SOLAT....redux

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited March 2010 in The Porch
First of all...SOLAT is one of my favorite Pearl jam songs...i'd say in my top 10

so when i saw it on redux i was like YES!! but when i first listened to it i was like....eh....they slowed it down! this song needs to be fast & furious!!

but then i started to listen closer.....hmmmmmm.....ya know....this is pretty bad ass!

it's slower....yet more soulful & still furious.....I love Ed's vocals on this track!.....i mean i still love the other version but damn....this has grown on me big time and i'm loving it right now!!

there's nothing like a sunny day with the windows rolled down blasting some SOLAT on the car stereo for all the regular folk to hear!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    u said it all........+1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    First of all...SOLAT is one of my favorite Pearl jam songs...i'd say in my top 10

so when i saw it on redux i was like YES!! but when i first listened to it i was like....eh....they slowed it down! this song needs to be fast & furious!!

but then i started to listen closer.....hmmmmmm.....ya know....this is pretty bad ass!

it's slower....yet more soulful & still furious.....I love Ed's vocals on this track!.....i mean i still love the other version but damn....this has grown on me big time and i'm loving it right now!!

there's nothing like a sunny day with the windows rolled down blasting some SOLAT on the car stereo for all the regular folk to hear!!!

Are you going to MSG?
  • FirstExit wrote:

Are you going to MSG?

:cry: no...not this time...went in '08 and loved it....but i just bought a car so i have to settle for Hartford & Boston this year.

what shows you doing?
    FirstExit wrote:

Are you going to MSG?

:cry: no...not this time...went in '08 and loved it....but i just bought a car so i have to settle for Hartford & Boston this year.

what shows you doing?

I'm going to Hartford/MSG/Boston, but I was looking for places to light up in New York City lol.
  • FirstExit wrote:
    I'm going to Hartford/MSG/Boston, but I was looking for places to light up in New York City lol.

i smoked right out on the street (roll a blunt)...and in my hotel...and in MSG...yeah...NYC is very smoke friendly! :mrgreen:
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    redux is my favorite version.

CAUSE I'M!!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    agreed. well put
  • PapPap Posts: 28,789
    State Of Love And Trust is my favourite song! And yes the redux is the best version ever! Second comes the Live at the Gorge Disc 5 version and third the Singles (Original Soundtrack) version.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    FirstExit wrote:

i smoked right out on the street (roll a blunt)...and in my hotel...and in MSG...yeah...NYC is very smoke friendly! :mrgreen:

I kept hearing the opposite, that there are mad cops around and they enjoy killing people.
  • I felt the same way you did the first couple of listens but eventually i was like Wow i love this version i especially love mikes solo near the end. Im going to MSG 1 still trying to get msg2
  • FirstExit wrote:
    I kept hearing the opposite, that there are mad cops around and they enjoy killing people.

don't believe the hype...NYC has like one cop for very 1000,000 people!...keep it cool and you'll be just fine. 8-)
  • I too wasn't wild about the redux version on the first listen but I now like it the best. It definitely whips it
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    FirstExit wrote:

don't believe the hype...NYC has like one cop for very 1000,000 people!...keep it cool and you'll be just fine. 8-)
    but there are all in manhattan... ;)
    btw was the first time i saw policewoman on a horce..was hot!!! :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    This is my favorite version of SOLAT.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    When are they releasing the Vs Redux?
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    FirstExit wrote:

Are you going to MSG?

what shows you doing?

I'll be looking for ya in Hartford and Boston... who are you going with?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Davidtrios wrote:
    When are they releasing the Vs Redux?

that's the $10,000,000.00 question.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Redux is my least favorite version. Sounds like the drums are arbitrary.

Of course, SOLAT was my favorite song to cover in 1992. ...and still today. :D

The version played by Cameron is kinda like a hybrid in between those two versions.

But this is by far my favorite:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8GCVYa3_pE
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    CJMST3K wrote:

this is by far the best....
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    Nothing beats the version on atlanta 3rd, 1994 IMO. DITP is up there too. There is a cool one with a ramones tag from 1998 as well.

SOLAT belongs in the early 90's though. It is one of those songs Dave A really knew how to work.
    I will swallow poison
  • CJMST3K wrote:

The version played by Cameron is kinda like a hybrid in between those two versions.

normally i'd agree with you Hoff, because i too like a heavy hitting drum style...but the redux version is awesome just the way it is!
    CJMST3K wrote:

normally i'd agree with you Hoff, because i too like a heavy hitting drum style...but the redux version is awesome just the way it is!

U R indeed Crazy. :lol:;)
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Redux SOLAT is incredible. Slowed down it has so much energy. I also like Ed's 'It's a' before it begins.
  • CJMST3K wrote:

ahhhhhh yeah...HELLO?!....you'd think you were new around here or something! ;):mrgreen::lol:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Are you aware that if you stare at your avatar for a minute it turns evil?
  • I will say that the version of SOLAT is much better than what they did on Breathe. In opinion Breathe sounds like shit the vocals are all over the place in the mix.

SOLAT redux version sounds like them jamming in a practice space that that's a cool element.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - West Palm Beach, St. Louis, Champaign, Bonner Springs, and East Troy
    2004 - St. Louis, Asheville, and Kissimmee
    2005 - Kitchener and London, Ontario
    2006 - Chicago Night 1, Cincinnati, and St. Paul Night 1
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2010 - St. Louis and Noblesville
    2011 - East Troy PJ20 Night 1 and Night 2
    2013 - Wrigley and Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis and Memphis
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • FirstExit wrote:

Are you aware that if you stare at your avatar for a minute it turns evil?

DUDE!! true story...it's a Saturday morning...i wake and bake and i'm on the pit checking out some shit and i'm in this thread reading with Hoffs avatar on the screen.....i see something in the cornor of my eye but by the time i look at his avatar dead on it's gone!! i'm rubbing my eyes and checking my weed for chemicals!!...then it happens again!! shit creeped me the fuck out! i thought i was hallucinating and shit!!....kind of ruined my high!....but then i just smoked some more and all was good. :mrgreen:

fuck'n Hoff!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

;):lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    "that was hot.....FUCK YEAH!" :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    fuck'n Hoff!!!!

That's what the ladies say when their friends ask what they're doing Friday night. :D
    CJMST3K wrote:
    fuck'n Hoff!!!!

That's what the ladies say when their friends ask what they're doing Friday night. :D
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: exept May 21th Friday i guess... :)