Hartford Night 2 = TBD?

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Well the Celtics are in the playoffs as of last night, which we knew would happen. The thing is, the playoffs start in mid April. PJ can't just keep waiting to see what will happen so very well may make Hartford the TBD date because nite 1 sold out just about and it gives them time to plan stuff.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I'd be fine with that, but I dont think logistically it makes sense... but if the garden is out then they'll probably have a plan B somewhere right?
  • drsluggo wrote:
    I'd be fine with that, but I dont think logistically it makes sense... but if the garden is out then they'll probably have a plan B somewhere right?
    unless they make Hartford Sunday the 16th nite 2 and screw the 18th?
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I think the real question is can the XL Center get the elephant shit stank out of the building in 6 days for the Pearl Jam show on the 15th? The circus takes up residency there for the two weeks prior to the 15th. They better buy a ton of fabreeze!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    drsluggo wrote:
    But then you have 3 straight shows which they won't do...
  • I think the real question is can the XL Center get the elephant shit stank out of the building in 6 days for the Pearl Jam show on the 15th? The circus takes up residency there for the two weeks prior to the 15th. They better buy a ton of fabreeze!
    all of a sudden floor seats don't seem so great. :lol:
  • drsluggo wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

yeah I don't know how it's going to work. I don't know if the NBA would move a game. But I can see the Celtics lasting to the end of April or beginning of May, which doesn't give the band a lot of time to plan things out and release tix. I hope they keep the TBD at least somewhere. I heard House of Blues is shutting down so we can forget that! :lol:
    yeah I don't know how it's going to work. I don't know if the NBA would move a game. But I can see the Celtics lasting to the end of April or beginning of May, which doesn't give the band a lot of time to plan things out and release tix. I hope they keep the TBD at least somewhere. I heard House of Blues is shutting down so we can forget that! :lol:
    The NBA def will not move a game for a concert... at least not willingly, so I think that's out.

I hope they do have a plan B though... and announce it soon :)
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    The playoff schedule will be out soon, and for the most part, the dates are almost set and they are just waiting on matchups. The Celtics will only have home round for the first series and will most likely be on the road for the rest, if they make it. The Bruins are the 8 seed right now and would not make it past the Caps in the first round. Most likely the venues will know the dates for the games the first week of april.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • The playoff schedule will be out soon, and for the most part, the dates are almost set and they are just waiting on matchups. The Celtics will only have home round for the first series and will most likely be on the road for the rest, if they make it. The Bruins are the 8 seed right now and would not make it past the Caps in the first round. Most likely the venues will know the dates for the games the first week of april.
    keep in mind that the Celts win the tie breaker w/the Hawks for home seating due to winning their division.
    The playoff schedule will be out soon, and for the most part, the dates are almost set and they are just waiting on matchups. The Celtics will only have home round for the first series and will most likely be on the road for the rest, if they make it. The Bruins are the 8 seed right now and would not make it past the Caps in the first round. Most likely the venues will know the dates for the games the first week of april.
    keep in mind that the Celts win the tie breaker w/the Hawks for home seating due to winning their division.

Yes, but the Celts are probably the 3 seed, so if they win the first round, then in the 2nd round play at Orlando- where they might not make it out, and then in the finals would play in Cleveland if they got that far. The confereance Semies and finals are what would conflict with the 18th.
  • The playoff schedule will be out soon, and for the most part, the dates are almost set and they are just waiting on matchups. The Celtics will only have home round for the first series and will most likely be on the road for the rest, if they make it. The Bruins are the 8 seed right now and would not make it past the Caps in the first round. Most likely the venues will know the dates for the games the first week of april.

Yes, but the Celts are probably the 3 seed, so if they win the first round, then in the 2nd round play at Orlando- where they might not make it out, and then in the finals would play in Cleveland if they got that far. The confereance Semies and finals are what would conflict with the 18th.

I get that. I think the band/Kelly Curtis and management need to know by a certain time if they have to move to plan B. In other words, if the Celtics are still alive by April 30th, does PJ management say "f*ck it" and make a decision to go with, say Dunkin Donuts in Providence because you need to release the tickets a few weeks in advance. I don't think management is going to wait to see how far the Celtics go in the playoffs and might say, there's a chance that the 18th won't be free so let's go w/Plan B now.

I get that. I think the band/Kelly Curtis and management need to know by a certain time if they have to move to plan B. In other words, if the Celtics are still alive by April 30th, does PJ management say "f*ck it" and make a decision to go with, say Dunkin Donuts in Providence because you need to release the tickets a few weeks in advance. I don't think management is going to wait to see how far the Celtics go in the playoffs and might say, there's a chance that the 18th won't be free so let's go w/Plan B now.

I see what you are saying too, but I thought that the NBA/NHL set the dates for all rounds at one time. Like Baseball or the NFL, once the playoffs are set, the dates are known. So I would think, they know when each round is going to start already and the corresponding dates, they just need to know the teams. I could be wrong, but I thought that is how it was done in the past. So if the 18th is not a day for the NBA in the 2nd or 3rd round, they will know in the next two weeks probably.

• I get that. I think the band/Kelly Curtis and management need to know by a certain time if they have to move to plan B. In other words, if the Celtics are still alive by April 30th, does PJ management say "f*ck it" and make a decision to go with, say Dunkin Donuts in Providence because you need to release the tickets a few weeks in advance. I don't think management is going to wait to see how far the Celtics go in the playoffs and might say, there's a chance that the 18th won't be free so let's go w/Plan B now.

I see what you are saying too, but I thought that the NBA/NHL set the dates for all rounds at one time. Like Baseball or the NFL, once the playoffs are set, the dates are known. So I would think, they know when each round is going to start already and the corresponding dates, they just need to know the teams. I could be wrong, but I thought that is how it was done in the past. So if the 18th is not a day for the NBA in the 2nd or 3rd round, they will know in the next two weeks probably.

yeah I would think the dates should be set. The other thing too is if PJ plays TD on the 18th, there'd be a chance they'd have to get everything out of there by say 4am for a C's game on the 19th. It can be done, but it's a race w/the clock.
  • what about albany? is that still out of the question?
    "No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all"
  • what about albany? is that still out of the question?
    i would say so for the 18th. If this were U2 with two crews setting things up, then maybe.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Lupos Providence 10C only.

8-)
    I love to turn you on
  • fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 371
    drsluggo wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

They have before:
    04/11/03 – Sound Advice Amphitheater: West Palm Beach, FL
    04/12/03 – House of Blues: Lake Buena Vista (Orlando), FL
    04/13/03 – St. Pete Times Forum: Tampa, FL
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Fan club only... The Bushnell Theater Hartford....

An east coast Vic!!!
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II