Autographed Hockey Memorabilia

DreamOfAngelsDreamOfAngels Posts: 829
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Back in the '90s I collected a lot of autographed Hockey memorabilia or other hockey related collectibles. I haven't watched hockey in probably 8 years and am ready to move these things onto someone that would appreciate them more. People have suggested putting these items on ebay but I am not sure how to value them to get it started. Do you have any suggestions for where I can find approximate market values for these things?

I have some autographed St. Louis Blues items that I thought about donating to the fundraiser auction I'll be attending but I'd hate to do that if what I have isn't something people would want...

Any ideas or suggestions for me?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Unless it something where you have a legitimate certificate of authenticity (like from the team), the value isn't much. There is SOOOOO much fake stuff out there...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • I would have to pull out my binder where I kept all of the certificates.. I think most of them were certificates of authenticity from the collectible company that I bought them from.. does that mean anything?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    edited March 2010
    your best bet is to check similar items on ebay or elsewhere online.

You can also bring them to a collectables show and price them around to different tables.

Or you just throw them up on ebay and let the value find itself.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I would have to pull out my binder where I kept all of the certificates.. I think most of them were certificates of authenticity from the collectible company that I bought them from.. does that mean anything?

I'm not an expert, but I would think that they wouldn't mean much (unless they were from a very reputable collectible company - if those even exist). You gotta figure if you are going to fake an autograph, faking a certificate isn't any worse.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln