If your favorite NHL player scored...

RoadTripperRoadTripper Posts: 67
edited March 2010 in The Porch
...What Pearl Jam song would you pick as his goal song?

Mine is RVM for Evgeni Malkin after he blows past defenders

I found a cool article on music and hockey. It talks about the evolution of music in the arenas and the writers thoughts on how music can become better in the arena

http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/page/ ... ckey-world

Anyways, Jerome Iginla of Calgary Flames picked Even Flow for his goal song and this is why:
Jarome Iginla: "Even Flow" by Pearl Jam
"Even flow, thoughts arrive like butterflies
Oh, he don't know, so he chases them away"

Iginla plays like a Pearl Jam song. Straightforward, not always discernible and powerful. He has three years left on his contract with the Calgary Flames. After it is done, he will turn 36 that summer. He will have more than 550 goals and about 1,100 points.

"Even Flow" (1992) was released more than four years before Iginla played his first NHL game during the 1996-97 playoffs. That surprised me a bit. Iginla seems as though he has been around as long as Pearl Jam has. He seems older than he is. That's what a weight of a franchise and a city can do to a good man.

Iginla is only 32, 16 years younger than Chris Chelios and 13 years younger than Eddie Vedder. You can see what his presence does to the Flames organization. It's why the front office, players, fans and coaches have tried so hard to win a Stanley Cup. For their own satisfaction, yes, but also because Iginla has that regal Ray Bourque quality that elicits maximum effort from everyone, as they all feel obligated to help him win. These players exemplify so much of what is good in hockey. It is why it is conceivable -- as Iginla ages and if the Flames slide toward mediocrity -- that No. 12 could be dealt Bourque-style for one more shot at the Stanley Cup. And if Iginla wins a Cup elsewhere, he still could walk the streets of Calgary as a welcomed legend, much as Bourque does in Boston.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Maybe Iginla should have this song play when he scores http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yS09w6lVHI

I like the article, really cool concept.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,967
    What is the NHL?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    Max Talbot
    Even Flow
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    Big Drop wrote:
    Maybe Iginla should have this song play when he scores http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yS09w6lVHI

I like the article, really cool concept.

that is the funnist thing i have seen in a long time .. :lol::lol::lol::lol: made my day
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    Hmm.. Patrice Bergeron... so it would have to be something about a head wound or something in French. Don't know if anything comes to mind.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Buccigross is my favorite hockey writer in the biz. He's a pearl jam guy too, so that helps. Almost all of his articles incorporate music in one way or another.
    Columbus 00 / Buffalo 03 / Toledo 04 / Kitchener 05 / London 05 / Hamilton 05 / Toronto 05 / Toronto I 06 / Toronto II 06 / Pittsburgh 06 / Cincinnati 06 / DC 08 / NYC I 08 / NYC II 08 / Hartford 08 / Toronto 09 / Chicago I 09 / Chicago II 09 / Philly III 09 / Philly IV 09 / Cleveland 10 / Buffalo 10 / Hartford 10 / Toronto I 11 / Toronto II 11 / Hamilton 11 / London 13 / Pittsburgh 13 / Buffalo 13 / Toronto I 16 / Toronto II 16 / Boston II 16
    http://www.Sports-Casters.com