Options

Plantar Fasciatis/bone spur

2»

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Stretching can help many people beat this.  I'm sure you are working on that at PT.  
    It can be very painful.  
    Some struggle to get rid of it, hope you don't.
    If you didn't already, suggest an upgrade on your shoes.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    edited February 11
    I had this year's ago.
    Had it diagnosed within 72 hours.
    Started recommended therapy immediately 
    Added in chiropractic care.
    Got rid of it less than 6 weeks.

Some people have it for years due to lack  of diagnosis.
    Take a feezing  plastic bottle full of water and rolling it under foot works.
    Rolling a golf ball under foot works.
    Rotating hard soled shoes helps.

I am on my feet for work 35 hours per week.
    I have multiple orthotics that I rotate through multiple pairs of shoes. I never repeat shoes in a 2 week period.
    I have become almost obsessive about foot care.

Good luck

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I had this year's ago.
    Had it diagnosed within 72 hours.
    Started recommended therapy immediately 
    Added in chiropractic care.
    Got rid of it less than 6 weeks.

Some people have it for years due to lack  of diagnosis.
    Take a feezing a plastic bottle full of water and rolling it under foot works.
    Rolling a golf ball under foot works.
    Rotating hard soled shoes helps.

I am on my feet for work 35 hours per week.
    I have multiple orthotics that I rotate through multiple pairs of shoes. I never repeat shoes in a 2 week period.
    I have become almost obsessive about foot care.

Good luck

Great point....I never run with the same shoes two days in a row....if you are in your feet all day you should 💯 keep trading out comfortable shoes.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    I have plantar s bad from my achilles injury.  Fucking sucks.  Nothing seems to work.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Stretching can help many people beat this.  I'm sure you are working on that at PT.  
    It can be very painful.  
    Besides icing each foot twice a day for like 10 minutes or so I do the frozen water bottle under the foot twice a day as well for like 5 minutes each. Doctor/physical therapist gave me some exercises to do at home which are pretty easy to do and seem to be helping as well.

My next footwear will be a little more comfortable (have to wear work boots). I did however get some Dr. Scholl's inserts which seems to be helping as well.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    It can be very painful.  
    Besides icing each foot twice a day for like 10 minutes or so I do the frozen water bottle under the foot twice a day as well for like 5 minutes each. Doctor/physical therapist gave me some exercises to do at home which are pretty easy to do and seem to be helping as well.

My next footwear will be a little more comfortable (have to wear work boots). I did however get some Dr. Scholl's inserts which seems to be helping as well.

If you can get prescription orthotics. I rotate a pair of those with multiple pairs of Superfeet.
    Has worked to prevent a return for more than 18 years.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    It can be very painful.  

If you can get prescription orthotics. I rotate a pair of those with multiple pairs of Superfeet.
    Superfeet? What are those?

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    It can be very painful.  

Superfeet? What are those?

Superfeet | REI Co-op
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    I had it for quite a long time, and I just started wearing ONLY sensible shoes. Flats only forever (that may be helpful to you if you ever wear any kind of heel. If not, then yeah, go for inserts). Eventually it just went away. I think it actually went away very suddenly too. It wasn't a slow recovery. One day I just woke up and the pain was gone.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata