and i like pairs. it's nice to go with a spouse and/or good friend, especially if it's an assigned seating gig. 10c only is cool, but given they didn't do either of these things for their 10th anniversary show, don't think it would be too different for the 20th either.

and weren't you just recently giving a certain greek fan a bit of ribbing, something about checking their posts for grammar/spelling before submitting? you might want to look up proper apostrophe usage. ;) sorry - i just love dimitri, and anyone givin' him shit about his english, well..... :x :lol::mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    demetrios wrote:

8-)

you can show up on 10.10.10.....but i believe pearl jam will be gigging on 10.22.10. :D
    just sayin'.
    ;)

oh and i like pairs. it's nice to go with a spouse and/or good friend, especially if it's an assigned seating gig. 10c only is cool, but given they didn't do either of these things for their 10th anniversary show, don't think it would be too different for the 20th either.

and weren't you just recently giving a certain greek fan a bit of ribbing, something about checking their posts for grammar/spelling before submitting? you might want to look up proper apostrophe usage. ;) sorry - i just love dimitri, and anyone givin' him shit about his english, well..... :x :lol::mrgreen:

D'oh! I'll be @ the 10/10/10 & 10/22/10. There! :P

Cause many fan's luck out of 10club ticket's to show's in the East Coast day's ago, if Pearl Jam does something for the 20th anni, It would be best to have all paying member's a chance to buy one ticket ticket to the show first. There is over 400,000 member's but I doubt all 400,000 member's on this planet will travel to this one show.

Apostrophe, comma's & periods doesn't count for message board lingo.

I.could.type.like.this.adding.periods.after.every.single.word.and.still.make.the.reader. understand.the.whole.sentence.minus.the.periods! ;)

Not sure where your capital letters are in your sentences above, but who cares! It's a message board. EVEN IF IT'S ALL CAPITALS SPOKEN or no capitals at all, others in the community should understand what you post & what you reply to on the message board.

:geek:
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,685

why now u dont bitching?? :lol::lol::lol:

I love the idea of a 10C only 20th anniversary show (in a BIG venue). :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    my friends and i were talking about this not long ago. we think 10c show at the paramount in seattle would be perfect.
  • Options
    I think a new televised live Unplugged would be totally in order. Thats an awesome way to see and hear a band, and Pearl Jam has a lot more material since they did it in 92.
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
  • Options
    my friends and i were talking about this not long ago. we think 10c show at the paramount in seattle would be perfect.

The seating capacity of The Paramount Theatre is 2807. Would be the hardest to score 10club tickets to that show! Would of made a sweet Ed '08 April Fools show.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Maybe it will be different this year this anniversary or no?
    2000 was a big tour year lots of dates with Vegas falling amongst them so its hard to tell if it was chosen for the big day or just fell that way. Vegas being really no connection for a Pearl Jam anniversary compared to say Seattle.
    So I wonder if 20 will bring some thought and planning, that it will be the event we all long for. If not there's always 30 :D
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,685
    pandora wrote:
    Vegas being really no connection for a Pearl Jam anniversary compared to say Seattle.

You didn't hear??? They did the 10 year show in Vegas because I asked for it. :shifty:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    imalive wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Vegas being really no connection for a Pearl Jam anniversary compared to say Seattle.

You didn't hear??? They did the 10 year show in Vegas because I asked for it. :shifty:
    and that being the best reason of all :!:
    so I assume you witnessed the awesome event :?:
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    2000 was a big tour year lots of dates with Vegas falling amongst them so its hard to tell if it was chosen for the big day or just fell that way. Vegas being really no connection for a Pearl Jam anniversary compared to say Seattle.
    So I wonder if 20 will bring some thought and planning, that it will be the event we all long for. If not there's always 30 :D

Pretty sure that is just how it fell, honestly I can see them waiting until next summer to celebrate it with a 3 night stand at the gorge or some such thing, rather then a show on 10/22 I think all the speculation surrounding that date is just wishful thinking.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

Pretty sure that is just how it fell, honestly I can see them waiting until next summer to celebrate it with a 3 night stand at the gorge or some such thing, rather then a show on 10/22 I think all the speculation surrounding that date is just wishful thinking.

It would kinda suck if they don't do a live 20th anni show. They did a 10th anni show on 10/22/00, poster's & all. http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1686 & http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1687 . It's already in the record books. It kinda makes sense to do a 20th anni live show. Where? Where ever they want to jam. It might be in Albuquerque, New Mexico or Bismarck, North Dakota. Any wheres the band is at that date, a show must go on! :)
  • Options
    I hope its in Seattle coz I will be in final project hell at that time.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    MB50486 wrote:
    I'd really like to take the wife tho...maybe 10c can make an exception for me?

Have your wife join the club! Then she can buy her own ticket. You can trade the closer ticket with someone who is sitting next to you in the furthest seat and you guys can sit together and someone gets to move up since they would all be singles.
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    Pearl Jam will never play a fan club only show. Ever.
  • Options
    Stryker420 wrote:
    Pearl Jam will never play a fan club only show. Ever.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39&p=39#p39
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}