Backspacer is "Album of the Week"

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i gotta be honest, a lot of that article seems like its insulting Pearl Jam
  • i gotta be honest, a lot of that article seems like its insulting Pearl Jam
    people here always say that. just take the compliment!
  • haha i wasnt gonna comment on it at all, until it called them a "wannabe Who"
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    haha i wasnt gonna comment on it at all, until it called them a "wannabe Who"

Yeah I'm with you on this one, it's not complimenting PJ it's complimenting backspacer and insulting pearl jams other stuff from the new millenium. :evil:
  • if you read his other blogs, whoever wrote that sounds about as qualified to be a music critic as a cub scout would be for a national park ranger.
    10/2/96- Hartford, CT; 9/13/98- Hartford, CT; 9/15/98- Mansfield, MA; 9/4/00- Columbia, MD; 7/8/03- NY, NY; 7/9/03- NY, NY; 9/28/2004- Boston, MA; 5/4/06- NY, NY; 6/14/08- Manchester, TN; 6/27/08- Hartford, CT; 6/30/08- Mansfield, MA; 6/9/09- Albany, NY (Ed solo); 10/31/09- Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10- Hartford, CT; 10/25/13- Hartford, CT
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Is it just me, or is his first sentence a mess: "Last weekend a friend of mine reminded me of how young Pearl Jam sounds young on “Backspacer.” :roll:
  • They must not know music because they bashed Binaural. AND, they said BS was good when it is PJ's worst album by far (this is a fact not my opinion so please don't argue with me, i read it in a medical journal that BS is just horrible).

P.S. I do not like Backspacer
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    What a MFCSDB this guy is. Fuck him and his "wanna-be a music critic" ass.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    Shawshank wrote:
    Is it just me, or is his first sentence a mess: "Last weekend a friend of mine reminded me of how young Pearl Jam sounds young on “Backspacer.” :roll:

Yes, and not to mention that he don't write no good sentence structure. :roll:

• heheh the only good review in a hardcore pearl jam fan's eye is one that relentlessly kisses their ass and their entire catalog.

i hate to break it to you but the rest of the world probably thinks like this guy more or less.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    coaljam wrote:
    They must not know music because they bashed Binaural. AND, they said BS was good when it is PJ's worst album by far (this is a fact not my opinion so please don't argue with me, i read it in a medical journal that BS is just horrible).

man...
    mr. perfect doesn't lie. guess it's true
  • TMudrickTMudrick Posts: 267
    coaljam wrote:
    They must not know music because they bashed Binaural. AND, they said BS was good when it is PJ's worst album by far (this is a fact not my opinion so please don't argue with me, i read it in a medical journal that BS is just horrible).

I also read in a medical journal that you're a moron. Fact, not opinion.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    other than the terrible grammar i thought it was a decent review. i wouldn't call pearl jam "who" wannabes, but... well we'll just leave it by mentioning "breakerfall".
    backspacer is, by far, their best release since yield... that is fact, not my opinion. the music god told me.
    MrSmith wrote:
    heheh the only good review in a hardcore pearl jam fan's eye is one that relentlessly kisses their ass and their entire catalog.

i hate to break it to you but the rest of the world probably thinks like this guy more or less.

Not true!! I am a hardcore pearl jam fan and I could do without half of Back Spacer. But this wanna-be a music critic douche bag is WAY the fuck off base.

• lettinggo wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    heheh the only good review in a hardcore pearl jam fan's eye is one that relentlessly kisses their ass and their entire catalog.

Not true!! I am a hardcore pearl jam fan and I could do without half of Back Spacer. But this wanna-be a music critic douche bag is WAY the fuck off base.
    way off base? are you fucking serious? because he said they wrote wannabe Who songs? they have written wannabe Who songs!

he said he liked Backspacerand everyone gets pissy because he didnt say Riot Act was the greatest album of all time.
    ridiculous
    MrSmith wrote:
    lettinggo wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

way off base? are you fucking serious? because he said they wrote wannabe Who songs? they have written wannabe Who songs!

he said he liked Backspacerand everyone gets pissy because he didnt say Riot Act was the greatest album of all time.
    ridiculous

You missed my point completely, oh well whatever, nevermind.

• lettinggo wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    lettinggo wrote:

ridiculous

You missed my point completely, oh well whatever, nevermind.
    a simple "no, im not fucking serious", would suffice.
  • TM248419 wrote:
    coaljam wrote:

I also read in a medical journal that you're a moron. Fact, not opinion.

I can't argue with science.
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    sheep1copy.jpg

It's like self-inflicted communism around here sometimes. God forbid you don't worship every note of every song they have ever written. You are an asshole if you think otherwise.
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    lettinggo wrote:

Are you serious with this? Grow up man.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    lettinggo wrote:

i can't believe i actually knew what mfcsdb stood for without even having to think about it.
    my fast car sounds damn bad... not sure how that's even relevant but i feel smart.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    lettinggo wrote:

I don't know if I should pat myself on the back or punch myself in the face fo figuring out what "mother fucking cock sucking doucshe bag" stood for.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    lettinggo wrote:

I don't know if I should pat myself on the back or punch myself in the face fo figuring out what "mother fucking cock sucking doucshe bag" stood for.

back pat
    back pat
    dude