Eddie and I had an awkward moment

orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Had a dream I met Eddie ... when I went to shake his hand, I accidentally stuck my finger in his drink.

true story.
Jam out with your clam out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That is a weird dream...I've had many dreams abt Eddie too...used to be in love with him as a teenager in the 90's. Than in March of 1994 my dream came true--I got a handwritten letter from him after I wrote him a long letter bc he didn't show up at a concert in Seattle I went to...and then he gave me two front row tickets to his NYC show at the Paramount theater on 4/17/94...we stared at eachother he knew who I was...still wish I could have met him though and talked to him, but hey I did get a letter, tickets and his guitar pics. Used to think Eddie was not the nicest guy but after that he proved me wrong :)
    "If you knew me you wouldn't love me"- EV April 17, 1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    long red wrote:
    Had a dream I met Eddie ... when I went to shake his hand, I accidentally stuck my finger in his drink.

true story.

i absolutely love your sig :D
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    obviously you're not the most interesting man in the world...he only once had an awkward moment, just to see what it was like
  • gndcd402 wrote:
    obviously you're not the most interesting man in the world...he only once had an awkward moment, just to see what it was like
    I'll drink to that
  • FUNNY I WAS AT THAT SHOW IN THE LAST ROW......LOL ;)
    uncle matty
  • dreamweaverdreamweaver Posts: 716
    I stuck a finger someones drink when I went to shake their hand in real life.. the only word for it is awkward
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    I stuck a finger someones drink when I went to shake their hand in real life.. the only word for it is awkward

this was even awkward in the dream world. I gotta say, I think this was the first time I ever felt awkward in a dream.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    Stay thirsty my friends.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• LaddieLaddie Posts: 311

how do you put a finger in a drink when shaking someones hand?
    Not being mean, just curious. I'm trying to picture it. Did you not see the drink in the other person's hand-shaking hand?
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Laddie wrote:

Not being mean, just curious. I'm trying to picture it. Did you not see the drink in the other person's hand-shaking hand?

Yeah, I'm having a hard time picturing this. I might have to re-enact this in real life!
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    Laddie wrote:

well my explanation is that it was a dream ... and in your dreams anything is possible.

dream the dream of meeting eddie, put your finger in his drink.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    long red wrote:
    Laddie wrote:

well my explanation is that it was a dream ... and in your dreams anything is possible.

:lol::lol::lol: the dude almost invented grunge, i'm sure he would have keep on drinking and never mentioned it. Your Golden!!!
  • i think i dreamed that i got to introduce them once at a show, but before i could, someone jumped in front of me and got to introduce them. if i ever see that bastard again he's gonna pay.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    MrSmith wrote:
    i think i dreamed that i got to introduce them once at a show, but before i could, someone jumped in front of me and got to introduce them. if i ever see that bastard again he's gonna pay.

i know that guy, he's a DICK!!!
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Ha ha!!! You've ruined that line in thaesong for me now! ;-) Or changed it anyway. Everytime I hear it now I'll think
    put your finger in his drink
    :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • LaddieLaddie Posts: 311
    long red wrote:
    Laddie wrote:

I get your dream angle. Someone else posted that this happened to them in real life. Not sure how I would respond should this moment be shared between Eddie and I. I would definitely offer to buy him another white russian though.